Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position
Lou can go, nobody wanted this job and he took it, he deserves it. Callahan too young, he shouldnt go to the raiders.
Reply/Quote
Giants fans kinda laughed (as did a lot of the league) when Lou was hired as DC and to be fair the team kinda made a mess out of that process. Can't see the Giants fans jumping for joy to have Lou back, and with how badly that team has been going they need a homerun kind of pick from the point of the public perception. Need to get the fanbase excited and I don't see the guy who ran the secondary in some lost seasons as the savior in their eyes.

Lou deserves the interviews he has coached a good defense this season but he also has a loaded roster to work with, the Giants are a wasteland.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:00 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Giants fans kinda laughed (as did a lot of the league) when Lou was hired as DC and to be fair the team kinda made a mess out of that process. Can't see the Giants fans jumping for joy to have Lou back, and with how badly that team has been going they need a homerun kind of pick from the point of the public perception. Need to get the fanbase excited and I don't see the guy who ran the secondary in some lost seasons as the savior in their eyes.

Lou deserves the interviews he has coached a good defense this season but he also has a loaded roster to work with, the Giants are a wasteland.

Those same fans changed their tune when they realized how much worse their defense got when Lou was no longer there to coach their DBs.  They like what he has gotten out of Eli Apple and BJ Hill

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Lou accepts the Giants HC job, might be the Bengals hire Mike Zimmer as DC?

I really don't want to lose Lou, Zimmer's defense was a joke when it really mattered
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Don't see it happening, as I would think that would negate the remaining contract he is due from the Vikings.

Ah yeah, he would prob rather just take the money and chill.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:15 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I hear that guy Stink Fartindale is available Hilarious
but seriously....I would like to know what are our options if sweet Lou bolts. I agree with another poster that we dont need an old school guy like Zimmer but  a younger more relatable one seems a better fit.  

Martindale ain't coming to Cincinnati unless Mike and the rest of the family all get drunk then have strokes and name him a their guardian. I have the sneaking suspicion that ain't happening. Call me a skeptical bastard if you must.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
No way to bringing Zim back. He was with the Bengals when we were in that phase of good but not very good. His defenses would underperform too often in big games and he never seemed to win the big moments. I'm baffled by many things Lou does, but this defense has largely played well when it matters most in games. I also think it's just a really bad move to revisit the frustrating recent Bengals past when this team has done so much to create new tracks.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just saw he is interviewing for the NYG opening this morning. What a turn around for Lou, from people wanting him gone to now being a HC candidate.

I guess the good news is that the timing is good.  We have a long week and Lou won't know who to prep for until tonight, anyways.
Reply/Quote
Supposedly, he interviewed this morning which didn't give him much time to prepare

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Would suck to lose him. Would be amazing to bring back zimmer if it happened. I do wonder if zim could coach a 3-4 though.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:38 PM)pally Wrote: Supposedly, he interviewed this morning which didn't give him much time to prepare

Let’s hope he botched it. Tongue

Callahan is the one I’m really worried about. Bet that guy kills it in interviews.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:41 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Would suck to lose him. Would be amazing to bring back zimmer if it happened. I do wonder if zim could coach a 3-4 though.

Lou’s defense actually shows up in the playoffs…

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:04 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It feels weird to be interviewing for jobs during a playoff run. Anyway how are we going to keep this team together, better win now. I think burrow, chase, and evan are the base.

I feel like as long as we have those 3 together, then building the rest of the team is details. FA will want to play with a corps like that. I mean Chase is on an historical tear right now. Regardless of how the rest of the post season shakes out, I am grinning ear to ear with the possibilities Burrow and Co. are presenting to us.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lou’s defense actually shows up in the playoffs…

Who would you prefer as a DC? Zimmer is 2-3 in the playoffs. I think he’s a great coach. But if there’s someone better available, I would prefer the best available obviously—and a coach that matches our defensive philosophy. This is why I posed the question of whether he fits our defensive philosophy.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 09:16 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Who would you prefer as a DC? Zimmer is 2-3 in the playoffs. I think he’s a great coach. But if there’s someone better available, I would prefer the best available obviously—and a coach that matches our defensive philosophy. This is why I posed the question of whether he fits our defensive philosophy.

I want to keep Lou. If it ain’t broke…

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:41 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Would suck to lose him. Would be amazing to bring back zimmer if it happened. I do wonder if zim could coach a 3-4 though.

We did away with that 3-4 crap midway through last year; we are absolutely a hybrid defense, that plays nickel the majority of the time and with 4 down lineman at that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 09:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I want to keep Lou. If it ain’t broke…

That’s what I said too. But if he’s gone, my mind immediately went to Zim. Not sure who else is out there though
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 09:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We did away with that 3-4 crap midway through last year; we are absolutely a hybrid defense, that plays nickel the majority of the time and with 4 down lineman at that.

So in other words zim could run the hybrid 3-4/ whatever you want to call it? I like the guy. He’s a great coach in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
He deserves a crack at HC after what he did here.

Selfishly I want him to stay yet am happy for him if he gets the promotion.

MB opening his wallet like somebody suggested can not pay enough to keep Lou from taking HC gig.

Just got to hope they hire someone else.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:49 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd love to have him, but the personnel doesn't fit very well.

In what way?  We have 43 base personnel.  If I'm not mistaken, Zimmer is versed in 34 or 43 base schemes anyway but leans toward 43 preferentially.

I'm not seeing how a dude who's universally recognized as an outstanding DC, and a decent HC to boot, would be a "bad fit" for our personnel.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote