Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow's last four games - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow's last four games (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-s-last-four-games)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Joe Burrow's last four games - jj22 - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 02:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *Why can’t the credit go to great defense and elite QB play? Most of the time when a defense truly carries a team it’s paired with a good run game. We sure as hell haven’t had that lately.

*rhetorical question I know what the agenda is here

What exactly is my agenda? You are always looking for some agenda which is where you tend to get all flustered.

My only agenda is pointing out we have not see Burrow's "Championship Play" of week 15,16,17 in these playoff's yet, and we haven't had to thanks to the exceptional Championship play of the Defense.

But I'm interested in what you think my agenda is. Honest question. Maybe that will help me understand why you think we have? As a Bengals fan I am curious as to what you are talking about?

(01-28-2022, 01:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He averaged 9.4 yards per attempt that game.

You know picking up 10 yards on 3rd and 13+'s will get you 9.4 yards per attempt. 

RE: Joe Burrow's last four games - Nicomo Cosca - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 02:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: What exactly is my agenda? You are always looking for some agenda which is where you tend to get all flustered.

My only agenda is pointing out we have not see Burrow's "Championship Play" of week 15,16,17 in these playoff's yet, and we haven't had to thanks to the exceptional Championship play of the Defense.

But I'm interested in what you think my agenda is. Honest question. Maybe that will help me understand why you think we have? As a Bengals fan I am curious as to what you are talking about?

No idea why you keep accusing me of being “flustered”

[Image: f4714ef1-4e5f-473d-bc2a-8b9dc8ea9e23_text.gif]

(01-28-2022, 02:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: You know picking up 10 yards on 3rd and 13+'s will get you 9.4 yards per attempt. 

Facepalm

Did we even watch the same game? Are you truly trying to claim Joe was merely dumping it off the whole time? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills here.

RE: Joe Burrow's last four games - Interceptor - 01-28-2022

Now how did this deteriorate from discussing Burrow's outstanding 4-game stretch to biting each other's head off?

RE: Joe Burrow's last four games - TecmoBengals - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 02:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: You mean managing the game in the playoffs?

Because Nico is the only one twisting my words to say I am calling Burrow a game manager as a QB. And that is the rabbit hole you followed him down. 

In post three you said "managed the game" and then in post 12 you brought up game manager when replying to Nico. In post 19 you said, "I am giving... when saying he was a game manager."

It seemed evident to me you think Burrow's playoff performance has been that of a game managing QB. I'm not following Nico down a rabbit hole at all. I disagree with you based on my own thoughts already stated throughout the thread.

RE: Joe Burrow's last four games - TecmoBengals - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 02:47 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Now how did this deteriorate from discussing Burrow's outstanding 4-game stretch to biting each other's head off?

jj likens Burrow's 2 playoff games to the play of a game managing QB. A few posters disagree with the assessment. Arguments have been presented and then chaos and disarray prevailed!  Hilarious

(01-28-2022, 02:48 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: In post three you said "managed the game" and then in post 12 you brought up game manager when replying to Nico. In post 19 you said, "I am giving... when saying he was a game manager."

It seemed evident to me you think Burrow's playoff performance has been that of a game managing QB. I'm not following Nico down a rabbit hole at all. I disagree with you based on my own thoughts already stated throughout the thread.

Oh yea, you got it right as far as my belief he managed the game these last 2 games. And did an exceptional job at keeping his poise and looking like he has been there before. Limiting the mistakes, covering for a bad oline/run game, and allowing his defense to shine.

My words were twisted as if I defined Burrow as a career game manager, or a game manager QB.

But like I said Burrow hasn't been the QB we saw week 15-17 and hasn't had to be. He does have to be Sunday, and you guys will see the difference. 

RE: Joe Burrow's last four games - XenoMorph - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 02:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Oh yea, you got it right as far as my belief he managed the game these last 2 games. And did an exceptional job at keeping his poise and looking like he has been there before.

My words were twisted as if I defined Burrow as a career game manager, or a game manager QB.

But like I said Burrow hasn't been the QB we saw week 15-17 and hasn't had to be. He does have to be Sunday, and you guys will see the difference. 

Managing a game is exactly what QBs are suppose to do... Im not sure how its ever used negatively.

(01-28-2022, 02:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No idea why you keep accusing me of being “flustered”

[Image: f4714ef1-4e5f-473d-bc2a-8b9dc8ea9e23_text.gif]

Because you went on to make it seem like I attacked Burrow, Called him a career game manager, and now say I have some agenda (which I'd honestly like to know what you are referring to so I can understand your approach to me better).

RE: Joe Burrow's last four games - Interceptor - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 02:50 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: jj likens Burrow's 2 playoff games to the play of a game managing QB. A few posters disagree with the assessment. Arguments have been presented and then chaos and disarray prevailed!  Hilarious

[Image: tumblr_oxkbonlfoM1rzoi3uo5_500.gifv]

(01-28-2022, 02:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Managing a game is exactly what QBs are suppose to do... Im not sure how its ever used negatively.

I think people take it as a slight sometimes. And if I said Burrow was one in general I can see the outrage since he I think is an elite QB who can carry a team on his back not ride the wave of a defense/special teams while just not screwing it up.

The issue is that is how some took my post and that was never my point, and I've tried every way possible to explain that.

(01-28-2022, 02:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Managing a game is exactly what QBs are suppose to do... Im not sure how its ever used negatively.

Well, it’s not as dumb as “system QB” anyway…

I at least think there some validity to the label of game manger. It just doesn’t fit Burrow in these playoffs though. Now the 1st Raiders game and the Broncos game - those were good examples.

(01-28-2022, 02:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Because you went on to make it seem like I attacked Burrow, Called him a career game manager, and now say I have some agenda (which I'd honestly like to know what you are referring to so I can understand your approach to me better).

Show me where I specifically said anything about “career”

My issue was your take on the playoffs games. I made that perfectly clear.

RE: Joe Burrow's last four games - Sled21 - 01-28-2022

Really only one way to settle this argument.....

RE: Joe Burrow's last four games - XenoMorph - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 03:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Really only one way to settle this argument.....

great scene from a great movie...   I listen to that song all the time.

RE: Joe Burrow's last four games - Shake n Blake - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 11:28 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: I am never worried about Joe moving the ball and putting us in position to score, but what does concern me about this game is our red zone efficiency.  Kicking a bunch of field goals was good enough to beat Tenn, but it won't be enough against KC in Arrowhead.  Our defense has been playing amazing, but this is a different animal.

NFL Red Zone Efficiency

KC is only 15th in RZ efficiency at home.
We're 11th in RZ efficiency on the road.

Just staying positive. ThumbsUp

RE: Joe Burrow's last four games - Savagehenry54 - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 09:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Joe has, over his last four games, thrown for roughly 1575 yards with 10 TDs and 1 INT off a tipped pass.

He is playing championship ball and is going to take down KC and move the Bengals on to the Super Bowl.

18 sacks and a Lotta pressure in those 4 games too.

Only in Nashville though did the pressure get home so often and so quick that it felt like we might lose due to that one factor.  Obviously, half the sacks from the 4 game stretch were against Tennessee. So its reasonable to assume it won't be that harsh in KC.

If KC don't get a ton, and clearly with Burrow having just dispatched the Titans I can not understate that it really needs to be a friigin TON, of pressure,  their defense is in for a long day.

Which defense can get a couple key take aways will tell the tale in this game.

RE: Joe Burrow's last four games - Savagehenry54 - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 03:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: great scene from a great movie...   I listen to that song all the time.

Its in my rotation of notification sounds for my phone.  Rt now I'm using better call Saul theme song, but ill use goodbadugly again eventually I'm sure.

RE: Joe Burrow's last four games - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 03:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Really only one way to settle this argument.....

Funny damn dog lol Hilarious