Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow's last four games
Joe has, over his last four games, thrown for roughly 1575 yards with 10 TDs and 1 INT off a tipped pass.

He is playing championship ball and is going to take down KC and move the Bengals on to the Super Bowl.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Joe has, over his last four games, thrown for roughly 1575 yards with 10 TDs and 1 INT off a tipped pass.

He is playing championship ball and is going to take down KC and move the Bengals on to the Super Bowl.

Hell yes, Burrow is going to keep getting his numbers while advancing us to the Super Bowl. 

From a stats watching lens, I'll be waiting to see which WR or TE gets the big yards and TDs this week. Joe can spread it around and does. It's so fun to see whether Chase, Tee, TB, or Uzo get the rock.
Reply/Quote
He's played championship ball 3 of those 5 games. He's managed the game well and relied on a strong defense during the playoff's tho. This playoff run is all about the D so far.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 10:49 AM)jj22 Wrote: He's played championship ball 3 of those 5 games. He's managed the game well and relied on a strong defense during the playoff's tho. This playoff run is all about the D so far.

It's always about the D.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Joe has, over his last four games, thrown for roughly 1575 yards with 10 TDs and 1 INT off a tipped pass.

I am never worried about Joe moving the ball and putting us in position to score, but what does concern me about this game is our red zone efficiency.  Kicking a bunch of field goals was good enough to beat Tenn, but it won't be enough against KC in Arrowhead.  Our defense has been playing amazing, but this is a different animal.

NFL Red Zone Efficiency
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 11:28 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: I am never worried about Joe moving the ball and putting us in position to score, but what does concern me about this game is our red zone efficiency.  Kicking a bunch of field goals was good enough to beat Tenn, but it won't be enough against KC in Arrowhead.  Our defense has been playing amazing, but this is a different animal.

NFL Red Zone Efficiency

They definitely need to start finishing drives. But fortunately, KC's defense is nothing like the Titans' or Raiders' defenses.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 11:28 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: I am never worried about Joe moving the ball and putting us in position to score, but what does concern me about this game is our red zone efficiency.  Kicking a bunch of field goals was good enough to beat Tenn, but it won't be enough against KC in Arrowhead.  Our defense has been playing amazing, but this is a different animal.

NFL Red Zone Efficiency

This is one area of the "same ol' Bungles" that needs to be addressed and fixed.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 11:09 AM)Interceptor Wrote: It's always about the D.

That's what she said..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 10:49 AM)jj22 Wrote: He's played championship ball 3 of those 5 games. He's managed the game well and relied on a strong defense during the playoff's tho. This playoff run is all about the D so far.

He’s averaging almost 300 yards a game (296 to be precise) through 2 playoff games. That’s hardly “game manager” territory.

That would be a guy like Jimmy G, who’s averaging about half that.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 11:09 AM)Interceptor Wrote: It's always about the D.

Someone forgot to tell the Chiefs and Bills that…

Reply/Quote
Why do we struggle in the Red Zone? Without knowing the numbers I have a feeling we run the ball more on 1st and 2nd down. I'd let Joe cut loose 3 straight downs to score.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 11:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s averaging almost 300 yards a game (296 to be precise) through 2 playoff games. That’s hardly “game manager” territory.

That would be a guy like Jimmy G, who’s averaging about half that.

Not necessarily. It isn't all about yards that define game manager. It's about avoiding critical mistakes. He survived the INT, but any other mistake in such a close game regardless of yards we lose. Championship football can be I guess a qb leading a team to 4 fg's to 1TD. But I think that credit when you watch games like we have against Oakland and Tennessee goes to the D.

He had a great game putting up the yards given 9 sacks, but he did take us out of field goal range 3 times and some of those sacks were pretty bad and on him. If Tennessee doesn't go for 2 and just kicks the extra point, this is a different discussion.

Jimmy G isn't even a good game manager with his critical mistakes (especially late with the lead).

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 11:56 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Why do we struggle in the Red Zone?  Without knowing the numbers I have a feeling we run the ball more on 1st and 2nd down.  I'd let Joe cut loose 3 straight downs to score.

Part of it is that we score so many of our TD's on big plays from outside the red zone, so that makes our RZ efficiency look worse than our overall scoring efficiency. 

I do think Zac turtles up a little too much in the RZ, though.  I am not a Zac hater by any means, I think what he's done this year has been pretty miraculous, but this one thing is still a weakness for him IMO.  In the last KC game, he did call more red zone passes than normal, and while it didn't always work, KC's DB's got multiple holding/PI calls.  It's almost impossible to cover all of our weapons without grabbing them if Joe gets adequate protection.  
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 11:31 AM)Earendil Wrote: They definitely need to start finishing drives. But fortunately, KC's defense is nothing like the Titans' or Raiders' defenses.

And unfortunately KC’s offense is nothing like the Titans’ or Raiders’ offenses.

The Chiefs O is the best and it will take a great game by all 3 phases to beat them. They can do it but they need to have no turnovers, pressure Mahomes and score TDs when they have the ball. Easier said than done.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not necessarily. It isn't all about yards that define game manager. It's about avoiding critical mistakes. He survived the INT, but any other mistake in such a close game regardless of yards we lose. Championship football can be I guess a qb leading a team to 4 fg's to 1TD. But I think that credit when you watch games like we have against Oakland and Tennessee goes to the D.

He had a great game putting up the yards given 9 sacks, but he did take us out of field goal range 3 times and some of those sacks were pretty bad and on him.

He’s also working with absolutely no running game. Another reason he’s not just “managing the game.”

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s also working with absolutely no running game. Another reason he’s not just “managing the game.”

It's okay. It isn't an attack on Burrow. Giving the D credit for a win isn't some shot at Burrow. Burrow had to manage the game given the pressure he was under. If he didn't we lose. He wasn't given the time to take over the game. There was no margin of error. 0 TD's isn't championship QBing if we are being honest. We saw Championship QBing with Mahomes and Allen. Burrow has it in him, no one is saying he doesn't so don't get defensive. We saw it against KC, Baltimore, San Fran.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not necessarily. It isn't all about yards that define game manager. It's about avoiding critical mistakes. He survived the INT, but any other mistake in such a close game regardless of yards we lose. Championship football can be I guess a qb leading a team to 4 fg's to 1TD. But I think that credit when you watch games like we have against Oakland and Tennessee goes to the D.

He had a great game putting up the yards given 9 sacks, but he did take us out of field goal range 3 times and some of those sacks were pretty bad and on him. If Tennessee doesn't go for 2 and just kicks the extra point, this is a different discussion.

Jimmy G isn't even a good game manager with his critical mistakes (especially late with the lead).

You have a different definition of game manager than most, I believe. 

And you're kind of contradicting yourself here.  If he's a great game manager, he wouldn't have taken us out of field goal range three times.  Great game managers don't make those kinds of mistakes because they can't make the plays required to make up for them.  
Reply/Quote

So averaging per game
393 yards
2.5 TDs

So 3+ TDs need to come from Mixon or Jet Sweep or something.

What's the numbers for the defense last 4 games?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:16 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: You have a different definition of game manager than most, I believe. 

And you're kind of contradicting yourself here.  If he's a great game manager, he wouldn't have taken us out of field goal range three times.  Great game managers don't make those kinds of mistakes because they can't make the plays required to make up for them.  

So are you saying I am giving him too much credit when saying he was a game manager? I think he had a good game and it's amazing he was able to put up the yards under the pressure he was under. I just think the playoff wins have been the D and Evan. I think the issue is defining Championship QB'ing for those who want to avoid crediting the D for our wins.

Championship QBing (as we saw with Mahomes/Allen) doesn't need the D to win (sure they may lose because the other QB is playing championship QBing too which is rare - but we are talking 34/40 point games). Without our D we lose both Oakland and Tennessee games. Specifically the Tennessee game.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:08 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: And unfortunately KC’s offense is nothing like the Titans’ or Raiders’ offenses.

The Chiefs O is the best and it will take a great game by all 3 phases to beat them. They can do it but they need to have no turnovers, pressure Mahomes and score TDs when they have the ball.  Easier said than done.

That is a fair point, but I expect that the Bengals' defense can match up with the Chiefs' offense better than their defense can match up with the Bengals' offense.  Will it be enough? I don't know. It was last time, but this time it's in their house. However, I do like the Bengals' chances.
Reply/Quote