Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow's last four games
(01-28-2022, 01:31 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Thing is, Burrow having constant pressure in his face and being sacked 9 times leads to shorter passes just to survive. But that’s not like Jimmy G or even Rodgers in the 9ers game where they have time, and still decide to make the safe short pass.

Burrow could’ve been sacked only 5 times if he was actually trying to play an Alex Smith style of QB

If Burrow was only sacked 5 times, he lights it up and takes the game over. Maybe not as 5 sacks is a lot given the yardage typically loss when he spins and retreats. But him being sacked only 3-4 times vs Tennessee and we win running away with it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Joe Burrow is the only QB in NFL history to be drafted #1 and play in a Conference Championship Game in his first 2 years.....

And he still hasn’t even played in 2 full seasons worth of games yet. Last week against Tennessee was #28.

I figured Burrow would win us at least a couple playoff games on his rookie contract, but I never expected AFC Championship in year 2.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: cdc.jpg]

You think they were just letting him get the yards back? LOL

Sure if he didn't pick up the first down. Who cares if he picks up 15 yards on a dump off on 3rd and 20? That's exactly how this works.

And that was exactly my point as to how he amassed so many yards given the circumstances, and constant pressure.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sure if he didn't pick up the first down. Who cares if he picks up 15 yards on a dump off on 3rd and 20?

You can’t be serious. You ever heard of field position in a tight game? I assure you the Titans were not allowing a single easy yard. LOL

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:33 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I recon we will see the Elite QB from week 16 and 17 :)

Why that play and not the "Championship Ball" of week 19/20?

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: If Burrow was only sacked 5 times, he lights it up and takes the game over.

That would’ve required the o-line blocking better

If burrow got rid of the ball quicker when throwing it down field, that would lead to a higher chance of an interception

He could’ve prevented a couple sacks just by checking down, but checking down wouldn’t mean he was taking over the game
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can’t be serious. You ever heard of field position in a tight game? I assure you the Titans were not allowing a single easy yard. LOL

Huh? They gave up 340+ of them? Easy or not. 

Nicomo, you passion is clearly with the Offense (Burrow and Chase specifically), but I got news for you. Defenses don't care about yards, they care about points.

And they'd happily give up 10-15 on 3rd and 20's. that lead to punts.

Reply/Quote
Anyway, I have to step away for a minute. Burrow has been great (better than Dalton and Palmer maybe - I can't quite remember 09) in these playoff's. We will see "Championship Ball" on Sunday, and you guys will remember what it really is coming from Burrow.

Reply/Quote
Burrow is an elite QB who is capable of taking over the game.
Sometimes Elites get in situations where they need to manage the game.

But he's by no means just a game managing QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Huh? They gave up 340+ of them? Easy or not. 

Nicomo, you passion is clearly with the Offense (Burrow and Chase specifically), but I got news for you. Defenses don't care about yards, they care about points.

You’ve dug in so much you don’t even know what you’re arguing about at this point. You claimed Burrow racked up a bunch of yards on 3rd and 20’s (not true) because he was just dumping it off. He averaged 9.4 yards per attempt that game.

And claiming defense’s “don’t care about yards” is one of the most ludicrous things I’ve ever seen on this board (and that’s really saying something). You realize said yards set up all those McPherson FG’s right?

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’ve dug in so much you don’t even know what you’re arguing about at this point. You claimed Burrow racked up a bunch of yards on 3rd and 20’s (not true) because he was just dumping it off. He averaged 9.4 yards per attempt that game.

And claiming defense’s “don’t care about yards” is one of the most ludicrous things I’ve ever seen on this board (and that’s really saying something). You realize said yards set up all those McPherson FG’s right?

Right... and there is something to be said about field position as well.  Every yard matters whether it's getting into range for a field goal or a punt.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:00 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Right... and there is something to be said about field position as well.  Every yard matters whether it's getting into range for a field goal or a punt.

All wrong as this is what I said..

I also said - They don't care about yards they care about points.

And as my point has always been if it wasn't for Championship Defense (goal line stand on the 2 point conversion), those field goals don't win us the game. They run the clock out, and this is a different conversation. 

Nico gets too flustered when defensive. Don't let him drag you down his rabbit hole. 

Now I got to go for real now. 

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: And as my point has always been if it wasn't for Championship Defense (goal line stand on the 2 point conversion), those field goals don't win us the game. They run the clock out, and this is a different conversation. 

The game would not of played out the same.  People seem to forget that when they make arguments.  
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Nico gets too flustered when defensive. Don't let him drag you down his rabbit hole. 

I'm not seeing this in his posts and you stating it feels like empty, deflective rhetoric just because he disagrees with your take and arguments for labeling Burrow a playoff, game managing QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:08 PM)QueenCity Wrote: The game would not of played out the same.  People seem to forget that when they make arguments.  

It sure wouldn't have. They wouldn't have been throwing it with 30 seconds left giving the opportunity for the pick that led to the winning FG. They would have taken a knee and won. 

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm not seeing this in his posts and you stating it feels like empty, deflective rhetoric just because he disagrees with your take and arguments for labeling Burrow a playoff, game managing QB.

How do I get into next years fantasy football league :)
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Burrow a playoff, game managing QB.

You mean managing the game in the playoffs?

Because Nico is the only one twisting my words to say I am calling Burrow a game manager as a QB. And that is the rabbit hole you followed him down. 

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: It sure wouldn't have. They wouldn't have been throwing it with 30 seconds left giving the opportunity for the pick that led to the winning FG. They would have taken a knee and won. 

You don't understand what you are saying.  The failed 2 point conversion happened in the 1st quarter.  If they HAD succeeded. 

There is a million different outcomes of the game that could happen.   Ever watch the Marvel movies with Doctor Strange?  Go back in time and change 1 thing and the universe could be completely different.   

Therefor these type of arguments are silly.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: All wrong as this is what I said..

I also said - They don't care about yards they care about points.

And as my point has always been if it wasn't for Championship Defense (goal line stand on the 2 point conversion), those field goals don't win us the game. They run the clock out, and this is a different conversation. 

Nico gets too flustered when defensive. Don't let him drag you down his rabbit hole. 

*Why can’t the credit go to great defense and elite QB play? Most of the time when a defense truly carries a team it’s paired with a good run game. We sure as hell haven’t had that lately.

*rhetorical question I know what the agenda is here

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:14 PM)QueenCity Wrote: How do I get into next years fantasy football league :)

I'm just a member in the league, not the commish. I'd go to this thread: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League?page=166.

Maybe post you'd like to join the league? With fantasy football being over, I wouldn't be surprised if those running the league don't even check the thread until next year so patience might be required!
Reply/Quote