Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow's last four games
(01-28-2022, 12:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: All yards no TD's in a win is what managing a game is all about.

This is flawed and dumb
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I said Jimmy G is a game manager, AND A POOR ONE AT THAT

he’s a bad game manager. If he’s throwing less than 20 attempts a game, he’s definitely game managing

Based on how a game managing QB is framed, the almighty Google can explain this to all of us posters, I'd offer you're super accurate in labeling Jimmy G a game manager.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: What qb other than Mahomes has carried their team? Genuine question.

Rams defense has practically been lights out, other than the bucs scoring off of poor LA turnovers

Rodgers - the Packers live and die by his performance.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:55 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'll have to echo your sentiment and also offer I'm not sure this is a practical debate to be having.

The strike to Chase at game's end also exemplifies good to elite play not indicative of a typical game managing QB. Also, wasn't that when Burrow's head set wasn't working? He wasn't managed by Taylor to make that play, he took ownership as an elite QB to get it done.

I don’t think the headset fiasco was on the final drive, but I could be wrong.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:57 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Rodgers - the Packers live and die by his performance.

I believe the question was “of the remaining teams”

And uh, that run game for Green Bay was terrific this season, and held the 9ers offense to less than 10 points

And Rodgers stats for that game was game manager esque
Reply/Quote
Anyhow, I don't really have anything else to offer to the game managing QB discussion. Based on Burrow's stats and his spectacular on field play, I'm comfortable identifying him as a great to elite QB. He's better than a game managing QB. Subjectivity plays too heavily into such a conversation to resolve who is right or who is wrong; however, I'm good with saying Burrow is beyond game manager status with his QBing during the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 11:56 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Why do we struggle in the Red Zone?  Without knowing the numbers I have a feeling we run the ball more on 1st and 2nd down.  I'd let Joe cut loose 3 straight downs to score.

Joe and the Bengals struggle against zone defenses. It's been that way all year... Esp if they get pressure with 3 or 4...
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think the headset fiasco was on the final drive, but I could be wrong.

Oh, either way it was still one hell of a play to Chase and another example to place in the "not game managing QB" column.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: What qb other than Mahomes has carried their team? Genuine question.

Rams defense has practically been lights out, other than the bucs scoring off of poor LA turnovers

This round of playoff's?

I'd say only 
Allen

What teams would be saying their QB played Championship ball during the playoff's would be my question? This doesn't necessarily mean their team won.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think the headset fiasco was on the final drive, but I could be wrong.

It wasn't. It was the end of the half.

https://twitter.com/CincySportTV/status/1486845128367034370

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:57 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Rodgers - the Packers live and die by his performance.

I believe he was talking about the playoffs. And Rodgers was pretty lousy by his standards against SF. 225 yds 0 TD.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: This round of playoff's?

I'd say only 
Allen

What teams would be saying their QB played Championship ball during the playoff's would be my question? This doesn't necessarily mean their team won.

Of the remaining teams that are left, only Mahomes has carried his team
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:56 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: This is flawed and dumb

Ok well when you don't score any TD's as a QB then what else have you done besides the part of my post you cut out? Which was all good by the way.... 

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Of the remaining teams that are left, only Mahomes has carried his team

Okay well help me define "Championship Ball". Because from a QB I'd consider that play carrying your team.  And that is my point, and thank you for cutting through all the weeds to get to it. Burrow carried this team on his back against wins against KC, Baltimore, and even the loss against 49ers. Which is why I agree with those 3 games.

Reply/Quote
The Titans game was the first time since November 7th that Burrow didn’t throw a TD pass. If only there was something we could point to from that game that could possibly explain why…

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ok well when you don't score any TD's as a QB then what else have you done besides the part of my post you cut out? Which was all good by the way.... 

What Burrow did against the Raiders during the regular season was game managing.

Something like 19-28 for 200 yards is a game managing performance. Touchdowns are almost inconsequential. An 11-15 performance with 3 touchdowns is still game managing
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: What Burrow did against the Raiders during the regular season was game managing.

Something like 19-28 for 200 yards is a game managing performance. Touchdowns are almost inconsequential. An 11-15 performance with 3 touchdowns is still game managing

Yep. Perfect example. That was all Mixon in that game.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: And Rodgers stats for that game was game manager esque

Why cause he threw for 100 or so less yards and 1 less INT? 

If they had Evan they win.......

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Titans game was the first time since November 7th that Burrow didn’t throw a TD pass. If only there was something we could point to from that game that could possibly explain why…

Passing on Sewell? We are past that debate Nicomo. Time to move on...

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: What Burrow did against the Raiders during the regular season was game managing.

A good example and I think it is important to note that an isolated game managing from time to time does not mean the QBs overall ability is that of a game managing QB. I know jj22 is focusing on just the two playoffs games, yet the stats show Burrow has been a QB driving and leading his offense rather than just managing it during this playoff run. Imagine if Burrow didn't get his ass knocked down 9 times plus the 4+ additional hits against Tennessee. He'd probably have hit the 400 yard mark and added a TD or two.
Reply/Quote