Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow's last four games
(01-28-2022, 01:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Passing on Sewell? We are past that debate Nicomo. Time to move on...

He's not implying we revisit the Sewell debate. He's suggesting Burrow was good to elite in the playoff game, or not a game manager QB, and that a TD was only lacking because he got sacked too much.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: What Burrow did against the Raiders during the regular season was game managing.

Something like 19-28 for 200 yards is a game managing performance. Touchdowns are almost inconsequential. An 11-15 performance with 3 touchdowns is still game managing

I agree, but you say TD's are almost inconsequential (I agree) but they are pointing to the TD"s against Oakland as reason to say the offense wasn't conservative in the playoff game against them too. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:16 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He's not implying we revisit the Sewell debate. He's suggesting Burrow was good to elite in the playoff game, or not a game manager QB, and that a TD was only lacking because he got sacked too much.

That's a long winded way to get from point A to Z. 

I just went straight to Z. 

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: That's a long winded way to get from point A to Z. 

I just went straight to Z. 

Huh?
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Passing on Sewell? We are past that debate Nicomo. Time to move on...

No idea why you’re bringing up Sewell, but one OT wouldn’t have made much of a difference against 11 sacks. Especially when most of the pressure came up the middle against the RG.

My point was he set a record for most sacked QB in the playoffs while still getting a win. The fact that he was able to put up 348 yards in a game like that is nothing short of amazing. And you’re over here labeling him a game manager, and blaming him for a lack of TD’s when you know damn well the context as to why.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Why cause he threw for 100 or so less yards and 1 less INT? 

If they had Evan they win.......

Less than 30 attempts, 20 completions for only 225 yards

20-29 for 225 is game managing. Aaron Rodgers. 20-29 for 225

Mac Jones averaged 226 per game this year. He’s a game manager
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote:  Imagine if Burrow didn't get his ass knocked down 9 times plus the 4+ additional hits against Tennessee. He'd probably have hit the 400 yard mark and added a TD or two.

We can imagine that, and if he did I surely wouldn't have said the offense was conservative and he did a great job under the circumstances of managing the game and relying on the Defense and special teams to save the day...

But it didn't happen. And here we are.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:16 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He's not implying we revisit the Sewell debate. He's suggesting Burrow was good to elite in the playoff game, or not a game manager QB, and that a TD was only lacking because he got sacked too much.

Exactly.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:20 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Huh?

Getting pretty silly isn’t it?

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No idea why you’re bringing up Sewell, but one OT wouldn’t have made much of a difference against 11 sacks. Especially when most of the pressure came up the middle against the RG.

My point was he set a record for most sacked QB in the playoffs while still getting a win. The fact that he was able to put up 348 yards in a game like that is nothing short of amazing. And you’re over here labeling him a game manager, and blaming him for a lack of TD’s when you know damn well the context as to why.

No one is "blaming" Burrow or attacking Burrow. You are being so defensive I see that is how you are reading it. But you are wrong in your interpretation of my argument of how well he played and did managing the game.  

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Less than 30 attempts, 20 completions for only 225 yards

20-29 for 225 is game managing. Aaron Rodgers. 20-29 for 225

Mac Jones averaged 226 per game this year. He’s a game manager

Then we disagree after all, because the yards were only there because 40% of them came from making up the 89+ yards lost in sacks getting us to punts.  

If these QB's were sacked 9 times, and had 3rd and 20"s, then they'd have the yards too. I don't think you can put everything on the yards. Most were shocked he was able to amass 300+ yards given the score and beating he took, but not many really paid attention to how. Much of that was makeup yardage from the sacks. Didn't really lead to much else tho but stats. Which shouldn't be considered Championship ball.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: We can imagine that, and if he did I surely wouldn't have said the offense was conservative and he did a great job under the circumstances of managing the game and relying on the Defense and special teams to save the day...

But it didn't happen. And here we are.

Correct, it didn't happen and he still made spectacular plays such as the run up the middle to get a first down and the end of the game pass to Chase along with 348 passing yards. He was beyond a game manager with his style of play and accumulated stats.

Edit: Too many grammar uh-ohs.
Reply/Quote
Goodness this thread turned ugly or silly depending on your perspective.

Think it's pretty obvious with our current O-Line issues Zone defensives gives us the most trouble. Last two games we played Zone defensives which is why we aren't getting the touchdowns. This offseason hopefully that will be fixed and Burrow can cook longer in the pocket vs. this particular style.

Good news KC plays man mostly and if they do play zone they aren't very good at it. Burrow will cook on Sunday at 50 degrees temp.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Then we disagree after all, because the yards were only there because 40% of them came from making up the 89+ yards lost in sacks getting us to punts.  

If these QB's were sacked 9 times, and had 3rd and 20"s, then they'd have the yards too. I don't think you can put everything on the yards. Most were shocked he was able to amass 300+ yards given the score and beating he took, but not many really paid attention to how. Much of that was makeup yardage from the sacks. Didn't really lead to much else tho but stats. Which shouldn't be considered Championship ball.

Thing is, Burrow having constant pressure in his face and being sacked 9 times leads to shorter passes just to survive. But that’s not like Jimmy G or even Rodgers in the 9ers game where they have time, and still decide to make the safe short pass.

Burrow could’ve been sacked only 5 times if he was actually trying to play an Alex Smith style of QB
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:29 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Goodness this thread turned ugly or silly depending on your perspective.

Think it's pretty obvious with our current O-Line issues Zone defensives gives us the most trouble.  Last two games we played Zone defensives which is why we aren't getting the touchdowns.  This offseason hopefully that will be fixed and Burrow can cook longer in the pocket vs. this particular style.

Good news KC plays man mostly and if they do play zone they aren't very good at it.  Burrow will cook on Sunday at 50 degrees temp.

Elite QB cook or game managing QB cook?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Then we disagree after all, because the yards were only there because 40% of them came from making up the 89+ yards lost in sacks getting us to punts.  

[Image: cdc.jpg]

You think they were just letting him get the yards back? LOL

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Elite QB cook or game managing QB cook?  Hilarious

I recon we will see the Elite QB from week 16 and 17 :)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is the only QB in NFL history to be drafted #1 and play in a Conference Championship Game in his first 2 years.....
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:28 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Correct, it didn't happen and he still made spectacular plays such as the run up the middle to get a first down and the end of the game pass to Chase along with 348 passing yards. He was beyond a game manager with his style of play and accumulated stats.

Edit: Too many grammar uh-ohs.

He isn't a game manager, but has managed the game vs taken over the games the last 2 games in my opinion.

And game managers even for those who think that is an attack on a QB, can make plays like running up the middle for a first down.

The pass to Chase to end the game was great tho, I won't dispute that. But game managers in the true sense can make plays when needed. 

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: He isn't a game manager, but has managed the game vs taken over the games the last 2 games in my opinion.

And game managers even for those who think that is an attack on a QB, can make plays like running up the middle for a first down.

The pass to Chase to end the game was great tho, I won't dispute that. But game managers in the true sense can make plays when needed. 

I’d say he managed the Raiders game for sure

I don’t think I would say that about his performance against the Titans though
Reply/Quote