Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - psychdoctor - 03-18-2022

Interesting if true.

A 3-year deal sound correct? I just don't believe the numbers so I don't know if this is true

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 12:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Collins can pass his physical correct?

That's a good question without a clear answer.

Drew Brees flunked his physical with the Dolphins, but passed his physical with the Saints. (Which probably led to Saban eventually fleeing to Alabama changing the landscape of college football.)

Deuce Lutui flunked his physical with the Bengals, but passed his physical with the Cardinals.

The military has a regulation outlining medical conditions which are disqualifying. It helps to reduce the decision to black and white based upon objective information as much as possible, but doesn't completely eliminate the gray areas. So in most cases, the person either meets the standard or they don't. They're qualified or they aren't.

As far as I can tell, the NFL doesn't have a standard.  It's up to each team's doctor to determine if they pass or fail.  There isn't a standard the player meets or doesn't meet. So there are 32 different subjective standards which is why Brees can flunk his physical in Miami and pass his physical in New Orleans.  It's also rumored the Packer's team doctor didn't pass Favre, but the GM overruled him.  Basically, if a team wants a player to pass a physical, the player will pass his physical.

(03-18-2022, 01:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's a good question without a clear answer.

Drew Brees flunked his physical with the Dolphins, but passed his physical with the Saints. (Which probably led to Saban eventually fleeing to Alabama changing the landscape of college football.)

Deuce Lutui flunked his physical with the Bengals, but passed his physical with the Cardinals.

The military has a regulation outlining medical conditions which are disqualifying. It helps to reduce the decision to black and white based upon objective information as much as possible, but doesn't completely eliminate the gray areas. So in most cases, the person either meets the standard or they don't. They're qualified or they aren't.

As far as I can tell, the NFL doesn't have a standard.  It's up to each team's doctor to determine if they pass or fail.  There isn't a standard the player meets or doesn't meet. So there are 32 different subjective standards which is why Brees can flunk his physical in Miami and pass his physical in New Orleans.  It's also rumored the Packer's team doctor didn't pass Favre, but the GM overruled him.  Basically, if a team wants a player to pass a physical, the player will pass his physical.

I'm a little worried. Did he play any games after the hip injury?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-18-2022

Awesome, we get Collins and this is a fantastic Free Agency. Cool

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 01:06 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I'm a little worried. Did he play any games after the hip injury?

The hip injury was 2020. He played well in 2021. 5 games missed were a suspension. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nepa - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 12:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Collins can pass his physical correct?

Interesting question (and you had some good responses) because I just found out that Larry Ogunjobi failed his physical and now is a free agent again.

[/url]Adam Jahns
@adamjahns
[url=https://twitter.com/adamjahns]

The Bears are not signing DT Larry Ogunjobi because of a failed physical.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 01:24 PM)Nepa Wrote: Interesting question (and you had some good responses) because I just found out that Larry Ogunjobi failed his physical and now is a free agent again.

[/url]Adam Jahns
@adamjahns
[url=https://twitter.com/adamjahns]

The Bears are not signing DT Larry Ogunjobi because of a failed physical.

Whoa  Mellow

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Sled21 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 12:18 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Do you look anything up before stating this? 5 games for suspension last year and the injury the year before but otherwise almost a full 16/16

The suspension was for a banned substance, that he vehemently fought. I suspect he took a supplement with a banned ingredient in it. Hopefully he learned a valuable lesson and will go through the training staff to get all his supplements now.

(03-18-2022, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The suspension was for a banned substance, that he vehemently fought. I suspect he took a supplement with a banned ingredient in it. Hopefully he learned a valuable lesson and will go through the training staff to get all his supplements now.

Humm.  I thought it was cannabis.  

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Sled21 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 01:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Humm.  I thought it was cannabis.  

May have been. I just heard it was a substance, and he fought it vehemently. If he knew he smoked it I wouldn't think he would fight it, which is why I was thinking supplements.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - basballguy - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 01:16 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The hip injury was 2020. He played well in 2021. 5 games missed were a suspension. 

i think "played well" is the most accurate thing you can say about him.  He wasn't bad, he wasn't amazing.  

I was initially worried about bringing him in when he had the benefit of lining up next to a future HOF guard and bad ass blocking TE.  With the Karras signing I'm less worried about that now and I bet we see a similar performance from him.  

I hope we get something done.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - rfaulk34 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 12:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don't believe he has finished a year without missing games and last year he could not play in 5 games because of suspension, ive read a couple dallas articles that pointed out this is part of reason they decided not to sign him.  So if we do sign him make it short term not long term with the concerns he presents

lol. Why do you do this to yourself?

2017 and 2018 he started all 16 games. 2019 he started 15 games. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - basballguy - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 01:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: May have been. I just heard it was a substance, and he fought it vehemently. If he knew he smoked it I wouldn't think he would fight it, which is why I was thinking supplements.

LOL, he was also trying to bribe the test administrator.  

Collins was the only one that thought he was innocent.  

Still crunching numbers I suspect. I guess a lot of teams are in play to drive up price. I do not like it. I know agents have to do with this, but I still do not like it.

(03-18-2022, 01:59 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Still crunching numbers I suspect.  I guess a lot of teams are in play to drive up price.  I do not like it.  I know agents have to do with this, but I still do not like it.

I kind of question whether that's true. If someone really wanted him, they would have given up a decent pick for him. I think the question marks he does have are enough to drive most away, or not be willing to open the bank vault for him. 

(03-18-2022, 02:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I kind of question whether that's true. If someone really wanted him, they would have given up a decent pick for him. I think the question marks he does have are enough to drive most away, or not be willing to open the bank vault for him. 

The firewall holding up the deal is guaranteed money it seems.  

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 01:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: May have been. I just heard it was a substance, and he fought it vehemently. If he knew he smoked it I wouldn't think he would fight it, which is why I was thinking supplements.

La'el Collins suspension: Federal court judge upholds penalty ahead of Cowboys vs. Patriots in Week 6 - CBSSports.com

Seems like it was for allegedly attempting to bribe the person responsible for conducting his drug screen.  Collins denied the allegations and tried to get an injunction against the NFL's suspension.

Sounds like the judge was pissed at both Collins and the NFL. 1) He thought Collins waited too long to file the injunction because he had already been suspended three of five games and would most likely miss the fourth. 2) He was pissed at the NFL for enforcing an arbitration ruling of a punishment the NFL may not have had the authority to impose under the CBA.

I don't know if Collins is telling the truth.  But, I know without doubt the NFL lies its ass off.

(03-18-2022, 02:02 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The firewall holding up the deal is guaranteed money it seems.  

With the Bengals, that's never a surprise.