Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
70 million dollars wasted - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: 70 million dollars wasted (/Thread-70-million-dollars-wasted)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: 70 million dollars wasted - Nately120 - 09-19-2022

(09-19-2022, 01:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, so Cousins and Brees. The latter being 16 years ago.

Like I said, it just doesn’t happen much. If you have a true franchise QB, you pay him. And considering what the Bengals paid Palmer, I just don’t see paying Burrow being an issue.

And we’ve already been through the “he doesn’t want to go there” crap once, which turned out to be nonsense. So I’m not going to worry about him leaving. It’s highly unlikely, imo.

True, I guess the real question is what Burrow will be able to do when he's getting nearly $60 million of the cap per year.  It's possible he wants to be here so badly that he gives MB a huge break, but since we're talking about what usually happens, it isn't a likely bet.

It seems like the norm that QBs get massive salaries, the "highest paid player ever" contracts, and obscene amounts of guaranteed money.  If Burrow is status quo to stay here long term, he's status quo to get a team-crippling contract.  We've got to get this team rolling ASAP.

RE: 70 million dollars wasted - BengalsBong - 09-19-2022

Better pump the brakes on that 250 million next year. If 70 mil bothers, you.

Maybe Zac is trying to get us a Burrow discount next year....carry on Zac.

(09-19-2022, 02:17 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Better pump the brakes on that 250 million next year. If 70 mil bothers, you.

Maybe Zac is trying to get us a Burrow discount next year....carry on Zac.

[Image: 61lWzlX+TaL._AC_SX569_.jpg]

RE: 70 million dollars wasted - TKUHL - 09-19-2022

After being sacked 13 times already I seriously thought for a moment about Burrow walking away from the game.

But then I thought that’s ridiculous, there’s no way he would be able to walk.

RE: 70 million dollars wasted - lone bengal - 09-19-2022

I think Karras and Cappa have both been solid. Volson had an awful week one ,4th round rookie versus Cameron Heyward. I didn’t notice Volson as much today. The tackles have been bad. Collins has been awful I think it’s a combination of not having played in a long time he missed camp and basically all last year. Collins also faced Watt and Parsons. I think Collins might get better as the season goes on or it could be a case where he’s just done because injuries have taken there toll. Williams regression is the most frustrating and got no logical reason for it. Then I think you got some sacks on Burrow holding the ball too long and basically running into sacks. Also some on coaching like blocking a DT with a TE.

RE: 70 million dollars wasted - SHRacerX - 09-19-2022

(09-11-2022, 07:18 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: on a rag tag group of linemen that their old teams didn't want. No preseason action either. Zac Taylor, the genius he is thought you could just trot them all out there and have them compete at a high level because of 60 scripted plays against the Rams in practice.

Pittsburgh dominated them today and I quiver at the thought of Myles Garret and Justin Houston going against them.

I am really starting to wonder about Frank Pollack.  Everyone likes the way he talks, but what has he really done?  They have no clue how to run block, and they can't pass block.  So, what has he really done?  Jonah has regressed.  He looks fat and slow.  I am almost ready to give Adeniji a shot at LT and put Jonah at LG.  

One thing is for sure:  I don't spend another pick or dollar on a player like Bates until that line is improved.  

RE: 70 million dollars wasted - XenoMorph - 09-19-2022

(09-19-2022, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am really starting to wonder about Frank Pollack.  Everyone likes the way he talks, but what has he really done?  They have no clue how to run block, and they can't pass block.  So, what has he really done?  Jonah has regressed.  He looks fat and slow.  I am almost ready to give Adeniji a shot at LT and put Jonah at LG.  

One thing is for sure:  I don't spend another pick or dollar on a player like Bates until that line is improved.  

Ive been singing this tune since people were asking for him to come back he did nothing here last time.  Didnt do anything with the jets... And now hes back Making established players regress

RE: 70 million dollars wasted - masonbengals fan - 09-19-2022

(09-19-2022, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am really starting to wonder about Frank Pollack.  Everyone likes the way he talks, but what has he really done?  They have no clue how to run block, and they can't pass block.  So, what has he really done?  Jonah has regressed.  He looks fat and slow.  I am almost ready to give Adeniji a shot at LT and put Jonah at LG.  

Good Post

RE: 70 million dollars wasted - jj22 - 09-19-2022

(09-18-2022, 11:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Plenty? Idk about that. Even guys like Tannenbaum who made absolute clown’s out of themselves during that whole debate admitted they were dead wrong.

And it’s ridiculous to not give Chase (and Tee) any credit for those playoff wins. Especially the first one against the Raiders. Chase had 116 yards and was the offense in that game.

Anyway, we don’t even sniff the playoffs in the first place without all his explosive plays during the regular season. He literally had the best rookie season since Randy Moss.

You still don't get it. 

1 year of a playoff run and SB appearance vs years of sustained success? Which do you choose. Well you sound like you chose that 1 year. Truth is, we may not have made it last year, but we'd be better positioned to maintain success with a solid line and receivers in following draft classes. You aren't thinking big picture, and that is why the debate is far from over. As we stare 3-14 in the face, it will resurface (it already has).

A Superbowl run (no victory) followed by mediocracy and what looks like a top 3 pick, or years of shots at Superbowls through sustained success.

(09-18-2022, 11:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You didn’t name a single franchise QB in their prime that hit FA. It just doesn’t happen.

Burrow is trending towards damaged goods. It wouldn't be wise to give him (already being 26) with the beating he's taken and the lost pocket presence 300m. This offseason anyway. 

This isn't a young Herbert/Lamar/Murray with far less injury history or beatings.... 

RE: 70 million dollars wasted - Tomkat - 09-19-2022

(09-11-2022, 08:35 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: R-E-L-A-X

Week one, they didn’t play together in preseason. There were some obvious growing pains and communication fails. That’ll get better. Burrow didn’t help any either. 17 game season. We nearly won a game with what? 5 turnovers and 5 sacks or something like that? And horrible luck with a LS injury costing us a win multiple times.

The team will be just fine. The line will improve greatly. Give it time, all will be fine.

This aged like spoiled milk.

RE: 70 million dollars wasted - leonardfan40 - 09-19-2022

(09-19-2022, 09:26 AM)Tomkat Wrote: This aged like spoiled milk.

2 games into a 17 game season. One game out of first in the division. Team has played like garbage and still only lost on last second FG’s both games. The world hasn’t ended. The season isn’t over. Yes they played horribly again. No, it was not fun to watch.

They can and will figure it out. It might not happen overnight but it will get fixed.

I’ll say it again. R-E-L-A-X.

RE: 70 million dollars wasted - Tomkat - 09-19-2022

(09-19-2022, 10:28 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’ll say it again. R-E-L-A-X.

I will R-E-L-A-X when I see ANY sign of improvement - as of yet, there has been none.

RE: 70 million dollars wasted - AlphaBengal - 09-19-2022

(09-19-2022, 02:58 AM)TKUHL Wrote: After being sacked 13 times already I seriously thought for a moment about Burrow walking away from the game.

But then I thought that’s ridiculous, there’s no way he would be able to walk.

I just hope we don’t have an Andrew Luck situation is 3-4 years with Burrow and all the punishment he’s taken.

RE: 70 million dollars wasted - Sled21 - 09-19-2022

1st game playing together on the road in a dome. Relax....

(09-19-2022, 10:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: 1st game playing together on the road in a dome. Relax....

Hmm, that's a bit of an interesting explanation I don't think I've ever heard before.  Let's see....2 weeks into the season, including our loss to the Cowboys, teams that go on the road to play a dome team are 5-4 with the Bucs playing two road games in domes already and going 2-0.

I'd also say these stats are skewed by crappy teams like the Lions, Falcons, and Cowboys having domes, but two of those lousy teams got the W over "the better" team, so who knows.  I've just never heard this one before.

(09-19-2022, 11:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, that's a bit of an interesting explanation I don't think I've ever heard before.  Let's see....2 weeks into the season, including our loss to the Cowboys, teams that go on the road to play a dome team are 5-4 with the Bucs playing two road games in domes already and going 2-0.

I'd also say these stats are skewed by crappy teams like the Lions, Falcons, and Cowboys having domes, but two of those lousy teams got the W over "the better" team, so who knows.  I've just never heard this one before.

Any of those teams going in with a completely new O line who have never played together and with 4 of the five new to the team? Anybody who didn't think this line would need a few games to ge knows nothing about line play.

(09-19-2022, 11:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Any of those teams going in with a completely new O line who have never played together and with 4 of the five new to the team? Anybody who didn't think this line would need a few games to ge knows nothing about line play.

Buc's lost nearly their whole line this preseason. 

(09-19-2022, 11:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Any of those teams going in with a completely new O line who have never played together and with 4 of the five new to the team? Anybody who didn't think this line would need a few games to ge knows nothing about line play.

Fair enough.  When am I allowed to reasonably expect the Bengals to win a football game this year, because I thought we'd be 2-0 by now without realizing I was being a dumbass.

(09-19-2022, 11:06 AM)jj22 Wrote: Buc's lost nearly their whole line this preseason. 

Well, Tom Brady grabs players by the facemask and screams at them until they're gelled.  We knew Palmer and Dalton didn't have the stones to do that...Burrow was supposed to, so maybe he's working on it.  He should get a megaphone and scream right into Collins' earhole.

(09-19-2022, 11:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Fair enough.  When am I allowed to reasonably expect the Bengals to win a football game this year, because I thought we'd be 2-0 by now without realizing I was being a dumbass.

You can reasonably expect to win every game. And if you look at the 2 we just lost, the first game was an absolute fluke with the long snapper getting hurt and Shooter missing a PAT and a 30 yarder. And we almost won yesterday. But if you expected great line play from a new line right out the door, your expectations were not based in reality.