Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
WILD rumors going around about Chase... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: WILD rumors going around about Chase... (/Thread-WILD-rumors-going-around-about-Chase)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - Nepa - 10-27-2022

(10-27-2022, 04:37 PM)M.W. Wrote: Day to day with a hip injury according to the Bengals

ESPN is reporting out four to six weeks:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34891505/sources-bengals-jamarr-chase-hip-expected-4-6-weeks

"Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase is expected to miss four to six weeks because of a hip injury, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Thursday."

Happened right before trade deadline, so could make a move.

Someone should make this a new, clean thread, rather than 6 pages on Reddit.

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - NotBigzo - 10-27-2022

(10-27-2022, 06:36 PM)pally Wrote: This is interesting.  I wonder if they will choose not to place him on IR if they are hoping he heals quickly

What, does he have wolverine blood?

Mans really was hurting while he was doing the griddy in NOLA. I was concerned when I saw him grab his leg.

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - StripesEarned - 10-27-2022

(10-27-2022, 06:44 PM)tms Wrote: Yup, thanks. There are so many. It's hard to keep track of them all. Even the guys who came back (Tee and Logan last year) were battling things a lot more serious than initially disclosed (torn labrums in both cases). 

Don't forget the deep knee bruise that ended Rich Brahams career.

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - motoarch - 10-27-2022

(10-27-2022, 06:24 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: We aren’t paying Beckham it’s just a fact.

AJ tailed off but we aren’t flush with cash and he’s on a low contract and wouldn’t cost much draft wise.

Coming back in to be the knight in shining armour might be something he would relish.

All this could have been avoided if we had a competent WR4 ready to go but here we are.
It was a flippant statement in the moment.  You're taking it way too seriously.

And AJ is washed up.  There are better options sitting on our bench

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - Goalpost - 10-27-2022

Josh Gordon is out there. But he's probably washed up and a head case.

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - Clark W Griswold - 10-27-2022

This sucks but I am shocked that 6 pages in and not one “this is why we should have kept Pryor” post.

Would be a good idea to get another proven WR but no one can come close to replacing Chase.
Hope Tee is back to 100% because they need him badly now. Good time for him to make himself some future $ by showing what he can do as a #1 WR.

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - Johnny Cupcakes - 10-27-2022

(10-27-2022, 07:16 PM)motoarch Wrote: AJ is washed up.
Agreed.
(10-27-2022, 07:16 PM)motoarch Wrote: There are better options sitting on our bench.
Can’t agree here though. He’s still better than Thomas, Morgan, and Taylor.

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - leonardfan40 - 10-27-2022

(10-27-2022, 06:05 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Timing could have been worse all things considered

It really could have. We have a manable schedule the next 4 weeks or so. If we trade for a legit top 3 WR and Chase comes back in 4-6 weeks this may end up helping us long term. Get that extra weapon at wideout because our bottom 3 are trash, then when Chase gets back the offense is even more dangerous than when he got hurt.

Hopefully the timeline being mentioned is correct and it’s not a season ender. If so, this is not the end of the world

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - Frank Booth - 10-27-2022

(10-27-2022, 07:16 PM)motoarch Wrote: It was a flippant statement in the moment.  You're taking it way too seriously.

And AJ is washed up.  There are better options sitting on our bench

irrational homerism strikes again

QBs like Burrow are supposed to elevate his team.

Or do we call him "joey franchise" for shits and giggles?

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - Nately120 - 10-27-2022

(10-27-2022, 07:23 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: QBs like Burrow are supposed to elevate his team.

Or do we call him "joey franchise" for shits and giggles?

Burrow could elevate Mike Brown to get off his brown recliner and actually make an unforced midseason trade for the first time in his 30+ years as GM, too.

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - Johnny Cupcakes - 10-27-2022

(10-27-2022, 07:22 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It really could have. We have a manable schedule the next 4 weeks or so. If we trade for a legit top 3 WR and Chase comes back in 4-6 weeks this may end up helping us long term. Get that extra weapon at wideout because our bottom 3 are trash, then when Chase gets back the offense is even more dangerous than when he got hurt.

Hopefully the timeline being mentioned is correct and it’s not a season ender. If so, this is not the end of the world

The next 6 games, we play the 13th (Cleveland), 19th (Carolina), 29th (Pittsburgh), 30th (Kansas City), and 31st (Tennessee) ranked pass defenses in YPG. If he’s going to be out 6 games, the other receivers should be able to pick it up for him a bit during this stretch.

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - Murdock2420 - 10-27-2022

I don't think this is the end of the world. Sure I'll get told by one poster here it's because I don't like Chase, which I don't but that is for another thread. The team has weapons in Boyd and Higgins and Hurst to help over come a loss. Burrow is the guy, so this shouldn't be the end of days, the Chiefs traded away Hill and are just moving right along. This is a chance for Burrow to get more trust in other targets and even open up the door for a guy like Chris Evans to get utilized in a unique way.

We don't beat the Cheifs round 1 without chase.

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - Nately120 - 10-27-2022

(10-27-2022, 07:25 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The next 6 games, we play the 13th (Cleveland), 19th (Carolina), 29th (Pittsburgh), 30th (Kansas City), and 31st (Tennessee) ranked pass defenses in YPG. If he’s going to be out 6 games, the other receivers should be able to pick it up for him a bit during this stretch.

Add in that we really only have to be better than the Ravens this year with the Steelers doing their first rebuild in nearly 20 years and the Browns going 11 games without a starting QB and we're in a spot where this not ideal situation occurred at the ideal time. 

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - rfaulk34 - 10-27-2022

(10-27-2022, 04:55 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Or it was complete BS posted by some troll.

Some people just like to post stupid shit to see if it blows up and they get their 15 minutes of stupidity. 

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - WeezyBengal - 10-27-2022

I'm not gonna lie, I've seen career threatening and Bo Jackson being thrown out there by people and I'm legit freaking right now.

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - WeezyBengal - 10-27-2022

(10-27-2022, 07:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Some people just like to post stupid shit to see if it blows up and they get their 15 minutes of stupidity. 

I'm not sure how you can say that wasn't credible after everything that's gone down since then...

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - Destro - 10-27-2022

I'm not crying! You're crying!

RE: WILD rumors going around about Chase... - TheFan - 10-27-2022

(10-27-2022, 07:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm not gonna lie, I've seen career threatening and Bo Jackson being thrown out there by people and I'm legit freaking right now.

His injury literally hasn't even been announced (outside of hip) and no one has any idea what it is. Calm down man. The only people throwing it out there are those needing more attention from mom and dad. 

Not to mention Bo Jackson's injury was 30 years ago when an ACL would ruin someone's career too.