Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WILD rumors going around about Chase...
Some guy on Reddit posted that his friend is a doctor in Cincy and he claims Chase is out for the year.

Now the entire thing has blown up on social media. Since then the reddit post was deleted by the original user and the guy has ghosted. Now Chase didn't practice today and he was unavailable to the media.

Has anyone else seen this? I don't 100% believe it but I've seen crazier shit happen...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 04:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Since then the reddit post was deleted by the original user and the guy has ghosted.

Seems to tell a lot.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 04:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Some guy on Reddit posted that his friend is a doctor in Cincy and he claims Chase is out for the year.

Now the entire thing has blown up on social media. Since then the reddit post was deleted by the original user and the guy has ghosted. Now Chase didn't practice today and he was unavailable to the media.

Has anyone else seen this? I don't 100% believe it but I've seen crazier shit happen...

I would be surprised considering he returned after the injury in game and was running routes.  With us playing Monday today is more like a Wednesday Practice where it isn't uncommon for some guys who are dinged up to be held out. 
Reply/Quote
Day to day with a hip injury according to the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 04:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Some guy on Reddit posted that his friend is a doctor in Cincy and he claims Chase is out for the year.

Consider the source...

Not only would a Bengals doctor NEVER violate HIPAA but neither would their associates.

It is the middle of the season, and Chase has bumps, bruises, and an achy hip.  He isn't practicing today because Zac has constantly said they would "manage" injuries throughout the season so as to not aggravate them.

Besides, I would bet that if Chase was out for the season the media would have already reported it...not social media

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 04:21 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Seems to tell a lot.  

What worries me is that the guy deleted it because it blew up and he removed it fearing HIPPA stuff or that it would come back on him.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 04:39 PM)pally Wrote: Consider the source...

Not only would a Bengals doctor NEVER violate HIPAA but neither would their associates.

It is the middle of the season, and Chase has bumps, bruises, and an achy hip.  He isn't practicing today because Zac has constantly said they would "manage" injuries throughout the season so as to not aggravate them.

Besides, I would bet that if Chase was out for the season the media would have already reported it...not social media

I get what you are saying but I think the Bengals contract the majority of their work out to orthopedic surgeons around the city. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 04:39 PM)pally Wrote: Besides, I would bet that if Chase was out for the season the media would have already reported it...not social media

Exactly. The Bengals are not shy about reporting bad injury news. If Chase was done for the year, they'd announce he's done for the year. This ain't the Miami Dolphins trying to hide their mismanagement of a player's concussion protocol over here.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 04:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What worries me is that the guy deleted it because it blew up and he removed it fearing HIPPA stuff or that it would come back on him.

Or it was complete BS posted by some troll.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Zac's exact quote concerning Trey and Ja'Marr "they're just sore"

besides if Ja'Marr's injury was that bad we would be hearing about him getting a 2nd opinion from one of the rockstar NFL surgeons.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 04:39 PM)pally Wrote: Consider the source...

Not saying the Chase bit is real, I don't know.

...but pretty much everything now is reported on social media first and then discussed on normal media. That's the whole inside gamer. Ian Rapoport or whoever breaks the news first makes a tweet to be first, and then goes on the tour of all of the shows to talk about the tweet, so they can get credited/retweeted for the breaking news in all the other tweets.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 04:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not saying the Chase bit is real, I don't know.

...but pretty much everything now is reported on social media first and then discussed on normal media. That's the whole inside gamer. Ian Rapoport or whoever breaks the news first makes a tweet to be first, and then goes on the tour of all of the shows to talk about the tweet, so they can get credited/retweeted for the breaking news in all the other tweets.

Yes I agree media members post on Twitter first.  But it is still coming from fairly reputable media members, not Joe Public who heard it from a friend.

I wonder if the rumors started with this segment on Mo Egger's show where they talked about the injury situtation

https://espn1530.iheart.com/featured/mo-egger/content/2022-10-27-espn1530-on-demand-dr-trevor-wilkes-from-orthocincy-on-neck-stingers/

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 04:55 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Or it was complete BS posted by some troll.

Most likely. 
Reply/Quote
It's been all over social media. Him not being seen and not in the building didn't help. Admittedly that is concerning.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Looks like it may be confirmed that he's going to IR, hopefully not for the season.
Reply/Quote
Everyon's favorite, Malik Wright, is reporting that Chase is headed to IR.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like he's going on IR... lots of reputable sources on twitter. NOT GOOD
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 05:29 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Everyon's favorite, Malik Wright, is reporting that Chase is headed to IR.

Never heard of this guy.  Is he a know reliable source?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 05:34 PM)motoarch Wrote: Never heard of this guy.  Is he a know reliable source?

Seem to remember him being decent in the off-season.

Seen some others reporting that it'll be 4-6 weeks so atleast it's not the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 05:34 PM)motoarch Wrote: Never heard of this guy.  Is he a know reliable source?

I don't know about reliable, but he became a known commodity in the fanbase a couple of seasons ago. He was active in free agency reporting and made a handful of correct reports, which has led people to believe that he has sources. He has also missed some reports, so there is a line in the sand with some people believing he is reputable and others believing he is not. 
Reply/Quote