Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WILD rumors going around about Chase...
(10-27-2022, 06:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: In 2019 Zac Taylor said this...
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nfl/news/aj-green-ankle-injury-cincinnati-bengals-coach-zac-taylor/xsgu7xsx5bu0143jlq3240qg1
...and then AJ Green got surgery and didn't play at all the entire season.

In 2020 Mixon missed 3 straight weeks and a bye week while being "day-to-day" according to Zac Taylor... 
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/19/zac-taylor-injury-updates-joe-mixon-offensive-line-week-11
....before going on the IR for the final 7 weeks of the season.

Agreed. Injury updates from Taylor are about as useful as tits on a bull.

Yup, thanks. There are so many. It's hard to keep track of them all. Even the guys who came back (Tee and Logan last year) were battling things a lot more serious than initially disclosed (torn labrums in both cases). 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:36 PM)pally Wrote: This is interesting.  I wonder if they will choose not to place him on IR if they are hoping he heals quickly

Whether he goes on IR will depend on the exact nature of the injury which, no doubt, will not be disclosed.  If the docs believe he could possibly return in 4 weeks or sooner, I’m guessing they won’t use IR and see how he progresses. In any event, thinking he’s probably out until after the bye.
Reply/Quote
Sorry about this guys. This sucks.
Reply/Quote
I hope and pray it’s not season ending.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:32 PM)tms Wrote: Violated what? What laws? This is Reddit, 90% of it is perceived as b/s anyway... yet still felt the need to delete it. And that fast. The speed at which it was done is more of a smoking gun than the act itself imo. 

The people in that orthopedic office that knew that info I am sure are limited. It honestly would not be hard to figure out who the medical leak was and that is a crime to leak that medical information as a healthcare provider.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:44 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think you're being a bit facetious here. It doesn't matter how large the country is, they know where the leak came from - Cincinnati. The information was leaked by someone at the hospital where Chase was being examined. That really narrows the playing field. A HIPAA violation occurs if someone even mentions that Chase was at the hospital. That, as innocuous as it may seem, is 100% illegal and you can lose your job over it. 

Nobody's losing their job over a Reddit post, man. There are so many places where that could have come out first before attention turns to the doctor(s) who actually examined him. By the time that post was made, I bet Chase, his family, the coaches, the team, the owner, other doctors where he was going to seek an opinion and countless others- they all knew. Any one of them could have a "Reddit account". Be reasonable about this. 
Reply/Quote
What a punch in the gut! Albeit unlikely, I love the Elijah Moore idea…DJ Moore would also work if the price wasn’t too high.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:48 PM)tms Wrote: Nobody's losing their job over a Reddit post, man. There are so many places where that could have come out first before attention turns to the doctor(s) who actually examined him. By the time that post was made, I bet Chase, his family, the coaches, the team, the owner, other doctors where he was going to seek an opinion and countless others- they all knew. Any one of them could have a "Reddit account". Be reasonable about this. 

Ignorance is so plentiful on this planet...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: The people in that orthopedic office that knew that info I am sure are limited. It honestly would not be hard to figure out who the medical leak was and that is a crime to leak that medical information as a healthcare provider.

The first person who found out this information is not REDDIT. Orthopedic surgeon looks at Chase's charts and says, "Hang on, I'll be right back- let me put this on Reddit!" lmao. Come on now. I reckon there are dozens of people (hundreds?) who knew about this before a single fingertip hit a key. More importantly, if it doesn't have the medical practitioner's actual NAME on the Reddit post ("Dr. Craig Redditfan from Cincinnati Hope Hospital, Office #1503, leave a message with my secretary Marcy") it's a freakin' witch hunt. No doctor is getting FIRED over this. Nobody's wasting time on the investigation. Nobody cares.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:48 PM)tms Wrote: Nobody's losing their job over a Reddit post, man. 

A bit of a strawman, here. I never said they would; I said they could. You were asking why it was deleted, and the answer was given as...

Quote:Because the friend of the friend or whatever violated some laws and once it blew up the guy probably panicked about it being figured out.

Now, you can think that is totally ridiculous but it is also a reasonable explanation. There have been plenty of people who have lost their jobs over a post on the internet after they were tracked down. It is certainly possible, and given the explanation provided by the poster, it wouldn't be hard to figure out who the information would have came from. Again, the poster claimed it was given to him by a friend who worked at the hospital. That's a limited playing field. It is reasonable to think the person panicked once it got big, and deleted the post.

Quote:There are so many places where that could have come out first before attention turns to the doctor(s) who actually examined him

Well, no. Not in this case. Here is the link to the original Reddit post before it was deleted. That alone narrows it down - someone at the orthopedic hospital, which spurred the social media frenzy. 

Quote:Be reasonable about this. 

I am, lol. You asked a question, it was answered, and now you're arguing with folks who answered it about how ridiculous it is. I don't think we're the ones being unreasonable here. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:44 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think you're being a bit facetious here. It doesn't matter how large the country is, they know where the leak came from - Cincinnati. The information was leaked by someone at the hospital where Chase was being examined. That really narrows the playing field. A HIPAA violation occurs if someone even mentions that Chase was at the hospital. That, as innocuous as it may seem, is 100% illegal and you can lose your job over it. 

Well simply being at the hospital isn’t a HIPAA thing

I can call any hospital right now and ask for the room number to anyone and they’ll tell me

What we aren’t supposed to know is WHAT was wrong with him

The mental health wing is protected info and the drug addiction wing is protected

If you just there for a broken arm or something they will tell ppl you are there and if they ask
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I really like the direction the Bengals are going. They are getting hot right now. I hope they can still play that way losing Chase. Hopefully he will be back in 4 weeks.
Reply/Quote
John ross or will fuller
Reply/Quote
I would be surprised to see the Bengals make a trade unless they could possibly unload Carmen as part of a deal. Probably will roll with Thomas and elevate Irwin or Lassiter.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:54 PM)Housh Wrote: Well simply being at the hospital isn’t a HIPAA thing

This is incorrect. If you worked at a hospital and Chase came in to be examined, and you then went and told your friends Chase was at the hospital today, that is a HIPAA violation. All patient information is to be kept private. Funny enough, texting patient information is also a HIPAA violation, but in a separate way - you are not supposed to text about patients in any manner due to security concerns. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:36 PM)pally Wrote: This is interesting.  I wonder if they will choose not to place him on IR if they are hoping he heals quickly

I don't believe a word this chick says. She's the worst beat writer out there. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:58 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: John ross or will fuller

Yeah you already said that a few minutes ago.  How many more times are you going to repeat it?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

If I was the guy that posted it and it blew up the way it did I would be freaking the **** out haha. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
ESPN reports he probably injured it during the Saints game.
Reply/Quote
The good news is you guys should beat the teams you play in the hopefully 4 weeks he is out.
Reply/Quote