Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WILD rumors going around about Chase...
(10-27-2022, 06:00 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Okay I'll admit I was wrong on this one.  I mean you have to admit a story about some person on reddit posting then disappearing is more than suspect.  But hey I was wrong and I'll accept that.  

But mostly this sucks having Chase out.

Why was it deleted, is the question. This team clearly puts a lot of muscle on how it manages (enforces?) information online. To those saying the Bengals aren't the least bit shady around their injury reports.... I don't know where you've been. I don't know if they've ever been shadier. I have no idea who's nursing what anymore. 
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:16 PM)pally Wrote: The team has about $3.4 million in available cap space to deal with any potential trades or free agent signings

They can restructure Trey Hendrickson's deal to save up to 7 Million if they want. That seems like the easy move as he has shown he was worth the money so essentially "guaranteeing" it makes sense.
Reply/Quote
What's Chad doing? Lol
Reply/Quote
Ugh. Not good news. They need to be on the phone w NYJ, see what it’s gonna cost for one of their disgruntled recievers. Maybe hit up Denver and ask about Jeudy. Its a shame we don’t feature the TE more, TJ Hockenson would look REAL good right now in stripes!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:17 PM)tms Wrote: Why was it deleted, is the question. This team clearly puts a lot of muscle on how it manages (enforces?) information online. To those saying the Bengals aren't the least bit shady around their injury reports.... I don't know where you've been. I don't know if they've ever been shadier. I have no idea who's nursing what anymore. 

The original post said that "he had a friend who had a friend that works at an orthopedic hospital in Cincinnati. Today, Chase was in the hospital getting his hip looked at and the word was that he would be done for the season. Do with this information as you want." 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:17 PM)tms Wrote: Why was it deleted, is the question. This team clearly puts a lot of muscle on how it manages (enforces?) information online. To those saying the Bengals aren't the least bit shady around their injury reports.... I don't know where you've been. I don't know if they've ever been shadier. I have no idea who's nursing what anymore. 

Because the friend of the friend or whatever violated some laws and once it blew up the guy probably panicked about it being figured out.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:12 PM)motoarch Wrote: Because we don't know how serious the injury is yet and AJ sucks.  Did you see his last 2 years here?  Guy did not want to be here.

Anyways it's all speculation till we know more about this injury.

We aren’t paying Beckham it’s just a fact.

AJ tailed off but we aren’t flush with cash and he’s on a low contract and wouldn’t cost much draft wise.

Coming back in to be the knight in shining armour might be something he would relish.

All this could have been avoided if we had a competent WR4 ready to go but here we are.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: Because the friend of the friend or whatever violated some laws and once it blew up the guy probably panicked about it being figured out.

Violated what? What laws? This is Reddit, 90% of it is perceived as b/s anyway... yet still felt the need to delete it. And that fast. The speed at which it was done is more of a smoking gun than the act itself imo. 
Reply/Quote
I just hope it's not worse than 4-6 weeks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:32 PM)tms Wrote: Violated what? What laws? This is Reddit, 90% of it is perceived as b/s anyway... yet still felt the need to delete it. And that fast. The speed at which it was done is more of a smoking gun than the act itself imo. 

HIPAA laws. If the person can be tracked down, they could tie the person to their friend, which means that the friend could lose their job. 
Reply/Quote
This is interesting. I wonder if they will choose not to place him on IR if they are hoping he heals quickly

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

In 2019 Zac Taylor said this...
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nfl/news/aj-green-ankle-injury-cincinnati-bengals-coach-zac-taylor/xsgu7xsx5bu0143jlq3240qg1
...and then AJ Green got surgery and didn't play at all the entire season.

In 2020 Mixon missed 3 straight weeks and a bye week while being "day-to-day" according to Zac Taylor... 
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/19/zac-taylor-injury-updates-joe-mixon-offensive-line-week-11
....before going on the IR for the final 7 weeks of the season.

Agreed. Injury updates from Taylor are about as useful as tits on a bull.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: HIPAA laws. If the person can be tracked down, they could tie the person to their friend, which means that the friend could lose their job. 

Lol hospital/patient confidentiality, give me a break. This country is massive. No one's tracking down a REDDIT USER for vague information pertaining to a professional athlete's injury that is confirmed by the mainstream media 30 mins later. And it doesn't even go into specifics; just says he's out for the year. Violating HIPAA laws? More like violating Who-Dey-Keep-Everybody-In-The-Dark-For-As-Long-As-Possible Laws lol
Reply/Quote
John ross or will fuller
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:18 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Ugh. Not good news. They need to be on the phone w NYJ, see what it’s gonna cost for one of their disgruntled recievers. Maybe hit up Denver and ask about Jeudy. Its a shame we don’t feature the TE more, TJ Hockenson would look REAL good right now in stripes!

Go get Elijah Moore, he's unhappy and the Jets don't seem to want to use him.

Got a couple more years on contract and would soften the blow if Boyd leaves next year.
Reply/Quote
Anyone know what play or how it occurred?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:40 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: John ross

Marvin wouldn't trade for him, I'll say that.  Where is John Ross anyways? He could be in the XFL for all I know.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:38 PM)tms Wrote: Lol hospital/patient confidentiality, give me a break. This country is massive. No one's tracking down a REDDIT USER for vague information pertaining to a professional athlete's injury that is confirmed by the mainstream media 30 mins later. And it doesn't even go into specifics; just says he's out for the year. Violating HIPAA laws? More like violating Who-Dey-Keep-Everybody-In-The-Dark-For-As-Long-As-Possible Laws lol

I think you're being a bit facetious here. It doesn't matter how large the country is, they know where the leak came from - Cincinnati. The information was leaked by someone at the hospital where Chase was being examined. That really narrows the playing field. A HIPAA violation occurs if someone even mentions that Chase was at the hospital. That, as innocuous as it may seem, is 100% illegal and you can lose your job over it. 
Reply/Quote