Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WILD rumors going around about Chase...
Well... I never thought I'd be interested in seeing OBJ as a Bengal but here I am...
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 05:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Who said anything about career threatening? 

They've been referencing Tab Perry all day. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 05:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Social media wins again. Hopefully this isn't career threatening as they have been saying.

4-6 weeks is very gracious. It took Tab Perry 13 months and he still had to retire after it never healed.

(10-27-2022, 05:50 PM)Synric Wrote: To be fair there was a "reddit source" during Training Camp that Cam Taylor-Britt died during surgery. Its one of those things for every 1 that's right there are 10 that are wrong.

Yes. I saw that too. Was ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 05:50 PM)Synric Wrote: To be fair there was a "reddit source" during Training Camp that Cam Taylor-Britt died during surgery. Its one of those things for every 1 that's right there are 10 that are wrong.

For sure, but I would have read that one as obvious BS. Like, I would have been floored if that ended up being true. A reddit report about a player being injured and missing time, though? That's a bit more believable and makes me pause. 
Reply/Quote
Well that sucks.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Why are people saying OBJ?

He’s going to be ready around the same time Chase is (hopefully) back.

Wonder if AJ would be up for a return can’t see it costing much in draft capital.
Reply/Quote
Shefter just said out I definately. 4-6 weeks is the estimate. Still seeking medical assessments.
Reply/Quote
Will Fuller?
Reply/Quote
Dehner is reporting it as a fracture. This is actually better than a torn labrum or hip flexor which would be season ending. Now it is just a matter of healing

4 games on IR puts him out for Cleveland, Carolina, Bye, Pittsburgh, Tennessee. This is the softest part of our remaining schedule.

How long will Chase be out?
Nobody can know for sure. Despite a significant short-term setback, the prognosis is relatively positive in the long run. Hip injuries can have career-altering implications and end a season when requiring surgery. That is not necessary here. Chase just needs to keep weight off the hip and let the bone heal. The Bengals merely hope there’s enough season left for Chase to come back to when it does.

"A few noted receivers reportedly on the block are Denver’s Jerry Jeudy, Houston’s Brandin Cooks, New England’s Kendrick Bourne and the New York Jets’ Elijah Moore."

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Credible sources are saying hes done for the year. If this is true this sucks we may have lost our most talented Bengal ever. Right up there with Munoz.
Reply/Quote
NFL.com

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/bengals-wr-ja-marr-chase-hip-not-expected-to-play-vs-browns-likely-to-be-placed-
Reply/Quote
Okay I'll admit I was wrong on this one. I mean you have to admit a story about some person on reddit posting then disappearing is more than suspect. But hey I was wrong and I'll accept that.

But mostly this sucks having Chase out.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Timing could have been worse all things considered
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:05 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Timing could have been worse all things considered

Indeed.  Much worse.  Unless he's truly done for the year, they can make this work, and the bye included in the weeks being out is a huge boost.  

It will definitely test the creativity of the offensive scheme, though. We've seen previously how much of a difference having just one guy missing from this explosive offense can be. 
Reply/Quote
This ......sucks.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Is there an off the field issue with Elijah Moore? I thought he played well initially? Or Jeudy. We need some speed.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 05:55 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Why are people saying OBJ?

He’s going to be ready around the same time Chase is (hopefully) back.

Wonder if AJ would be up for a return can’t see it costing much in draft capital.

Because we don't know how serious the injury is yet and AJ sucks.  Did you see his last 2 years here?  Guy did not want to be here.

Anyways it's all speculation till we know more about this injury.
Reply/Quote
Shit

If our QB was anyone but Burrow I’d be upset.

Burrow will adjust and do fine. Teams will likely guard the underneath routes way more which will allow Tee one on ones down the field.

This injury may actually hurt defenses instead of help.

Think about it…

With Chase it gives them a very consistent thing to guard. They guard Chase and everyone else gets their off of Chase. Without Chase we should actually have decent 1st quarters because teams won’t have any idea what we want to do to start games.

I foresee possible bad 2nd and 3rd quarters but hey
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 05:59 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Credible sources are saying hes done for the year. If this is true this sucks  we may have lost our most talented Bengal ever. Right up there with Munoz.

What credible sources?  I've only seen 4-6weeks.
Reply/Quote
The team has about $3.4 million in available cap space to deal with any potential trades or free agent signings

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote