Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Cappa in a Scooter - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Cappa in a Scooter (/Thread-Cappa-in-a-Scooter)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Cappa in a Scooter - Frank Booth - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 05:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Assuming Cappa doesn't play in the playoff game, we're likely looking at Scharping at RG and Adeniji at RT.
Adeniji has allowed 7 total pressures in just the past two games he's been a starter(!!)
Scharping has only played 30 offensive snaps this season so far.

Also, Volson has been somewhat up and down the past few games.
4 total pressures allowed against CLE and BAL each (8 total), but only 3 total in the games between those.

Not a great situation to be in going into the playoffs, unfortunately.

For those who are curious, we're looking at...
LT - Same player this year as last year
LG - Rookie who has allowed more total pressures in the regular season than Spain did the year prior (38 for Volson, 23 for Spain)
C - Improvement compared to last year (although Hopkins was extremely good in the postseason last year as a pass blocker)
RG - Hard to say if it's better than last year's situation, but I think it's better given Scharping's 2021 (only 2 sacks, 19 total pressures across 400 pass block snaps)
RT - Adeniji was a starter in the playoffs last year, but at RG instead of RT. Allowed 6 sacks, 14 total pressures across 4 games last postseason. Understandable to be nervous with him.

it clearly is. Scharping has a long track record of being a competent starting guard

(01-09-2023, 06:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not to mention the left side looked like complete ass yesterday as well. 

yea, Volson was really bad

or is that not an objective fact

RE: Cappa in a Scooter - WeezyBengal - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 06:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea, Volson was really bad

or is that not an objective fact

That would be my opinion. 

RE: Cappa in a Scooter - thompson19osu - 01-09-2023

I tell ya what I'm finally getting a chance to watch the game from yesterday. I'm not even out of the first quarter and man is Williams sucking. Burrow making tremendous plays should have been sacked twice already thanks to Williams. We need a serious upgrade at LT next year.

RE: Cappa in a Scooter - WeezyBengal - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 06:33 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I tell ya what I'm finally getting a chance to watch the game from yesterday. I'm not even out of the first quarter and man is Williams sucking. Burrow making tremendous plays should have been sacked twice already thanks to Williams. We need a serious upgrade at LT next year.

They already picked up his option, it's not going to happen. 

RE: Cappa in a Scooter - TKUHL - 01-09-2023

First he’s using a knee Walker, not a scooter. Big difference. I honestly think he has a chance to be back if we advance. Sure would be nice.

RE: Cappa in a Scooter - ochocincos - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 06:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it clearly is. Scharping has a long track record of being a competent starting guard

He had been on a different team, which is why I think it is. But we haven't seen him really much at all with the Bengals yet, which is why I didn't definitively say it was an upgrade.

RE: Cappa in a Scooter - thompson19osu - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 06:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They already picked up his option, it's not going to happen. 

Oof. That sucks.

RE: Cappa in a Scooter - BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 05:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Assuming Cappa doesn't play in the playoff game, we're likely looking at Scharping at RG and Adeniji at RT.

Scharping has only played 30 offensive snaps this season so far.

Also, Volson has been somewhat up and down the past few games.
4 total pressures allowed against CLE and BAL each (8 total), but only 3 total in the games between those.

Not a great situation to be in going into the playoffs, unfortunately.

C - Improvement compared to last year (although Hopkins was extremely good in the postseason last year as a pass blocker)
RG - Hard to say if it's better than last year's situation, but I think it's better given Scharping's 2021 (only 2 sacks, 19 total pressures across 400 pass block snaps)

I was also thinking that Hopkins did well last.  An idea—-If Scharping isn’t getting the job done, we bump Ted Karras to RG (As he played for NE) and Hopkins to Center.

RE: Cappa in a Scooter - MTBengalsFan - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 07:45 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I was also thinking that Trey Hopkins did well last.  An idea—-If Scharping isn’t getting the job done, we bump Ted Karras to RG (As he played for NE) and Hopkins to Center.

First they have to sign Hopkins. If they're going to sign a lineman who hasn't played this year, give me Big Whit!

RE: Cappa in a Scooter - KillerGoose - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 08:12 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: First they have to sign Hopkins. If they're going to sign a lineman who hasn't played this year, give me Big Whit!

Big Whit can't be signed. 

RE: Cappa in a Scooter - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 02:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, at the point I made that comment, no one had linked any articles and I just made a guess. For crying out loud.  Mellow

Oh, nothing personal. I was just a bit tired of all the conspiracy/media posts. Yours was by far the most reasonable. I let my exasperation get the better of me. Apologies. 

(01-09-2023, 03:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: By the way that cleveland.com article is nothing but more "I heard this" stuff. Let's wait for the team itself to actually speak.

Also, Burrow on the whole had more than enough time by his own statement - he was just missing receivers (wide open ones too). If he is at his usual accuracy that game is a blowout with us hanging 40+ on them. Even the strip sack only happened courtesy of a blatant facemask right in front of the ref otherwise Burrow throws and likely completes for good yards.

The whole offense was off yesterday. So was Buffalo's. Hmmm.....

It literally quotes Karras. 

(01-09-2023, 05:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: im not so much defending him as you and nate are ignoring my posts and saying Volson is better. In 2022? Yea, I agree Volson is better than Spain in 2022

this is what you're not grasping, you said Volson is having a better season than Spain had last year. Im just saying that is wrong. I dont know why this is so hard for you to understand.

Volson 2022 51.6 pff grade
Spain 2021 72.3 pff grade

this is literally all I am saying, and I am correcting anyone who says Volson this year was better than Spain last year. Im not talking post injury playoffs. Im talking weeks 1-18

I will back Frank here. The first half of last year, Spain was excellent. He got knicked up & tailed off. But the whiff in the SB and then the tweet assured he would not be back. 

If there is an OL uograde out there, G, OlT, or C, I am all for drafting one. Even our best OL (Cappa) is on the upper range of "competent NFL starter." We don't have any studs on the OL. 

(01-09-2023, 07:41 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Oof. That sucks.

It does not mean we cannot draft a replacement. He just won't be cut. The cap hit of doing so IS the contract. But a pick will cost us nextcto nothing.

The rub is the OT class is pretty thin. I doybt there is a R1 quality OT when we pick, and I doubt a R2 guy will be much of an improvement over Jonah. But Collins was not great either. Volson couod be upgraded. I still think Karras is better as a G, so a C pick and miving Karras over is possible. Heck, Collins & Jonah could move inside. 

RE: Cappa in a Scooter - bfine32 - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 06:44 PM)TKUHL Wrote: First he’s using a knee Walker, not a scooter. Big difference. I honestly think he has a chance to be back if we advance. Sure would be nice.

First it's when we advance, not if we advance. Big difference.

RE: Cappa in a Scooter - casear2727 - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 07:45 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I was also thinking that Hopkins did well last.  An idea—-If Scharping isn’t getting the job done, we bump Ted Karras to RG (As he played for NE) and Hopkins to Center.

Why are you drinking so much, so early?

Teams move starters to Center, if Center goes down, never move Center to Guard.  Center is the Captain of the line and makes all the calls.  Not to mention absolutely no to Hopkins, there is a reason he is still available. 

I'm going to attribute this post to the PTSD you and I both have acquired from the cheating-ass shit move by the NFL this week.

RE: Cappa in a Scooter - BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 09:43 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Why are you drinking so much, so early?

Teams move starters to Center, if Center goes down, never move Center to Guard.  Center is the Captain of the line and makes all the calls.  Not to mention absolutely no to Hopkins, there is a reason he is still available. 

I'm going to attribute this post to the PTSD you and I both have acquired from the cheating-ass shit move by the NFL this week.

I do agree with that.  Really, I'm not a fan of EVER changing the Center unless it's absolutely necessary, b/c the QB/ C relationship is too important; however, I'm not a fan of a Guard who's going to give up 4-sacks a game.  I'm just hoping Scharping can handle it b/c I don't want Joey to have the PTSD he suffered last year.

Besides that, Trey Hill is our backup Center and not Trey Hopkins so never mind. 

(01-09-2023, 11:32 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I do agree with that.  Really, I'm not a fan of EVER changing the Center unless it's absolutely necessary, b/c the QB/ C relationship is too important; however, I'm not a fan of a Guard who's going to give up 4-sacks a game.  I'm just hoping Scharping can handle it b/c I don't want Joey to have the PTSD he suffered last year.

Besides that, Trey Hill is our backup Center and not Trey Hopkins so never mind. 

he's been able to handle it his all career

and his pass pro is the strength of his game

RE: Cappa in a Scooter - jeremydc - 01-10-2023

(01-08-2023, 10:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: it's a girls way of saying you need to go on a diet. 
The smart move is just order her something, then no matter what, you'll be full and if she complains, don't say cause you always eat some of my dam food, say 
i felt bad eating in front of you when you don't have anything to eat.  

Nope, she needs to learn her lesson. We too old for games.