Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah Williams Requests Trade (/Thread-Jonah-Williams-Requests-Trade)

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - George Cantstandya - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 12:02 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: If traded it would free up 12.6 million.  He didn't have any prorated bonus that continued into this year.  The new team takes on the cap hit.  

(03-17-2023, 01:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

Sounds familiar.  Big Grin

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Go Cards - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:07 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

Say we could use Jonah in a Trade up in the first round of say moving up around 10 spots or so in order to lock in on a player that may not slip to our 28th pick.

Would you do this ?              Which player would you target ?

For example, Trade up to make sure we get Running back Bijan Robinson or a certain player you would want.

Food for thought as well.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - jj22 - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 12:57 PM)Stewy Wrote: Indicating you feel Williams is done and would hurt more than help them.....kinda risky and speculative, especially since if Williams ends being healthy and playing for them, he'd have a huge grudge when we played them.  

So confident he's done that you're willing to risk that?

All jokes aside. Even healthy, I wouldn't stress the Steelers having him. People keep talking about 2021, but that's still if you consider it a elite year only 1 out the last 4 for whatever reasons. And didn't he give up a whopping 8 sacks in 2021? Williams was always a suspect prospect given no one knew where to play him and he still hasn't settled the debate. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Frank Booth - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:08 PM)Housh Wrote: And he just got 20 mill per
They could move him to guard and he wouldn’t give AF

he just got his big pay day

Jonah is still on the rookie contract

RE: Jonah wants to be traded! - StoneTheCrow - 03-17-2023

Does ATL need a tackle? Put a package together to go get Pitts. They don’t use him. Or is this just a hair-brained Madden trade idea?

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - jj22 - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:00 PM)Synric Wrote: You don't hear Jawaan Taylor complaining about switching from Right to Left lol.

Jawaan would have switched to DT for the amount he got paid given the thievery.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Synric - 03-17-2023

I wonder how many of these same OT that are saying they can't or won't switch sides told every team they met with pre-draft they can play LT and RT! wherever you need them! That changes quick in a contract year lol.

(03-17-2023, 01:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: All jokes aside. Even healthy, I wouldn't stress the Steelers having him. People keep talking about 2021, but that's still if you consider it a elite year only 1 out the last 4 for whatever reasons. And didn't he give up a whopping 8 sacks in 2021? Williams was always a suspect prospect given no one knew where to play him and he still hasn't settled the debate. 

well every year other than 2021 was hampered by injury. Which is why Im happy to have Brown. He isnt as injury prone

but that 1 year Jonah remained healthy all the way through, he was a good LT. The sacks are always gonna be there with Jonah. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Sled21 - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 12:04 PM)OSUfan Wrote: He isn't average. He gave up more sacks than anyone in the league last season (12) that is way below average.

He also had two dislocated kneecaps..... Yawn

RE: Jonah wants to be traded! - Dr.Z - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:10 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Does ATL need a tackle? Put a package together to go get Pitts. They don’t use him. Or is this just a hair-brained Madden trade idea?

That would be amazing but It’s the latter lol. No way in hell they would do that.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - BengalsLUFC - 03-17-2023

Feel like he’s been badly advised here.

An injury prone player coming off a terrible year had the opportunity to move to a position better suited to him and earn a contract for more money than he’d ever seen in his life and possibly win a ring.

We will probably get a late 2nd early 3rd from someone like the bears and puts drafting a true RT back on the board early in the draft.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out Jonah.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 12:57 PM)Stewy Wrote: Indicating you feel Williams is done and would hurt more than help them.....kinda risky and speculative, especially since if Williams ends being healthy and playing for them, he'd have a huge grudge when we played them.  

So confident he's done that you're willing to risk that?

Good point. Not for trading Jonah to the stealers...

Unless they give us their first round pick lol

Still think Hendrickson would beat Jonah like a drum anyways.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - TheFan - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He also had two dislocated kneecaps..... Yawn

He was playing terrible before either injury occurred. I think fully healthy he's still serviceable though so unless it's a decent draft pick I don't think I'd trade him. Although it would free up some money to sign someone else if he's unwilling to change positions and would sit the bench.

(03-17-2023, 01:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He also had two dislocated kneecaps..... Yawn

True, honestly the sacks aren't even the worst part, he is injury prone and he gets bullrushed into Burrow consistently on top of the sacks.

But when healthy and if he worked on getting his anchor solid he is a technically sound LT that is versatile and should have a lot of interest.

Mid 2nd rounder would be awesome.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - THE PISTONS - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:16 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Feel like he’s been badly advised here.

An injury prone player coming off a terrible year had the opportunity to move to a position better suited to him and earn a contract for more money than he’d ever seen in his life and possibly win a ring.

We will probably get a late 2nd early 3rd from someone like the bears and puts drafting a true RT back on the board early in the draft.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out Jonah.

It's hard to get a 2nd Round pick in a trade.

I don't think Jonah gets us that.

(03-17-2023, 01:18 PM)TheFan Wrote: He was playing terrible before either injury occurred. I think fully healthy he's still serviceable though so unless it's a decent draft pick I don't think I'd trade him.

the whole line was. I guess the lack of chemistry thing is now thrown out of the window? It was a new line that had no reps together

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Synric - 03-17-2023

Speaking of Jawaan Taylor and the Chiefs. Taylor can easily flip back to the Right Side and as everyone says he would probably prefer that.

.... but the Chiefs have to give up pick #31 to get Jonah lol.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Sled21 - 03-17-2023

Most NFL players have an ego, and it's got to sting to lose your spot. That said, I hold nothing against him for asking to be traded, it helps us. Now who has a need at LT that has a good safety, Tight End or Running Back?

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - THE PISTONS - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:18 PM)TheFan Wrote: He was playing terrible before either injury occurred. I think fully healthy he's still serviceable though so unless it's a decent draft pick I don't think I'd trade him. Although it would free up some money to sign someone else if he's unwilling to change positions and would sit the bench.

The freed up money is significant. So say you get a 3rd/4th Round pick and sign 2 $6 mill a year guys...

(03-17-2023, 01:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's hard to get a 2nd Round pick in a trade.

I don't think Jonah gets us that.

If he is still injured I would understand, but it isn't that far fetched. He would be the best LT out there to be had right now, former 
1st round pick that was the best in his class, when healthy is technically sound, he is young etc.