Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The coaching staff is terrible - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The coaching staff is terrible (/Thread-The-coaching-staff-is-terrible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - Essex Johnson - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 06:06 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He gets my respect but he still needs a QB.

What majority of HOF coaches go without a good QB ? too early to decide on Pickett, they switch coordinators and he gets hurt, plus I think Pickens is very overrated as a young WR, he takes plays off and really does not run great routes. Harris has regressed as a RB.. so their offense is not very good even if you have a good QB it seems

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - rfaulk34 - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 03:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Staff might be bad but Tomlin is a hof coach

Tomlin is a cheerleader and a coat-tail rider. The front office and Roethlisberger are the HoFers.

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - rfaulk34 - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 03:58 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: HOF coaches need a really good QB. Tomlin hasn’t got one. SF is the exception to that rule but…they’ve got #1 LT. #1 ish Edge Rusher, #1 most productive RB, a top LB, a top WR, and #2 or #3 TE.

The thing about SF is that Purdy is good enough to utilize the vast amount of weapons he has around him. That's what we need Browning to do.

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - bengalfan74 - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 06:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The thing about SF is that Purdy is good enough to utilize the vast amount of weapons he has around him. That's what we need Browning to do.

Exactly

We don't need Browning to be Superman, just take what's given and let the playmakers eat.

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - Soonerpeace - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 06:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The thing about SF is that Purdy is good enough to utilize the vast amount of weapons he has around him. That's what we need Browning to do.

Certainly but Purdy has a better support group. I mean Trent Williams and McCaffery,Kittle , and Samuel are awfully good. Their OL much better. I mean we are #27. But I’m optimistic

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - Essex Johnson - 12-10-2023

(12-09-2023, 06:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tomlin is a cheerleader and a coat-tail rider. The front office and Roethlisberger are the HoFers.

Nope, he inherited a good team and continued winning and improved on it during his 16 year as HC with 10 playoffs 3 afc championships , he holds 11th highest winning percentage  all time, you are in a very small minority that thinks he is not on his way to HOF .

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - rfaulk34 - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 02:33 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nope, he inherited a good team and continued winning and improved on it during his 16 year as HC with 10 playoffs 3 afc championships , he holds 11th highest winning percentage  all time, you are in a very small minority that thinks he is not on his way to HOF .

I wouldn't say he's not on his way to the HoF, though i would say i'd question his merits. 

He inherited a good organization that knows how to draft and a HoF QB in his prime. Since they lost the SB in 2010 they've won a total of 3 playoff games in the last 12+ seasons. Two of those came in 2016. In the last 5 years, they've missed the playoffs 3 times and the two they made they went one and done. His overall playoff record is 8-9. 3-7 since losing the SB with a team that was still mostly Cowher's.

HoF alright. Hall of Frauds.

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - TheLeonardLeap - 12-10-2023

(12-09-2023, 03:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Staff might be bad but Tomlin is a hof coach

Mike Tomlin is Marvin Lewis if Marvin Lewis initially had inherited a SB roster and HoF DC.

Tomlin last won a playoff game 7 years ago and has only 3 playoff wins in the last 13 years with playoff losses to Tim Tebow, Blake Bortles, and Baker Mayfield.

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - Sled21 - 12-10-2023

One might even say he was "carried" by Rapistberger, just a Taylor is carried by Burrow, right? Hilarious

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - Soonerpeace - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 08:54 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mike Tomlin is Marvin Lewis if Marvin Lewis initially had inherited a SB roster and HoF DC.

Tomlin last won a playoff game 7 years ago and has only 3 playoff wins in the last 13 years with playoff losses to Tim Tebow, Blake Bortles, and Baker Mayfield.

Full Stop:
Marvin Lewis:
131-122 overall .518
Who had 9 seasons of .500 or less wins out of 16? No playoff wins? Versus Mike Tomlin who in 16+ seasons is 170-99-2 .633 who has played in 16 playoff games vs. Lewis 7? At 0-7? And a Super Bowl win?

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - TheLeonardLeap - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 12:59 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Full Stop:
Marvin Lewis:
131-122 overall .518
Who had 9 seasons of .500 or less wins out of 16? No playoff wins? Versus Mike Tomlin who in 16+ seasons is 170-99-2 .633 who has played in 16 playoff games vs. Lewis 7? At 0-7? And a Super Bowl win?

Hall of Fame QB
Hall of Fame DC
Hall of Fame S
DPOY OLB (HoF Semifinalist)
All-Pro LB
Pro Bowl WR (HoF Semifinalist)
Pro Bowl RB
Pro Bowl TE
Pro Bowl DE
Pro Bowl DE
Pro Bowl S
Pro Bowl NT

That had just won a SB 2 years prior.... that's what Mike Tomlin inherited.

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - Soonerpeace - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 02:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hall of Fame QB
Hall of Fame DC
Hall of Fame S
DPOY OLB (HoF Semifinalist)
All-Pro LB
Pro Bowl WR (HoF Semifinalist)
Pro Bowl RB
Pro Bowl TE
Pro Bowl DE
Pro Bowl DE
Pro Bowl S
Pro Bowl NT

That had just won a SB 2 years prior.... that's what Mike Tomlin inherited.

Full stop. Not debating his first few years I’m debating his career. It’s not remotely close. Not in the same hemisphere

Our terrible coaching staff was terrible today.... Ninja

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - TheCincinnatiKid - 12-10-2023

Gotta give them some props here. Losing Burrow was clearly a season-wrecking injury. And yet, Jake Browning is out there, tearing the Colts and Jags apart. The adaptation of the offence to fit the QB we're fielding, has been great and cannot have been easy to do either. Far cry from the Pittsburgh game where it almost felt like we were playcalling as if Burrow was still out there.

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - sandwedge - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 06:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Our terrible coaching staff was terrible today.... Ninja

You would think people would stop the nonsense  now, but I can bet the house there will be the usual few that will be bitchin how Zac is riding Brownings coattails now...They are pathetic

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - Housh - 12-10-2023

As i said before

If Zac makes playoffs with Burrow hurt we aren’t allowed to criticize him all next season lol

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - TecmoBengals - 12-10-2023

Props to Zac, the offense is looking like a complete team.

(12-10-2023, 06:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You would think people would stop the nonsense  now, but I can bet the house there will be the usual few that will be bitchin how Zac is riding Brownings coattails now...They are pathetic

Oh, you should have seen the Nancys with their panties in a wad in the GD thread during Indy's 2 minutes of good luck. Coaches suck, Hendrickson sucks,  same old Bungles....yada yada yada

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - Earendil - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 06:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh, you should have seen the Nancys with their panties in a wad in the GD thread during Indy's 2 minutes of good luck. Coaches suck, Hendrickson sucks,  same old Bungles....yada yada yada

That's why no one should pay attention to opinions in the game day threads.

RE: The coaching staff is terrible - Brownshoe - 12-10-2023

Zac has definitely been impressive the last 2 games. He's doing much better than I thought he would. He has this offense going better than it was with Burrow. The only frustrating thing is that we should have been looking way better with Burrow. Maybe Burrow was the problem with the scheme. Him knowing he's one of the best QBs and trying to force everything through him. Hopefully it wakes up whoever tries to scheme the offense like that and plays to not just Burrows strength but the whole teams strength.