Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The coaching staff is terrible
It's amazing how awful Zac, Brian and Lou look when they don't have elite talent. Bates and Bell carried Lou and Burrow carried Zac and Brian. Unfortunately the Bengals are probably stuck with these bozos for years to come...
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Zac and Lou are bulletproof.

Boring Brian and Fat Frank I think will be gonners at end of the season Taylor will need to find a way to cover his arse with having a “championship roster” and losing Burrow will only go so far.

Today was unacceptable and it’s only going to get worse changes have to be made.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:05 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Zac and Lou are bulletproof.

Boring Brian and Fat Frank I think will be gonners at end of the season Taylor will need to find a way to cover his arse with having a “championship roster” and losing Burrow will only go so far.

Today was unacceptable and it’s only going to get worse changes have to be made.

its going  to get way worse if they keep trotting out the pop warner QB backup they have 
Reply/Quote
Burrow getting hurt is cover for everyone, even if we were a legitimately run NFL organization.

Pollack is the only one remotely on the hot seat as he is the oline coach and run game coordinator - two major weaknesses.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:11 PM)kalibengal Wrote: its going  to get way worse if they keep trotting out the pop warner QB backup they have 

Browning played fine, not great but definitely not bad. This loss was directly a result of coaching and the D.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:36 PM)WestieInDelhi Wrote: Browning played fine, not great but definitely not bad. This loss was directly a result of coaching and the D.

I
His QB rating was Burrow avg this year so yes not horrible but bad on 3rd down
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm wondering if the roster management isn't more to blame. They keep putting this ridiculous emphasis on corners. Then you see teams like the Chiefs put absolutely zero capital into the position and do just fine. They can't seem to draft DL or OL to save their lives. Teams like the 9ers and Ravens find backups like Purdy and Huntley while this team fails to ever exceed the Josh Johnson threshold of play. They put this outrageous emphasis on skill positions and can't seem to draft decent ancillary RBs or TEs. Not that the coaches should necessarily get a pass, but the macro philosophy seems off. Fielding the best CBs of all time won't mask deficiencies on the OL and DL. 
Reply/Quote
Hindsight is 20-20 but boy do we miss Bates and Bell and the db who specialized guarding tight ends.

Our defense was really good last year versus complete trash this year.

Of course the chronically pathetic offensive line burrow was given as a rookie remains pathetically bad.

They have fallen a long way from Super Bowl contender in less than a year. The number of problems is truly daunting.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:43 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I'm wondering if the roster management isn't more to blame. They keep putting this ridiculous emphasis on corners. Then you see teams like the Chiefs put absolutely zero capital into the position and do just fine. They can't seem to draft DL or OL to save their lives. Teams like the 9ers and Ravens find backups like Purdy and Huntley while this team fails to ever exceed the Josh Johnson threshold of play. They put this outrageous emphasis on skill positions and can't seem to draft decent ancillary RBs or TEs. Not that the coaches should necessarily get a pass, but the macro philosophy seems off. Fielding the best CBs of all time won't mask deficiencies on the OL and DL. 

I agree with what you're saying overall and think the Bengals have had some poor roster management lately. But the Chiefs used a 1st round pick on Trent McDuffie, Cooks 2nd round pick (Safety not CB), and signed Justin Reid who's a pretty good player. DL and OL are really what makes or breaks a team and we've been awful at drafting either even when using our premium picks. 
Reply/Quote
We're 90s level bad without Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 08:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're 90s level bad without Burrow.

[Image: 636341167834457372-cindc5bk-5iazsv8pl78t...iginal.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think the line coach is terrible

We have an amazing WR coach
Decent TE coach
Decent RB coaches
GREAT defensive guys across the board. Even though the d line doesn’t that a ton of sacks i do feel as if the coaches get every bit of production they can get out of a d line that only has one really good rusher

ST coach is and always has been great

Think the o line coach is horrible and bringing down the whole offense
-Housh
Reply/Quote

[Image: 81WhhJwxp0L.png]
Reply/Quote
I gotta say...it's pretty apparent how bad this offensive scheme, play calling, and overall game planning is without Burrow.

I've given ZT and Callahan the benefit of the doubt at times and I know you're limited with a backup, but good God that was atrocious.

There is just so much on Burrows shoulders - he is the offense and these coaches don't do much to help him out. They rely on him to play hero ball which is catching up to him physically. You can't continue to roll him out there, have him continue to take hits trying to extend plays because you're shitty scheme can't get people open.

Really starting to get irked with this staff.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Tank for Brock Bowers/Keon Coleman should be our motto from now on. As long as we keep losing people will start these threads, but I don't care tbh. Securing a Top 10 pick should be our priority now. The 2024 draft will have a lot of QBs going in the first round (Maye, Caleb, Jayden Daniels, J.J McCarthy, maybe Quinn Ewers and Michael Phoenix), so we will be in a great spot to trade down and get more picks. Our season was over the moment Burrow threw that TD to Mixon last week and got injuried.

That being said, I'm not willing to give the staff a pass. At the very least Polack should be fired, there's too much talent here for this ineptitude.
Reply/Quote

Wish at least we could find a Jeff Blake type to throw in there. Give us some thrills and a little bit of shake n blake at least. 

A funny aside is Darnay Scott and Carl Pickens are my fave WR’s. Correlation there? Probably. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 08:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I gotta say...it's pretty apparent how bad this offensive scheme, play calling, and overall game planning is without Burrow.

I've given ZT and Callahan the benefit of the doubt at times and I know you're limited with a backup, but good God that was atrocious.

There is just so much on Burrows shoulders - he is the offense and these coaches don't do much to help him out. They rely on him to play hero ball which is catching up to him physically. You can't continue to roll him out there, have him continue to take hits trying to extend plays because you're shitty scheme can't get people open.

Really starting to get irked with this staff.

Goodberry and others post about how we're not reliant much on scheme. Our scheme is to let Burrow and Chase be amazing.
Reply/Quote
Going to the SB was a fun ride, but it saddled us with Zac...and once these rookie deals are up and the cap ramifications hit...he isn't the guy to do more with less.

And his playcalling...exposes Burrow to hits.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 08:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Goodberry and others post about how we're not reliant much on scheme. Our scheme is to let Burrow and Chase be amazing.

What scheme was Taylor known for in his history as a OC? Yes it was meant to be rhetorical.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 08:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: [Image: 636341167834457372-cindc5bk-5iazsv8pl78t...iginal.jpg]
Lol, I had that Starter jacket.
Reply/Quote