Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The coaching staff is terrible
(11-27-2023, 12:14 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Lol, do they have an HC that owns the offense?  Let's not act like Callahan is a traditional OC.  It is silly to even suggest that he is.

This offense is 80-90% Zac. He calls the plays and determines the scheme. Zac sucked as an OC both in college and the pro’s. Burrow has masked Zac’s inadequacies when he’s not hurt. The best moves the team could make this offseason would be to hire a new OC who gets to call plays and hire an OL coach to scheme to the OC’s scheme. It won’t happen but we can hope.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Any coaching staff that has taken a team to 2-straight conference title games is not terrible.

Joe Burrow is good, very good, but let's keep it rational. Is he THAT much better than Justin Herbert, Tua, or Sunshine? None of which have sniffed a title game.

To say our staff is terrible and to say our staff is great, both hold the same merit.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 12:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Any coaching staff that has taken a team to 2-straight conference title games is not terrible.

Joe Burrow is good, very good, but let's keep it rational. Is he THAT much better than Justin Herbert, Tua, or Sunshine? None of which have sniffed a title game.

To say our staff is terrible and to say our staff is great, both hold the same merit.

Burrow did that and the elite players in defense. The coaching staff blows
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, because Burrow and Chase never had Championship success until they came to the Taylor led Cincinnati Bengals. Real projects that developed in the system.

Ninja
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 12:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Any coaching staff that has taken a team to 2-straight conference title games is not terrible.

Burrow’s much better than Tua and Trevor, yes. He’s better than Herbert, too, but Brandon Staley is actually one of the few coaches you can point to who is clearly worse than Zac.

I think McDaniel wins a Super Bowl with Burrow, and Pederson already won one with Nick Foles.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 12:27 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Callahan will get fired this offseason to take the heat off Taylor’s arse because you can only blame Burrow being down for so much if we look as inept on offence as today for the rest of the season the media will be calling for Zac’s head and he will use this as his get out of jail free card just watch.

Personally I don’t want Taylor fired he seems like a good leader just shit play caller somebody needs to sit him down and take the playbook away from him wether that’s the old man or Duke who really should be packing his desk in January but not a chance that happens either.

LOL, this is hilarious.  We dont fire coaches that win zero playoff games, EVER.  Much less ones with the success Taylor has had.

Taylor has absolutely no heat from the organization or the media.   ZERO HEAT.   He does not need Callahan fired.

Burrow is hurt, he is an easy excuse for everyone.

You are out of your mind with this thinking.  Even though you may be correct in much of the context, understanding how the Bengals works is what is.

Reply/Quote
the squeelers outdid the bengals again... i'm not surprised.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:02 PM)GodFather Wrote: So Zac's record as a head coach WITHOUT Burrow today was 4-27-1. After today? 4-28-1.

Say what you will about Zac but you gotta give him credit about one thing.....he's consistent! Ninja

For the record it’s 4-20 without Burrow, 4-22 if you include the two games where Burrow was injured.
Reply/Quote
Losing is good for this team long term.

Failure can be the biggest catalyst to positive changes and breakthroughs.

The more we lose this season, the more inward reflection and change that will result from the coaches and players.
—and better the better the draft position.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 12:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's weird. I said Zac sucked when we hired him and got bashed. Now, I think most agree.

I'm usually ahead of the curve.

I said before and after the Superbowl year that he sucked. Great locker room guy, players like him, it seems. But for the 60 minutes the game is being played, he's not very good. His playcalling... atrocious.  But, you know what, we're stuck with him.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 08:35 PM)wanga Wrote: Wish at least we could find a Jeff Blake type to throw in there. Give us some thrills and a little bit of shake n blake at least. 

A funny aside is Darnay Scott and Carl Pickens are my fave WR’s. Correlation there? Probably. 

I just had to look him up and see if he was still in the league and he is with Arizona. Jeff Driskel I thought was a mistake to let go when we did. I believe we did it because we liked Finley. But the guys had some almost 300 yd games with Detroit and he had some wheels on him. Definitely could've been fun as a backup and added some excitement with potential big plays with his legs.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 12:03 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I have no idea why anyone thinks they would fire Callahan? 

He is the passing game coordinator with a Top 3 QB and solid passing offense the past couple of seasons.  He has had HC interviews.

Pollack is the run game coordinator and owner of a bad oline - he should be dismissed.

Zac is the offensive scheme designer and the play caller.

They all have Burrow's injury as an excuse.

Because well run organizations would and people keep hoping the Bengals are or will be a well run organization. Unfortunately this is not the case.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I like Zac the head coach and I despise Zac the play caller. Our offense is just so crappy.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 12:27 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Callahan will get fired this offseason to take the heat off Taylor’s arse because you can only blame Burrow being down for so much if we look as inept on offence as today for the rest of the season the media will be calling for Zac’s head and he will use this as his get out of jail free card just watch.

Personally I don’t want Taylor fired he seems like a good leader just shit play caller somebody needs to sit him down and take the playbook away from him wether that’s the old man or Duke who really should be packing his desk in January but not a chance that happens either.

Totally agree.  Hate meddling owners but this conversation needs to happen asap if this organization wants to run itself like other top-notch NFL organizations.

The conversation with Zac needs to be: "You're the head coach.  If you want to be an OC and call plays you can do that somewhere else.  Your decision"
Reply/Quote
Taylor and his offensive coaches need to adapt and make changes. If that doesn't eventually happen then I'll be stunned if they continue to win even with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
When we went to the Superbowl a few years back I thought we was going to win at least two Superbowl's with Burrow if he had a decently long career. Now I do not see us win one with Zac calling plays.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:15 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Taylor and his offensive coaches need to adapt and make changes. If that doesn't eventually happen then I'll be stunned if they continue to win even with Burrow.

I think Burrow could win with the local high school coach at the helm. That's just how good he is. I mean thats basically what Taylor is.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This will get lambasted, but Marvin was a better Xs and Os coach. He did more with less.

Zac is Dave Shula without Burrow. With him, he looks like Bill Walsh.

Marvin hired guys that knew what the hell they were doing. Jay Gruden and Hugh Jackson were some damn good offensive coordinators. Zimmer was a great defensive coordinator. 

Some of those Marvin teams were absoletly stacked, though. No mistake about it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Taylor and Callahan just needs to do a better job of getting the ball into the hands of the YAC guys on the roster. Damn I forgot Chase is the only YAC guy they have...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote