Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The coaching staff is terrible
(12-10-2023, 06:38 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Zac has definitely been impressive the last 2 games. He's doing much better than I thought he would. He has this offense going better than it was with Burrow. The only frustrating thing is that we should have been looking way better with Burrow. Maybe Burrow was the problem with the scheme. Him knowing he's one of the best QBs and trying to force everything through him. Hopefully it wakes up whoever tries to scheme the offense like that and plays to not just Burrows strength but the whole teams strength.

Or maybe, Joe wasn't 100%
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 06:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Or maybe, Joe wasn't 100%

Maybe, but if he was that hurt then we need to put another QB in. No sense in losing games just because you want Burrow out there. He 100% shouldn't have been in there the first few games, and they had plenty of time to prep Browning at the start of the year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 07:05 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Maybe, but if he was that hurt then we need to put another QB in. No sense in losing games just because you want Burrow out there. He 100% shouldn't have been in there the first few games, and they had plenty of time to prep Browning at the start of the year.

Oh, now that Browning is excelling, they should have played him. Before last week, Browning sucked and couldn't win us a game, remember? A hobbled Burrow is still better than a 100% Browning and gave them the best chance to win. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 07:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh, now that Browning is excelling, they should have played him. Before last week, Browning sucked and couldn't win us a game, remember? A hobbled Burrow is still better than a 100% Browning and gave them the best chance to win. 

No, I've always said that we shouldn't have started Burrow. I just said Zac wasn't a good coach, which is looking wrong the last two weeks. It does show that he made a massive mistake not starting Browning at the start of the year and I've said that since the beginning of the year when we knew Joe was hurt
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 07:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh, now that Browning is excelling, they should have played him. Before last week, Browning sucked and couldn't win us a game, remember? A hobbled Burrow is still better than a 100% Browning and gave them the best chance to win. 

To be fair, from what we saw in training camp and Pre season, Browning looked awful. I’ve said similar things that playing Burrow injured was better chance of winning than Browning. I was wrong. And maybe we’re all (not me, I’ve been a fan of Taylor) wrong about Taylor. Maybe he is a good coach who can call good games. If we make the playoffs and win a game or 2, he’ll be the best Head coach the Bengals have ever had.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 07:23 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: To be fair, from what we saw in training camp and Pre season, Browning looked awful. I’ve said similar things that playing Burrow injured was better chance of winning than Browning. I was wrong. And maybe we’re all (not me, I’ve been a fan of Taylor) wrong about Taylor. Maybe he is a good coach who can call good games. If we make the playoffs and win a game or 2, he’ll be the best Head coach the Bengals have ever had.

Pre-season for the Bengals is basically pointless they literally just try not to get hurt.. I won't comment on training camp as I don't follow closely. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 07:19 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No, I've always said that we shouldn't have started Burrow. I just said Zac wasn't a good coach, which is looking wrong the last two weeks. It does show that he made a massive mistake not starting Browning at the start of the year and I've said that since the beginning of the year when we knew Joe was hurt

Browning wasn't ready to start the first couple of games. Browning wasn't that good in preseason. Burrow was our best chance to win. You nor anyone else was in TC to back up what you are saying. Just per speculation.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 06:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh, you should have seen the Nancys with their panties in a wad in the GD thread during Indy's 2 minutes of good luck. Coaches suck, Hendrickson sucks,  same old Bungles....yada yada yada

I avoided the GD thread today, the ignorance of some posters will get me banned someday.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 07:19 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No, I've always said that we shouldn't have started Burrow. I just said Zac wasn't a good coach, which is looking wrong the last two weeks. It does show that he made a massive mistake not starting Browning at the start of the year and I've said that since the beginning of the year when we knew Joe was hurt

I disagree if Burrow says he good to go , 
U have to start Burrow over unproven Browning.. 
Reply/Quote

Just typical goalpost moving instead of just admitting you're wrong. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 06:10 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Gotta give them some props here. Losing Burrow was clearly a season-wrecking injury. And yet, Jake Browning is out there, tearing the Colts and Jags apart. The adaptation of the offence to fit the QB we're fielding, has been great and cannot have been easy to do either. Far cry from the Pittsburgh game where it almost felt like we were playcalling as if Burrow was still out there.

They were. They said so themselves. Browning didn't want the offense "dumbed down". He wanted the reins. He wasn't up to it. Not many are. He's doing really well in an offense that's designed for him. He's good within this offense. The staff should get an atta boy for adjusting their entire scheme in the middle of the season, but we know that won't happen. There's gotta be something the naysayers can pick at again this week. 

Here's an idea....the team is good. The coaches ain't bad. It's that simple.

Reply/Quote
The story is in the stats. The refusal to run the ball and one-dimensional offense basically left very little surprise as to what we were doing each snap. I credit them for finally waking up to that fact, but it was certainly frustrating during the duration of it, even at times in games that we won.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 10:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: They were. They said so themselves. Browning didn't want the offense "dumbed down". He wanted the reins. He wasn't up to it. Not many are. He's doing really well in an offense that's designed for him. He's good within this offense. The staff should get an atta boy for adjusting their entire scheme in the middle of the season, but we know that won't happen. There's gotta be something the naysayers can pick at again this week. 

Here's an idea....the team is good. The coaches ain't bad. It's that simple.

Absolutely agree. I say this so often lol, but I've had questions about the coaching on occasion. But I've certainly never thought 'Zac needs to go' or anything that far... and like you've said, to lose your franchise QB midseason and have to pivot to a 'nobody'... and within 2 weeks that nobody is putting up player of the week numbers.... that's some seriously good coaching. They deserve enormous credit for this.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 10:10 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Absolutely agree. I say this so often lol, but I've had questions about the coaching on occasion. But I've certainly never thought 'Zac needs to go' or anything that far... and like you've said, to lose your franchise QB midseason and have to pivot to a 'nobody'... and within 2 weeks that nobody is putting up player of the week numbers.... that's some seriously good coaching. They deserve enormous credit for this.

Amen, and Jake Browning deserves a ton of credit for never giving up on his dream. Not only that, he put in a ton of work in the offseasons to improve his craft, and help bring that dream to reality. We've got a great underdog story on our hands. 

Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote