Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The coaching staff is terrible
(11-26-2023, 07:54 PM)TheFan Wrote: I agree with what you're saying overall and think the Bengals have had some poor roster management lately. But the Chiefs used a 1st round pick on Trent McDuffie, Cooks 2nd round pick (Safety not CB), and signed Justin Reid who's a pretty good player. DL and OL are really what makes or breaks a team and we've been awful at drafting either even when using our premium picks. 

Going forward Bengals have to be on the level of Chiefs or the Patriots quite a few years back in Brady's prime when they were great at finding quality 'blue collar' players to fill out the roster. They always seem to have 3 good running backs, olinemen, linebackers, etc that were very solid and didn't break the bank.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:01 PM)Trademark Wrote: It's amazing how awful Zac, Brian and Lou look when then don't have elite talent. Bates and Bell carried Lou and Burrow carried Zac and Brian. Unfortunately the Bengals are probably stuck with these bozos for years to come...

So Zac's record as a head coach WITHOUT Burrow today was 4-27-1. After today? 4-28-1.

Say what you will about Zac but you gotta give him credit about one thing.....he's consistent! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 08:56 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Going forward Bengals have to be on the level of Chiefs or the Patriots quite a few years back in Brady's prime when they were great at finding quality 'blue collar' players to fill out the roster. They always seem to have 3 good running backs, olinemen, linebackers, etc that were very solid and didn't break the bank.

They won't be able to do that.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 08:54 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Lol, I had that Starter jacket.

I miss those jackets. Proline made some nice ones too.
Reply/Quote
Denver showing what good coaching can do. We’ll be picking before Denver! A team that gave up 70 at one point this year…

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Denver showing what good coaching can do.

Well we won't have to worry about having good coaching for quite some time.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:02 PM)GodFather Wrote: So Zac's record as a head coach WITHOUT Burrow today was 4-27-1. After today? 4-28-1.

Say what you will about Zac but you gotta give him credit about one thing.....he's consistent! Ninja

Wow
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well we won't have to worry about having good coaching for quite some time.

100%  Marvin Lewis was here forever and he couldnt even muster up one playoff win. Taylor going to the Super Bowl gives him a lifetime supply of  Wonka bars and more. Talk about the golden ticket!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:14 PM)GodFather Wrote: 100%  Marvin Lewis was here forever and he couldnt even muster up one playoff win. Taylor going to the Super Bowl gives him a lifetime supply of  Wonka bars and more. Talk about the golden ticket!

This will get lambasted, but Marvin was a better Xs and Os coach. He did more with less.

Zac is Dave Shula without Burrow. With him, he looks like Bill Walsh.
Reply/Quote
Marvin made the playoffs 5 years in a row with Dalton. Zac would be lucky to win 6 games with him as qb.
Reply/Quote
Little surprised they didn’t let Browning air it out a little.Super Conservative Offense.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This will get lambasted, but Marvin was a better Xs and Os coach. He did more with less.

Zac is Dave Shula without Burrow. With him, he looks like Bill Walsh.

You won’t get lambasted by me because you’re right.
Reply/Quote
What we learned is this isn’t a plug and play program Zac’s established, and that’s not a good look with the upcoming turnover of the roster due to contracts. There is no “winning culture” as they’d say. This “program” won’t allow for a backup to step in and go 5-3. Won’t allow for a star wideout to carry a backup qb say like a Justin Jefferson or other star wideouts can. Can’t lean on he run when your star QB is starting the season on a bum calf. Can’t lean on the run when you have over a week to adjust the offense for a backup qb making his first start. The Offense coaching staff needs a major shakeup.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 10:47 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Little surprised they didn’t let Browning air it out a little.Super Conservative Offense.

You can't air it out when guys are covered and not getting open. 

He heald on to the ball forever at times waiting for guys to get open. It never happened. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
It's weird. I said Zac sucked when we hired him and got bashed. Now, I think most agree.

I'm usually ahead of the curve.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:05 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Zac and Lou are bulletproof.

Boring Brian and Fat Frank I think will be gonners at end of the season Taylor will need to find a way to cover his arse with having a “championship roster” and losing Burrow will only go so far.

Today was unacceptable and it’s only going to get worse changes have to be made.

I have no idea why anyone thinks they would fire Callahan? 

He is the passing game coordinator with a Top 3 QB and solid passing offense the past couple of seasons.  He has had HC interviews.

Pollack is the run game coordinator and owner of a bad oline - he should be dismissed.

Zac is the offensive scheme designer and the play caller.

They all have Burrow's injury as an excuse.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 12:03 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I have no idea why anyone thinks they would fire Callahan? 

He is the passing game coordinator with a Top 3 QB and solid passing offense the past couple of seasons.  He has had HC interviews.

Pollack is the run game coordinator and owner of a bad oline - he should be dismissed.

The innovative OCs around the league succeed with backup qbs. Look at the Vikings. The Raiders. The 49ers with Purdy last year.

The bad OCs...the season goes up in flames with an injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 11:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: What we learned is this isn’t a plug and play program Zac’s established, and that’s not a good look with the upcoming turnover of the roster due to contracts. There is no “winning culture” as they’d say. This “program” won’t allow for a backup to step in and go 5-3. Won’t allow for a star wideout to carry a backup qb say like a Justin Jefferson or other star wideouts can. Can’t lean on he run when your star QB is starting the season on a bum calf. Can’t lean on the run when you have over a week to adjust the offense for a backup qb making his first start. The Offense coaching staff needs a major shakeup.

It's a minimal scheme that relies on an elite wr and elite playmaker to make big plays.

Remember last year when Tampa 2 threw the offense all out of whack?
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 12:07 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The innovative OCs around the league succeed with backup qbs. Look at the Vikings. The Raiders. The 49ers with Purdy last year.

The bad OCs...the season goes up in flames with an injury.

Lol, do they have an HC that owns the offense?  Let's not act like Callahan is a traditional OC.  It is silly to even suggest that he is.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 12:03 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I have no idea why anyone thinks they would fire Callahan? 

Callahan will get fired this offseason to take the heat off Taylor’s arse because you can only blame Burrow being down for so much if we look as inept on offence as today for the rest of the season the media will be calling for Zac’s head and he will use this as his get out of jail free card just watch.

Personally I don’t want Taylor fired he seems like a good leader just shit play caller somebody needs to sit him down and take the playbook away from him wether that’s the old man or Duke who really should be packing his desk in January but not a chance that happens either.
Reply/Quote