Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: { All Things Biden & Trump } (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-All-Things-Biden-Trump)
+---- Thread: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION (/Thread-Truth-Social-going-public-net-Trump-estimated-2-to-4-BILLION)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - Nately120 - 03-27-2024

(03-27-2024, 03:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Tax laws are what they are. Those who have the money to do so, hire people to find every loophole and deduction there is. Better people than our HR Block people or tax software you and I may be forced to use.

Right, and my thing is it's ok to "hate the game" when the people who benefit from those loopholes are in control of whether those loopholes get closed or not.  It'd be like if Rooney family and Jerry Jones became co commissioners of the NFL and decided the Steelers and Cowboys are so popular that both of those teams automatically get the 1st overall seed every year and then when you said "Hey, that's BS" they said "Don't hate the player, hate the game!"

Bruh, you made the game the way it is!

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - Arturo Bandini - 03-27-2024

(03-27-2024, 11:40 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don't hate the players, hate the game. 

Or change the rules ... 

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - HarleyDog - 03-27-2024

(03-27-2024, 04:24 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Or change the rules ... 

Yes. I'm not against changing the rules except the rule changes mainly suck money out of the middle class. I hate the way it is but also fear the change. But I get your point. If we want the rich to pay more taxes, then we have to change the tax laws. 

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - Mike M (the other one) - 03-27-2024

(03-27-2024, 04:24 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Or change the rules ... 

Getting them in income taxes isn't going to do much.

Buffet has an annual salary of 100k and has had the same salary for the last 40 years. 
If you want to get them, get them on stock growth. Put a min in that any annual growth up to $xx,xxx is not taxed and the middle man can invest and make some money, but the big doggies will have to pay.   There's others as well, i'm not a full expert on tax loop holes, not rich enough to care atm.

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - Arturo Bandini - 03-27-2024

(03-27-2024, 04:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes. I'm not against changing the rules except the rule changes mainly suck money out of the middle class. I hate the way it is but also fear the change. But I get your point. If we want the rich to pay more taxes, then we have to change the tax laws. 

But who's going to change the rich tax laws when the entire congress is sponsored by rich donators ? 

It's like your team have to score but somehow the refs are never giving you the ball ... 

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - Nately120 - 03-27-2024

(03-27-2024, 04:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes. I'm not against changing the rules except the rule changes mainly suck money out of the middle class. I hate the way it is but also fear the change. But I get your point. If we want the rich to pay more taxes, then we have to change the tax laws. 

Asking the rich to pay taxes is going to cost millions of Americans their jobs and hiring IRS agents to audit giant corporations that exploit loopholes for the ultra rich is going to lead to to IRS agents coming directly for people like you and me who aren't ultra wealthy.

Americans don't want this stuff much in the same way we also don't like the idea of limiting the amount of high fructose corn syrup that is in everything while we simultaneously don't like the idea of making insulin affordable.  We're an odd bunch. 

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - GMDino - 03-30-2024

Oddly, the great businessman doesn't seem to understand how the stock market works.

Starts at 7:12

Or you can watch the stand alone clip here: https://www.tiktok.com/@latenightseth/video/7351862858541518123

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - pally - 03-30-2024

I can't wait until the required public reporting for this company.

Trump is used to all his finances and maneuvering being private. He hasn't had to deal with the SEC and public scrutiny of his books

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - Mike M (the other one) - 03-31-2024

(03-27-2024, 09:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Asking the rich to pay taxes is going to cost millions of Americans their jobs and hiring IRS agents to audit giant corporations that exploit loopholes for the ultra rich is going to lead to to IRS agents coming directly for people like you and me who aren't ultra wealthy.

Americans don't want this stuff much in the same way we also don't like the idea of limiting the amount of high fructose corn syrup that is in everything while we simultaneously don't like the idea of making insulin affordable.  We're an odd bunch. 

That is quite wrong. 
Biden gave them 80B and they have been ramping it up.
Just from using Algorithms they've been able to start identifying Tax Cheats. Then they go after them.

I don't like everything he (Biden) does but that was something that was greatly needed by the IRS.

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - Belsnickel - 03-31-2024

(03-31-2024, 01:12 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That is quite wrong. 
Just from using Algorithms they've been able to start identifying Tax Cheats. Then they go after them.

I don't like everything he (Biden) does but that was something that was greatly needed by the IRS.

Unfortunately, the House has reduced that funding by at least 25% so far during negotiations for aid to Israel and Ukraine. I would expect further cuts incoming on that.

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - Nately120 - 03-31-2024

(03-31-2024, 01:12 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That is quite wrong. 

I was annoyed when I say your first line and then I saw it was to a post I made sarcastically repeating a right wing talking narrative. 

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - pally - 03-31-2024

(03-27-2024, 07:05 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: But who's going to change the rich tax laws when the entire congress is sponsored by rich donators ? 

It's like your team have to score but somehow the refs are never giving you the ball ... 

In the 2017 tax bill, the Republicans, specifically protected big real estate developers and “pass-through” income against Democratic protests. Any guesses who that benefitted? It sure as hell wasn’t you and me

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - GMDino - 03-31-2024

(03-31-2024, 10:08 AM)pally Wrote: In the 2017 tax bill, the Republicans, specifically protected big real estate developers and “pass-through” income against Democratic protests.  Any guesses who that benefitted?  It sure as hell wasn’t you and me

Our shop is probably 95% republican voting.  Hard core.

They whooped and hollered about their "Tax cut" when that got passed.  I tried to explain that their income tax return, that most of them relied on, was going to be less and that the cut was only temporary.

The next year when some of them owed money they were scrambling with HR to figure out how to fix it.  And I again told them they had been warned.

Then when the tax cut expired they complained again and wanted to blame Biden.  

It's like they are incapable of understanding anything other than what is happening right now vs looking at what happened in the past and how it affects the future. And some of these guys are very smart. They just have bought into the lies.

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - Mike M (the other one) - 03-31-2024

(03-31-2024, 10:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: Our shop is probably 95% republican voting.  Hard core.

They whooped and hollered about their "Tax cut" when that got passed.  I tried to explain that their income tax return, that most of them relied on, was going to be less and that the cut was only temporary.

The next year when some of them owed money they were scrambling with HR to figure out how to fix it.  And I again told them they had been warned.

Then when the tax cut expired they complained again and wanted to blame Biden.  

It's like they are incapable of understanding anything other than what is happening right now vs looking at what happened in the past and how it affects the future.  And some of these guys are very smart.  They just have bought into the lies.

Biden could have extended it if he cared about the middle man

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - GMDino - 03-31-2024

(03-31-2024, 04:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Biden could have extended it if he cared about the middle man

Not congress?

Why was it temporary in the first place?

(03-31-2024, 04:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not congress?

Why was it temporary in the first place?

Because that appears to be the norm in the last few elections dating back to Bush. Some new regimes extend others quietly let them expire

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - Belsnickel - 03-31-2024

(03-31-2024, 04:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Because that appears to be the norm in the last few elections dating back to Bush. Some new regimes extend others quietly let them expire

It's dependent on Congress to make it happen, though.

(03-31-2024, 04:43 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's dependent on Congress to make it happen, though.

And  you think the POTUS has no sway over it? 

(03-31-2024, 04:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And  you think the POTUS has no sway over it? 

Some sway, sure, but it is a split Congress after all. And given they don't expire until the end of 2025 we won't see Congress do anything until next year. GOP members of the House won't give Biden a win in an election year. Even if Congress remains split, most if not all of the tax cuts will be extended.

RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - pally - 04-01-2024

Truth Social released its first financial reports today....

In 2023 they generated $4.1 million in revenue with only $750,000 in the 4th QTR which means business is getting worse

They LOST $58 MILLION

Any financial experts want to explain how this company is worth $4-6 billion?