Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Welcome William Jackson III - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Welcome William Jackson III (/Thread-Welcome-William-Jackson-III)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - XenoMorph - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 11:55 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't see how people could be that mad at this pick. I would have loved to see Treadwell on this team, but I would bet you money that Houston, Washington and Minnesota had zero interest in trading with us since they thought we were going WR. It probably would have cost a 3rd to go up to the Jets spot.

In all reality, we only have 2 corners on this team that have showed that they can play in the NFL. The jury is still out on Dennard. Once all the WRs started going off the board, I was praying that the Bengals wouldn't reach for a guy - and they didn't.

After listening to XM for the last month, WJ3 was a guy that they had going anywhere from 14-25. I think his skill set is perfect for this team - not to mention his speed.

This team values corners like the 3-4 teams value LBs. That's just the reality of it.

kid has apparently spent a lot of time in man coverage which is what we like to do.

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - wildcats forever - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 01:11 AM)grampahol Wrote: So once famous do we have to call him WJ3?

I'm leaning toward 'Action Jackson'   Ninja

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - Shake n Blake - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 01:26 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't see what all this doom and gloom is about our WRs. Brandon LaFell will replace Marvin Jones just fine, and Sanu really never got any major play time unless there was an injury. We can still get a decent WR later in the draft, and the staff could think that Alford could do something next year.

I have faith in LaFell, but our depth is crap right now. We're an injury away from Brandon Tate starting. I'd have to think WR would be a priority for the next couple rounds, but hopefully we don't wait too long.

(04-29-2016, 01:53 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That's just not right. If marvin Jones was healthy his first 4 years like Lafell their stats are almost identical. Injuries happen. Like lafell last year. And he got cut.

First off, I like the fact that LaFell has never missed an entire season like Jones has. Secondly, if their numbers are nearly identical, what are you upset about? Also, for all we know, the Patriots would have cut Marvin Jones after his 2014 injury. They're not as loyal as the Bengals when it comes to injuries.

(04-29-2016, 07:42 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: No different then a WR who's Andys 4th read on offense

It kinda is, really. Our #3 WR sees far more snaps than our #4 CB.

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - Essex Johnson - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 12:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have faith in LaFell, but our depth is crap right now. We're an injury away from Brandon Tate starting. I'd have to think WR would be a priority for the next couple rounds, but hopefully we don't wait too long.

First off, I like the fact that LaFell has never missed an entire season like Jones has. Secondly, if their numbers are nearly identical, what are you upset about? Also, for all we know, the Patriots would have cut Marvin Jones after his 2014 injury. They're not as loyal as the Bengals when it comes to injuries.

Not when we are playing Pittsburgh... we will have our 3/4 CBs out there a lot.... depth in division at CB is important with Pittsburgh and even Baltimore throwing the ball a lot

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - Shake n Blake - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 12:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not when we are playing Pittsburgh... we will have our 3/4 CBs out there a lot.... depth in division at CB is important with Pittsburgh and even Baltimore throwing the ball a lot

I just read an article from Jim O that said we played DreKirk and Dennard around 35-50 snaps each in their rookie years.

Now compare that to Sanu, who had 33 catches and probably a few hundred snaps last year.

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-29-2016

Come on in Will......the water is fine! Cheers

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - BengalChris - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 12:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have faith in LaFell, but our depth is crap right now. We're an injury away from Brandon Tate starting. I'd have to think WR would be a priority for the next couple rounds, but hopefully we don't wait too long.

Ug, now that's a depressing thought.

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - jj22 - 04-29-2016

Love the pick. The wideouts were gone and we didn't reach. Great prospect. What more can you want. Lets see how the rest of the draft plays out. We'll get a couple receivers. Just won't be the big splashes.

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - yellowxdiscipline - 04-29-2016

Any rookie WR will be fighting for reps with Lafell. Jackson will most likely split time filling in for Jones and Kirkpatrick.

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - Bengal Dude - 04-29-2016

If anyone needs some solace on this pick, head over to the Steelers board and read their draft thread. A lot of them were pissed about us taking him. This also means that we'll be letting Dre walk after this season. That should allow us to focus on extending Zeitler during camp.

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - ochocincos - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 10:48 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i love this pick... Heres why.. all the WRs got poached right in front of us any WR there would have been a big reach...  

There are lots of DL still left on the Board but this was the last top flight Cornerback.

And i know we are "rich" in CBs but this gives us insurrance/options.

Adam jones is older if he starts to slide in production    we have options.
Kirk is on the final year of his deal.. If he cant be retained  we have a player already in the system.
Dennard  Should be good but if say he gets hurt we have someone that can step in and play.

And in todays NFL  CBs are a spot you can never have enough high end talent.

Now it will be hard to get  Dennard Kirk and Jackson and Jones all on the field at once.   But we can give Jones some breathers for Returns    

Do any of these players project as a saftey at all?

Shaw was projected to be an ideal FS that can also play slot CB. I know this isn't what you fully asked, but it's more for people who think of Shaw only as a CB.

As for the those saying the Bengals made a bad pick that will never see the field in two years, why is there an assumption that the Bengals will extend both DreK and Dennard? If both play well over the next two years, the Bengals won't be able to afford both. If either struggles, WJ3 is there to try to pick up the slack.
Plus now the Bengals have a clear fill-in at CB without much worry of drop off in talent. CB is one of the most-often injured positions, so there's actually a decent chance WJ3 could play some defense as a rookie.

The Broncos had clear good vet CBs in Talib and Harris yet went out and drafted Roby. It worked out pretty well for them last year. Hopefully the same happens for the Bengals.

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 03:27 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If anyone needs some solace on this pick, head over to the Steelers board and read their draft thread. A lot of them were pissed about us taking him. This also means that we'll be letting Dre walk after this season. That should allow us to focus on extending Zeitler during camp.

Good.

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - CoCoNuT - 04-29-2016

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/forums/steelers-talk.5/

While I am not excited about the pick (mainly because I know nothing about any of these players)
it is enjoyable to see the Steelers Boards having an entire thread dedicated to us because of it :)

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - XenoMorph - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 03:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Shaw was projected to be an ideal FS that can also play slot CB. I know this isn't what you fully asked, but it's more for people who think of Shaw only as a CB.

As for the those saying the Bengals made a bad pick that will never see the field in two years, why is there an assumption that the Bengals will extend both DreK and Dennard? If both play well over the next two years, the Bengals won't be able to afford both. If either struggles, WJ3 is there to try to pick up the slack.
Plus now the Bengals have a clear fill-in at CB without much worry of drop off in talent. CB is one of the most-often injured positions, so there's actually a decent chance WJ3 could play some defense as a rookie.

The Broncos had clear good vet CBs in Talib and Harris yet went out and drafted Roby. It worked out pretty well for them last year. Hopefully the same happens for the Bengals.

somehow i forgot all about shaw and he was solid last year... excellent

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - coachmcneil71 - 04-29-2016

For those of you that are still miffed about the drafting of Jackson I ask you two simple questions; which team won the SB last season?

Now I ask how did they win it and so many other games when their QB's threw like 23 int's last season?

DEFENSE!!

(04-29-2016, 04:03 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: For those of you that are still miffed about the drafting of Jackson I ask you two simple questions; which team won the SB last season?

Now I ask how did they win it and so many other games when their QB's threw like 23 int's last season?

DEFENSE!!

Spot on Coach, spot on.

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - Bengal Dude - 04-29-2016

No shocker here. Jackson will wear #22.

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - StLucieBengal - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 03:39 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/forums/steelers-talk.5/

While I am not excited about the pick (mainly because I know nothing about any of these players)
it is enjoyable to see the Steelers Boards having an entire thread dedicated to us because of it :)

Haha that's funny.   

(04-29-2016, 05:27 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: No shocker here. Jackson will wear #22.

Make us forget about Jonathan Joseph.

RE: Welcome William Jackson III - Thefinalcut813 - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 03:39 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/forums/steelers-talk.5/

They are still using the old arrest records as insults. LMAO. The bias is real in that forum. We are so more level headed over here. We look at both sides I feel.