Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: 2020 Election (/Thread-2020-Election)

RE: 2020 Election - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-02-2020

(11-02-2020, 09:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt and the Liberal quickly devolves into insults, because, it's what they do. Not a cult or anything, just a group of people unified by a mantra. 

I thought in the post Trump era we were done with the PC bullshit and from now on we’re calling cults “cults” without regard for your feelings?

RE: 2020 Election - Belsnickel - 11-03-2020

I'm really sad the prediction thread got locked so I couldn't weigh in on the bacon conversation. I have a level of porcine knowledge that would have contributed to that conversation. Oh well. If you haven't already voted, go vote. Don't be an asshole to anybody. Do some things to help lower that anxiety if you have it.

Me, I'm supposed to be working, today, and I will work some. I think I might go do a little fishing, though, because people suck and I don't want to be around them. I also can't have any sausage or bacon because I am on a "low residue" diet for a colonoscopy on Thursday, which means I'm grumpy because those are my favorite foods. I want nothing more than some biscuits and gravy right now.

Anyway, I'm done rambling. Go vote and stuff. Do your civic duty. Be kind. Don't be a dick (and no, that isn't about who you choose to vote for, just about your behavior while out and about). And yeah.

Oh, and thank a poll worker while you're there. They put up with a lot any other year, but this being such a ridiculous election and during a pandemic as well, thank them for doing what they do. Not the jackasses handing out political literature (I've been one of those, I can say that), but the officials inside that are checking the list and handing you your ballot and what not.

RE: 2020 Election - BigPapaKain - 11-03-2020

(11-02-2020, 09:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt and the Liberal quickly devolves into insults, because, it's what they do. Not a cult or anything, just a group of people unified by a mantra. 

Less of an insult than an observation.

I guess it could be considered an insult if one were indeed in a cult.

RE: 2020 Election - fredtoast - 11-03-2020

(11-02-2020, 09:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  just a group of people unified by a mantra. 

When the leader of a "group" tells his followers that he could shoot a man in the middle of the street and get away with it because they would still support him then THAT IS A CULT.

And don't blame some liberal for saying it.  Thank your leader for that direct quote.

RE: 2020 Election - bfine32 - 11-03-2020

(11-03-2020, 10:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When the leader of a "group" tells his followers that he could shoot a man in the middle of the street and get away with it because they would still support him then THAT IS A CULT.

And don't blame some liberal for saying it.  Thank your leader for that direct quote.

I blame the Liberal for placing me in such a category. But that's what they do. You have a difference of opinion with a Liberal you more often than not get stereotyped. The sad thing is other Liberals will support them in this tactic instead of questioning it.

RE: 2020 Election - Big Boss - 11-03-2020

The conservative Texas Supreme Court, a conservative federal judge, and now the conservative 5th Circuit have all ruled that the GOP has no standing in its Harris County suit.

https://twitter.com/marceelias/status/1323616121883369473

GOP still coming up short in that whole "proving voter fraud" thing.

RE: 2020 Election - GMDino - 11-03-2020

(11-03-2020, 11:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I blame the Liberal for placing me in such a category. But that's what they do. You have a difference of opinion with a Liberal you more often than not get stereotyped. The sad thing is other Liberals will support them in this tactic instead of questioning it.

Glad you are against stereotyping.   Mellow

This Twitter chain.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1323612011641610240

RE: 2020 Election - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-03-2020

(11-03-2020, 08:54 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm really sad the prediction thread got locked so I couldn't weigh in on the bacon conversation. I have a level of porcine knowledge that would have contributed to that conversation. Oh well. If you haven't already voted, go vote. Don't be an asshole to anybody. Do some things to help lower that anxiety if you have it.

Me, I'm supposed to be working, today, and I will work some. I think I might go do a little fishing, though, because people suck and I don't want to be around them. I also can't have any sausage or bacon because I am on a "low residue" diet for a colonoscopy on Thursday, which means I'm grumpy because those are my favorite foods. I want nothing more than some biscuits and gravy right now.

Anyway, I'm done rambling. Go vote and stuff. Do your civic duty. Be kind. Don't be a dick (and no, that isn't about who you choose to vote for, just about your behavior while out and about). And yeah.

Oh, and thank a poll worker while you're there. They put up with a lot any other year, but this being such a ridiculous election and during a pandemic as well, thank them for doing what they do. Not the jackasses handing out political literature (I've been one of those, I can say that), but the officials inside that are checking the list and handing you your ballot and what not.

I wanted to as well, especially since Joe from B misrepresented us :@

"Canadian Bacon," is Peameal and we don't call it Peameal BACON; just Peameal.

It is the Pork back (loin), thus a pork chop without the bone, wrapped in a layer of polenta (cornmeal, actually an Italian dish, but you guys down south make, "grits," which is the same thing, basically).

It is smoked and cured in the *exact* same way belly bacon is smoked and cured, hence the, "Bacon," moniker it sometimes gets, but we only call it Peameal and if someone else from Canada tells you otherwise, then they need to work on their lexicon (like how MANY Canadian call Walleye, "Pickerel;" that one pisses me off to high hell).

Vote for the good guys, people!

RE: 2020 Election - Nately120 - 11-03-2020

(11-03-2020, 12:11 PM)Big Boss Wrote: This Twitter chain.

Pre-coke Trump is such a drag. 

Trump bizarrely claims that "the US" is harder to deal with than Russia or North Korea, as though America is a foreign country.

"I'm actually probably not kidding."

Much is being made locally about the Pittsburgh Post Gazette endorsing Trump as they haven't endorsed a Republican since 1972.

I'd like to share their endorsement becuase it is a master class in holding your nose, closing your eyes and ignoring everything you know about Trump and pretending he did "Something" good so he's the better candidate.

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/editorials/2020/10/31/editorial-donald-trump-joe-biden-mike-pence-kamala-harris-presidential-candidate-endorsement/stories/202010310021?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2ysn02LfaYLaAUboZx5LdzoblDRsASX4rTHFW0CUlvirsLxh6bfzvKm6k#Echobox=1604232731

Quote:“He’s unpresidential.”

“He’s crude and unkind.”

“He’s just not a good man.”

These things, and much worse, are commonly said of President Donald Trump. His personality totally eclipses his record.

So we, seemingly, have him on the dunk tank, ready for a very cold bath.

Let’s play dump the lout.

But is this really what it’s about?

Isn’t the real question whether he has been taking the country, and the economy of this region, in the right direction these last four years?

Can we separate the man from the record?

We share the embarrassment of millions of Americans who are disturbed by the president’s unpresidential manners and character — his rudeness and put-downs and bragging and bending of the truth.

None of this can be justified. The president’s behavior often has diminished his presidency, and the presidency. Most Americans want a president who makes them proud.

We too prefer the first-class temperament and demeanor of a Winston Churchill, a Dwight Eisenhower, a Franklin Roosevelt, a Ronald Reagan, or a Barack Obama (whom this newspaper enthusiastically supported in 2008 and 2012). None of them are on the ballot this year.

Let’s look at the Trump record:

Under Donald Trump the economy, pre-COVID, boomed, like no time since the 1950s. Look at your 401(k) over the past three years.

Unemployment for Black Americans is lower than it has ever been, under any president of either party.
Under Mr. Trump, our trade relationships have vastly improved and our trade deals have been rewritten. Thanks to him, middle America is on the map again and the Appalachian and hourly worker has some hope.
Has Mr. Trump done enough for these struggling fellow citizens? No. But he recognized them. Maybe he was not articulate, but he recognized their pain.

No one ever asked the American people, or the people in “flyover,” country, if they wanted to send their jobs abroad — until Mr. Trump. He has moved the debate, in both parties, from free trade, totally unfettered, to managed, or fair, trade. He has put America first, just as he said he would.

He also kept his promise to appoint originalists to the Supreme Court of the United States. His third appointment, Amy Coney Barrett, is the best of all — a jurist whose mind and character and scholarship ARE first class. We hope she stands against both judicial and executive excess.

Finally, let’s talk about one of the most important concerns in this region — energy. Under Mr. Trump the United States achieved energy independence for the first time in the lifetimes of most of us. Where would Western Pennsylvania be without the Shell Petrochemical Complex (the “cracker plant”)?
Donald Trump is not Churchill, to be sure, but he gets things done.

He is not a unifier. He often acts like the president of his base, not the whole country. He has done nothing to lessen our divisions and has, in fact, often deepened them. The convictions and intellect of all Americans should be respected by ALL Americans, especially the president.

Has Mr. Trump handled the pandemic perfectly? No. But no one masters a pandemic. And the president was and is right that we must not cower before the disease and we have to keep America open and working.

He has not listened well to people who could have helped him. He has not learned government, or shown interest in doing so.

But the Biden-Harris ticket offers us higher taxes and a nanny state that will bow to the bullies and the woke who would tear down history rather than learning from history and building up the country.

It offers an end to fracking and other Cuckoo California dreams that will cost the economy and the people who most need work right now. “Good-paying green jobs” are probably not jobs for Pittsburgh, or Cleveland, or Toledo, or Youngstown.

It offers softness on China, which Mr. Trump understands is our enemy.

Mr. Biden is too old for the job, and fragile. There is a very real chance he will not make it through the term.
Mr. 
Trump is also too old but seemingly robust. But in Mike Pence, Mr. Trump has a vice president ready to take over, if need be. He is a safe pair of hands. Sen. Kamala Harris gives no evidence of being ready to be president.

This newspaper has not supported a Republican for president since 1972. But we believe Mr. Trump, for all his faults, is the better choice this year. We respect and understand those who feel otherwise. We wish that we could be more enthusiastic and we hope the president can become more dignified and statesmanlike. Each American must make up his or her own mind and do what he or she thinks is best for the community and the republic. Vote your conscience. And, whatever happens, believe in the country.

First Published October 31, 2020, 11:23pm

Ignore what you see and hear and know...just pretend you know what he "meant" and "felt" and what is in his heart.  Ignore Trump unable to walk down a ramp and Biden jogging to the podium...just pretend that Trump is "robust" and Biden is "fragile".

Just pretend.

Also, a thread got shut down over Canadian bacon?   Hilarious

RE: 2020 Election - Nately120 - 11-03-2020

(11-03-2020, 01:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Much is being made locally about the Pittsburgh Post Gazette endorsing Trump as they haven't endorsed a Republican since 1972.

I'd like to share their endorsement becuase it is a master class in holding your nose, closing your eyes and ignoring everything you know about Trump and pretending he did "Something" good so he's the better candidate.

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/editorials/2020/10/31/editorial-donald-trump-joe-biden-mike-pence-kamala-harris-presidential-candidate-endorsement/stories/202010310021?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2ysn02LfaYLaAUboZx5LdzoblDRsASX4rTHFW0CUlvirsLxh6bfzvKm6k#Echobox=1604232731

Ignore what you see and hear and know...just pretend you know what he "meant" and "felt" and what is in his heart.  Ignore Trump unable to walk down a ramp and Biden jogging to the podium...just pretend that Trump is "robust" and Biden is "fragile".

Just pretend.

Believe in your country and vote for the guy who is yet again complaining that democracy is out to get him.

(11-03-2020, 11:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: Glad you are against stereotyping.   Mellow

Hey, look I was wrong. A Liberal did call out stereotyping. Maybe their pretty open-minded after all.

(11-03-2020, 11:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I blame the Liberal for placing me in such a category. But that's what they do. You have a difference of opinion with a Liberal you more often than not get stereotyped. The sad thing is other Liberals will support them in this tactic instead of questioning it.

You accused people of having a mental illness if they criticized Trump.

So you can drop all the preachy bullshit.  We all know who you are.

RE: 2020 Election - Belsnickel - 11-03-2020

(11-03-2020, 12:20 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I wanted to as well, especially since Joe from B misrepresented us :@

"Canadian Bacon," is Peameal and we don't call it Peameal BACON; just Peameal.

It is the Pork back (loin), thus a pork chop without the bone, wrapped in a layer of polenta (cornmeal, actually an Italian dish, but you guys down south make, "grits," which is the same thing, basically).

It is smoked and cured in the *exact* same way belly bacon is smoked and cured, hence the, "Bacon," moniker it sometimes gets, but we only call it Peameal and if someone else from Canada tells you otherwise, then they need to work on their lexicon (like how MANY Canadian call Walleye, "Pickerel;" that one pisses me off to high hell).

Vote for the good guys, people!

Well, peameal is different, even, then what Americans typically know as "Canadian bacon." What is called Canadian bacon, here, is back bacon without the peameal additions. Most Americans don't know the differences in sources for their bacon on the pig. I, myself, am a side meat man. It's meatier, but still has some of the fat. This is what I have known to be referred to as plain bacon in Canada, as well, though I typically just get it uncut. I'm not as much of a fan of belly bacon.

Also, calling walleye, pickerel, is almost as bad as people around here calling bluegills and other small sunfishes, perch.

Fish and pigs, two topics I excel with. LOL

(11-03-2020, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You accused people of having a mental illness if they criticized Trump.

So you can drop all the preachy bullshit.  We all know who you are.

Not once did I accuse anyone of having a mental illness for simply criticizing Trump; as I have criticized him myself on numerous occasions. That's just something you thought would be cool to keep saying.

Now if you're obsessed with him.....I'll stand by that assertion, because that is what I really said

I know what you want me to be; unfortunately, that's not based in reality.

Our son turned 18 in January and I went with him to vote in the primaries to show him how it all operated.  He asked me to go with him today also and we stood in line together of over 90 minutes to vote.  Normally it's under five minutes and in 2016 it was about 30-40 total.

I don't know what all that means as far as winners and losers but it is done now.

(11-03-2020, 02:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not once did I accuse anyone of having a mental illness for simply criticizing Trump; as I have criticized him myself on numerous occasions. That's just something you thought would be cool to keep saying.

Now if you're obsessed with him.....I'll stand by that assertion, because that is what I really said

You used the term "Trump Derangement Syndrome" which would indicate a mental illness.

And the only symptom of this syndrome was criticizing Trump.

(11-03-2020, 02:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know what you want me to be; unfortunately, that's not based in reality.

We all saw you do it.

Your opinion does not change reality.