Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: 2020 Election (/Thread-2020-Election)

RE: 2020 Election - fredtoast - 11-03-2020

(11-03-2020, 02:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, peameal is different, even, then what Americans typically know as "Canadian bacon." What is called Canadian bacon, here, is back bacon without the peameal additions. Most Americans don't know the differences in sources for their bacon on the pig. I, myself, am a side meat man. It's meatier, but still has some of the fat. This is what I have known to be referred to as plain bacon in Canada, as well, though I typically just get it uncut. I'm not as much of a fan of belly bacon.

Also, calling walleye, pickerel, is almost as bad as people around here calling bluegills and other small sunfishes, perch.

Fish and pigs, two topics I excel with. LOL

Speaking of fish, Canadians call drums "sheepheads".  Other people may do this as well, but I have only heard it in Canada.

RE: 2020 Election - bfine32 - 11-03-2020

(11-03-2020, 03:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You used the term "Trump Derangement Syndrome" which would indicate a mental illness.

And the only symptom of this syndrome was criticizing Trump.

We all saw you do it.

Your opinion does not change reality.

The only symptom was being obsessed with trump.

Who is this "we". Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

(11-03-2020, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The only symptom was being obsessed with trump.

Not the way you used it.  You never once applied it to any of his supporters who were obsessed with him.  The only way you used it was as an insult to anyone who dared to criticize the Donald.

(11-03-2020, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who is this "we". Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

No.  I am referring to all the people who posted here over the last 4 years.

(11-03-2020, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not the way you used it.  You never once applied it to any of his supporters who were obsessed with him.  The only way you used it was as an insult to anyone who dared to criticize the Donald.

I going to need you to show me where I suggested anyone suffered from a disorder simply for criticizing Trump of STFU.

I will not deny suggesting folks obsessed with Trump; especially early in his presidency, were perhaps experiencing mental trauma.

But I never suggested so for simply criticizing him; as I've criticized him myself.

So I'll ask you one last time. Quit making things up to be the way you want them to be, so you can excuse your behavior.

RE: 2020 Election - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-03-2020

(11-03-2020, 02:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, peameal is different, even, then what Americans typically know as "Canadian bacon." What is called Canadian bacon, here, is back bacon without the peameal additions. Most Americans don't know the differences in sources for their bacon on the pig. I, myself, am a side meat man. It's meatier, but still has some of the fat. This is what I have known to be referred to as plain bacon in Canada, as well, though I typically just get it uncut. I'm not as much of a fan of belly bacon.

Also, calling walleye, pickerel, is almost as bad as people around here calling bluegills and other small sunfishes, perch.

Fish and pigs, two topics I excel with. LOL

Another one was an American telling me (on Fishbrain) that a Bluegill wasn't a Sunfish.

Mellow

Fish nomenclature can be confusing at times, but come on; these species have CLEARLY different/distinct names.

(11-03-2020, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Speaking of fish, Canadians call drums "sheepheads". Other people may do this as well, but I have only heard it in Canada.

Perhaps in certain parts, but I've ONLY ever heard the Freshwater Drum (the only one we have in our waters) be called a Drum.

Conversely, the only people I've heard call them Sheepheads, are north-eastern Americans.

Go figure LOL

RE: 2020 Election - michaelsean - 11-03-2020

Any favorite commercials?

I've got one from each side.

Amy MCgrath commercial says: In Mitch's own words, "She's a Marine, she's a mom and I've been there too long."
I heard that and I'm like he had to have been talking about what her campaign consists of, and yes. "I think her entire campaign is she's a Marine, she's a mom and I've been there too long."

I'm a little fuzzier on this one because I only heard it once, but I think it was about The New Green Deal where they said if Biden is elected it will cost each family $65,000 a year. I don't even know what that was based on, but it really made me laugh.

RE: 2020 Election - Big Boss - 11-03-2020

Oh dear.

Deutsche Bank plans to cut ties with Trump after the election and could seize his assets if he can't pay back his debts, Reuters reports

https://www.businessinsider.com/deutsche-bank-trump-ties-debts-after-election-reuters-2020-11

(11-03-2020, 04:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Perhaps in certain parts, but I've ONLY ever heard the Freshwater Drum (the only one we have in our waters) be called a Drum.

I apologize for continuing to derail this thread, b ut I just went to wiki and I have to share this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freshwater_drum

The freshwater drum is also called shepherd's piegray bassGasper gooGaspergou,[6] gou,[6] gruntgruntergrinderglorpa dorpawuss fishgooble gobble, and croaker. It is commonly known as sheepheadChannel Garbage, and sunfish in parts of Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

"Wuss Fish"?
"Glorpa dorpa"?
"Channel Garbage"?  

Blue dots painted in front of Biden supporters' homes in California

Quote:Residents of Roseville, Calif., have reported blue dots being spray-painted in front of homes with Biden-Harris campaign signs, local affiliate KCRA-TV reports.

Roseville resident Adam Quilici told the news outlet that he was making breakfast when a neighbor told him to look in front of his home. He said a blue dot was painted in the road in front of his house.

Other residents told the news outlet they believe the dots were painted between Saturday and Sunday.

“The houses that were targeted have Biden-Harris signs in front of them — every single one,” Quilici told KCRA-TV. “There aren't any blue dots anywhere where there are not those signs present.”

Quilici called the police, according to the news outlet, and they told him that they believed him after making sure it had nothing to do with utilities.

“This is not just a smashed pumpkin on Halloween,” Quilici said. “This is like a message and I’m not really OK with it.”

The Roseville Police Department told KCRA-TV that several calls were made concerning the blue dots. It said that the dots only appeared in one neighborhood, and that none of the signs were damaged.

The Hill has reached out to the police department for comment.

The Roseville incident is not the only report of threats toward supporters of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.).

Across the country in Maryland, a letter was sent to a home with Biden-Harris signs that specifically threatened to beat Biden and rape Harris. It also appeared to threaten former Arizona Rep. Gabby Giffords (D), who became a staunch advocate for gun control legislation after she was critically wounded in a 2011 shooting.

"If you are a Biden-Harris supporter, you will be targeted. We have a list of homes by your election signs. We will not comply or give anything up, especially our guns," the letter reportedly stated, according to local Baltimore NBC affiliate WBAL.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/524188-blue-dots-painted-in-front-of-biden-supporters-homes-in-california

All totally normal!

Trump campaign asks Pennsylvania counties for sensitive election security information

Quote:President Trump's campaign asked at least three counties in Pennsylvania for a rundown of highly specific election security plans — including ballot storage locations and transportation details — according to an email obtained by NBC News. The Pennsylvania secretary of state has advised counties not to disclose election security information to any third parties and has reached out to the FBI.

Election officials in Cumberland, Mercer and Montour counties — all counties that are delaying mail-in ballot canvassing until Wednesday morning — received the email from a Gmail address connected to a Trump campaign volunteer.

Cumberland County Commissioner Gary Eichelberger said that in his 16 years in office, he has "never seen anything like" the Trump campaign's request.

A spokesperson for Trump's campaign said that the request was made to evaluate the differences in voting processes across jurisdictions.

Citing a "slew of Democrat efforts to change election rules at the last minute, and the resulting pressure on election officials," the spokesperson wrote that the Trump campaign is seeking to "understand how and what officials are planning as a result."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/live-blog/election-day-2020-live-updates-n1245892/ncrd1245964?icid=election_nav#liveBlogHeader

RE: 2020 Election - TheLeonardLeap - 11-03-2020

(11-03-2020, 04:51 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Blue dots painted in front of Biden supporters' homes in California

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/524188-blue-dots-painted-in-front-of-biden-supporters-homes-in-california

Interesting that it's immediately interpreted as a threat against Democrats rather than a marker to show whose house not to F up.

Could be the D version of lamb's blood on the door for all anyone knows.

The literal only connection to threats towards those people the article (loosely) makes is by mentioning one letter sent in Maryland that had nothing to do with the neighborhood in California, but was tacked onto the end there thus trying to connect the two as some sort of theme.

Weak shit, Boss. That kind of "journalism" (and subsequent sharing of it) doesn't help everyone stay calm at all. Just fearmongers.

(11-03-2020, 05:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Interesting that it's immediately interpreted as a threat against Democrats rather than a marker to show whose house not to F up.

Could be the D version of lamb's blood on the door for all anyone knows.

The literal only connection to threats towards those people the article (loosely) makes is by mentioning one letter sent in Maryland that had nothing to do with the neighborhood in California, but was tacked onto the end there thus trying to connect the two as some sort of theme.

Weak shit, Boss. That kind of "journalism" (and subsequent sharing of it) doesn't help everyone stay calm at all. Just fearmongers.

It seems that if it was from "their side" then they would know about it.

The Egyptians weren't the ones who put the blood on the doors to be passed over.  The Hebrews did it because they were the ones in on it.

If someone "marks" my house without telling me why I don't assume they are on my side.

RE: 2020 Election - Au165 - 11-03-2020

(11-03-2020, 05:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It seems that if it was from "their side" then they would know about it.

The Egyptians weren't the ones who put the blood on the doors to be passed over.  The Hebrews did it because they were the ones in on it.

Something something ANTIFA

(11-03-2020, 04:51 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Blue dots painted in front of Biden supporters' homes in California

Blue=Dems

Red=GOP

Blue Dot

The Dems did it. Case Solved.

FWIW. Why would folks have to mark properties that already have signs?

(11-03-2020, 06:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: FWIW. Why would folks have to mark properties that already have signs?

Plot twist. It was a Grubhub driver preparing for some 2am Subway sandwich delivery.

(11-03-2020, 05:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It seems that if it was from "their side" then they would know about it.

If someone "marks" my house without telling me why I don't assume they are on my side.

Because asshats aren't a monolith that have all shared knowledge with every member of a political party?

It could be 1-3 teens preparing to vandalize the marked homes. It could also be 1-3 teens making sure they don't vandalize the marked homes.

Or it could all just be bullshit to create some hysteria and increased division.

(11-03-2020, 06:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because asshats aren't a monolith that have all shared knowledge with every member of a political party?

It could be 1-3 teens preparing to vandalize the marked homes. It could also be 1-3 teens making sure they don't vandalize the marked homes.

Or it could all just be bullshit to create some hysteria and increased division.

Yes, it could be any of those things.  But the fact that we don't know does not mean it should not be reported in the news.  It really happened and it really concerned some of the homeowners.  They were not concerned  because some journalist reported it.  They were concerned because it happened.

So I don't see what was wrong with reporting on it.

(11-03-2020, 07:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, it could be any of those things.  But the fact that we don't know does not mean it should not be reported in the news.  It really happened and it really concerned some of the homeowners.  They were not concerned  because some journalist reported it.  They were concerned because it happened.

So I don't see what was wrong with reporting on it.

There's nothing wrong with reporting it.

But there IS something wrong with reporting it as if it were known to be a threat towards them and then trying to loosely relate it to a completely unrelated horrible situation where 1 disturbed individual sent 1 threatening piece of mail in Maryland.

That's when it crossed the line from reporting an incident to creating their own facts, drawing their own conclusions, and then sensationalizing it. That's not reporting news anymore but fearmongering.

RE: 2020 Election - NATI BENGALS - 11-03-2020

(11-03-2020, 07:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There's nothing wrong with reporting it.

But there IS something wrong with reporting it as if it were known to be a threat towards them and then trying to loosely relate it to a completely unrelated horrible situation where 1 disturbed individual sent 1 threatening piece of mail in Maryland.

That's when it crossed the line from reporting an incident to creating their own facts, drawing their own conclusions, and then sensationalizing it. That's not reporting news anymore but fearmongering.

If houses in my neighborhood were marked by some unknown party for their political leanings I would be fearmongering.

I specifically don't put signs in my yard because people are shitheads. But that is people marking their own homes. Someone else doing it is a different story.