Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The search appears over for HC - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The search appears over for HC (/Thread-The-search-appears-over-for-HC)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: The search appears over for HC - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 05:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't think Waldron will be OC. Taylor has a past with Lazor and the Bengals I believe want to keep him so the fit is there. LA won't lose both of them. They'll offer Waldron OC to keep him.

If Lazor is out and Zac is the pick, they will likely go with his brother Press Taylor (who has worked wonders with Wentz and Foles) Who I have no problem with him bringing with him.

Could be right JJ22, nice post, this would be fine with me as well.

Taylor HC, Press OC, Joseph DC

(01-09-2019, 05:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: In a perfect world you are right about race but in a perfect world we would not have the Rooney Rule.  As for Joseph sure he should be considered.. many Head Coaches get hired after a losing record somewhere else, I also blame more on their GM than Vance for Denvers downturn over last couple years.. If we are going to say qualified what has Taylor done that qualifies him as a Head Coach... 

Well Taylor is a great communicator and works well with players and has a great head on his shoulders.

I would take him over a guy like Joseph who has not faired well as a HC. Don't know whether that is on their GM or not but a good HC is what we need and it is not like we have been a great organization that makes all the right moves, we need a coach that can coach through adversity.

I say go with the young guy that McVay touts up so highly over Joseph.

I want an up and coming, creative, aggressive HC here.

RE: The search appears over for HC - psychdoctor - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 05:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He does not have a job.. of course he is going to interview with others.. he just interviewed for Jets job yesterday.. 

I would keep interviewing for a job regardless until I hear from a team

I think the Cincinnati Bengals made their pick and I think they already informed that coach that is why I think Monken is out.

RE: The search appears over for HC - Essex Johnson - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 05:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be right JJ22, nice post, this would be fine with me as well.

Taylor HC, Press OC, Joseph DC

Well Taylor is a great communicator and works well with players and has a great head on his shoulders.

I would take him over a guy like Joseph who has not faired well as a HC. Don't know whether that is on their GM or not but a good HC is what we need and it is not like we have been a great organization that makes all the right moves, we need a coach that can coach through adversity.

I say go with the young guy that McVay touts up so highly over Joseph.

I want an up and coming, creative, aggressive HC here.

I would say Vance had a great head on his shoulders also, he handled adversity well with Denver.. never read much that he lost the locker room, had success as a DC coach and other positions also in his time.  Taylor has been a QB Coach only in the NFL for 6 years, ventured as OC for Bearcats and that did not go so well.. so I really don;t see a big qualified mark next to his name.

I am not saying not hire him but what I am saying is Joseph is qualified to hire also as a Head Coach even if he is not your choice

(01-09-2019, 05:30 PM)mon4078 Wrote: Can someone explain to me why everyone is so high on Taylor. I'm not trying to be a downer but the year he was at UC the offense wasn't that good and seemed to make a lot of mistakes. Did he call plays for the Rams? I really would like to know what everyone sees in him.

I think ZacTaylor had a lot of input in the game planning and he helped thei Los Angeles Rams quarterback tremendously.  McVay gave high praise and the praise did not sound like phoney baloney.  Great leadership good communicator pays attention to details.

RE: The search appears over for HC - Essex Johnson - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 05:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the Cincinnati Bengals made their pick and I think they already informed that coach that is why I think Monken is out.

Well I guess the Jets did also and we have heard nothing from them either, since he is lining up interviews after Jets.. with the 24/7 news and social network.. I say they have not made anything official yet or we would know

(01-09-2019, 05:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would say Vance had a great head on his shoulders also, he handled adversity well with Denver.. never read much that he lost the locker room, had success as a DC coach and other positions also in his time.  Taylor has been a QB Coach only in the NFL for 6 years, ventured as OC for Bearcats and that did not go so well.. so I really don;t see a big qualified mark next to his name.

I am not saying not hire him but what I am saying is Joseph is qualified to hire also as a Head Coach even if he is not your choice

I guess i can agree with that Essex.

(01-09-2019, 05:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think ZacTaylor had a lot of input in the game planning and he helped thei Los Angeles Rams quarterback tremendously.  McVay gave high praise and the praise did not sound like phoney baloney.  Great leadership good communicator pays attention to details.

Yeah, McVay had nothing but great things to say about the guy, he is young and i found it pretty amazing how much Goff improved under him since his rookie year. McVay also said he did a lot more in LA than just coach up Goff too. Gained a ton of experience there since he was OC of the Bearcats.

(01-09-2019, 05:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well I guess the Jets did also and we have heard nothing from them either, since he is lining up interviews after Jets.. with the 24/7 news and social network.. I say they have not made anything official yet or we would know

What I'm hearing is the New York Jets already have in mind Mike McCarthy.

I don't think it's illegal or unethical for the committee to indicate to the candidate their first choice.

RE: The search appears over for HC - XsandOs - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 05:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well I guess the Jets did also and we have heard nothing from them either, since he is lining up interviews after Jets.. with the 24/7 news and social network.. I say they have not made anything official yet or we would know

Given that I don't think Simmons is ready, Joseph should be the next DC.

That may be the only announcement. Unless Hue is promoted - which could happen.

We need CI on NFC West, so don't see how you can lure Taylor away without offering at least OC.

That would mean Lazor is out.

(01-09-2019, 05:52 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't think it's illegal or unethical for the committee to indicate to the candidate their first choice.

Yes, it just won't be officially announced until the Rams or Chiefs are out of the playoffs.

(01-09-2019, 05:54 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Given that I don't think Simmons is ready, Joseph should be the next DC.

That may be the only announcement. Unless Hue is promoted - which could happen.

Yep, but don't see it being Hue unless he is the OC...

RE: The search appears over for HC - Nebuchadnezzar - 01-09-2019

I think the Bengals are going to have a new HC, OC and DC.

I believe that the

HC is going to be Beinemy for four years
OC is going to be Taylor for two years
DC is going to be Joseph for two years

I believe all three have agreed to come to Cincinnati and even have contracts signed so no one will be backing out.

This is just a gut feeling, I have no rhyme or reason for this.

(01-09-2019, 05:56 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I think the Bengals are going to have a new HC, OC and DC.

I believe that the

I believe all three have agreed to come to Cincinnati and even have contracts signed so no one will be backing out.

Would be very happy with this, hope you are correct Neb.

RE: The search appears over for HC - mon4078 - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 05:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I guess i can agree with that Essex.

Yeah, McVay had nothing but great things to say about the guy, he is young and i found it pretty amazing how much Goff improved under him since his rookie year. McVay also said he did a lot more in LA than just coach up Goff too. Gained a ton of experience there since he was OC of the Bearcats.

Ok thinks, glad to hear that he is regarded so highly by Mcvay. Hopefully it will be him the team needs a fresh start.

RE: The search appears over for HC - XenoMorph - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 05:56 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I think the Bengals are going to have a new HC, OC and DC.

I believe that the

could be... maybe in Beinemy's interview they asked who he would want his staff to be then went and interviewed those guys too.

RE: The search appears over for HC - bengalfan74 - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 02:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Crossing fingers and toes for an external hire.

Me 2 brother

(01-09-2019, 02:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, if they're not waiting to interview anyone else for HC, that are coaching in playoff games this weekend, they might as well get on with it.  With the rate that teams have been naming HCs in the past few days, the scramble for coordinators and position coaches should be pretty intense.

I'd bet they'll start going like hot cakes !

(01-09-2019, 02:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If Dehner is right that the interview process is over, then if they're wanting Taylor or Bieniemy they would still have to wait to hire them. Maybe they go Monken, who they could announce at any time.

(01-09-2019, 02:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: I personally feel that the decision has been made.....and we're waiting on a team to fall out of the playoffs. Cool

Some of these other interviews, may be coordinator positions that have already been discussed with the soon to be HC.  A guy can hope anyway.....

I'm guessing that's what the hold up is, waiting on the playoffs  ? I hope anyways

RE: The search appears over for HC - rfaulk34 - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why? Makes no sense. Did you just change your mind on this Psych? I was with you on your previous post and now you think they would wait this long to announce an inside hire after they interviewed a bunch of outside candidates and even flew out to LA to interview Taylor and Waldron?

I don't think it will be an inside hire at all, this would just keep the stadium empty and pretty much destroy the franchise. From all the moves they have made over the last year or so i don't see them committing bidness suicide at this time.

Yeah, but what if they did all that as a smoke screen to say "well, we tried but couldn't come to terms (they were asking too much) or couldn't find a fit better than (insert cronie here)". 

"Welcome our new HC Lazorhuejosephetc."

RE: The search appears over for HC - rfaulk34 - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 04:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man!  That's like faulting a Sergeant for not being able to win the battle with a bunch of one legged foot soldiers, his sniper missing his good eye, and a developmentally disables recon team..

But it's not blaming if the Sergeant doesn't do anything to try and compensate for the shortcomings. 

It's just the troof!

(01-09-2019, 06:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah, but what if they did all that as a smoke screen to say "well, we tried but couldn't come to terms (they were asking too much) or couldn't find a fit better than (insert cronie here)". 

"Welcome our new HC Lazorhuejosephetc."

NO, please

RE: The search appears over for HC - Quantum Bengal - 01-09-2019

http://www.fox19.com/2019/01/09/source-bengals-looking-outside-hire-with-offensive-background/

good news