Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The search appears over for HC
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/09/cincinnati-bengals-coach-search-nearing-conclusion/2517338002/

perhaps we'll hear soon ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dehner says the Bengals are not interviewing any more candidates -> https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/09/cincinnati-bengals-coach-search-nearing-conclusion/2517338002/ .

So this is what were looking at:

INTERNAL
Hue Jackson
Vance Joseph
Darrin Simmons
Bill Lazor

EXTERNAL
Eric Bieniemy
Todd Monken
Zac Taylor
Shane Waldron
Reply/Quote
Eh... would’ve liked the Colts DC to get an interview. And Kris Richard.

Honestly, this just worries me a bit more. I’d like Bieniemy at HC and Taylor at OC though.
Reply/Quote
Crossing fingers and toes for an external hire.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:20 PM)thillan Wrote: Eh... would’ve liked the Colts DC to get an interview. And Kris Richard.

Honestly, this just worries me a bit more. I’d like Bieniemy at HC and Taylor at OC though.

Gotta make a call soon or lose out on potential coordinators as the new HCs build their staffs
Reply/Quote
Well, if they're not waiting to interview anyone else for HC, that are coaching in playoff games this weekend, they might as well get on with it. With the rate that teams have been naming HCs in the past few days, the scramble for coordinators and position coaches should be pretty intense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Who they choose will tell us everything we need to know about this team. In house is just a continuation of status quo without Marvin Lewis and External is a change in culture.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/09/cincinnati-bengals-coach-search-nearing-conclusion/2517338002/

perhaps we'll hear soon ?

If Dehner is right that the interview process is over, then if they're wanting Taylor or Bieniemy they would still have to wait to hire them. Maybe they go Monken, who they could announce at any time.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:26 PM)Okeana Wrote: Who they choose will tell us everything we need to know about this team.  In house is just a continuation of status quo without Marvin Lewis and External is a change in culture.

External will be a POSSIBLE change in culture; they could also hire externally and run things the same way. Hiring internal will mean zero chance of any change.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If Dehner is right that the interview process is over, then if they want Taylor or Bieniemy still still have to wait. Maybe they go Monken, who they could announce at any time.

If I recall, they can offer the position to a coach in the playoffs but they cannot announce it until after that coach's team is done.  Am I remembering that correctly?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If Dehner is right that the interview process is over, then I sure as hell hope their choice is either Taylor, Bieniemy or Monken.  

I would think if it’s monken there is no real reason to delay the announcement. If it’s one of others they’re probably waiting until that team is eliminated before it’s made public

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, if they're not waiting to interview anyone else for HC, that are coaching in playoff games this weekend, they might as well get on with it.  With the rate that teams have been naming HCs in the past few days, the scramble for coordinators and position coaches should be pretty intense.

Bieniemy HC, Hue OC, Vance DC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bieniemy HC, Hue OC, Vance DC.

Recipe for utter disaster. Does anyone think Hue's ego would allow him to fall in line under a first time HC who got the job he wanted? One word comes to minf--undermine.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If Dehner is right that the interview process is over, then if they're wanting Taylor or Bieniemy they would still have to wait to hire them. Maybe they go Monken, who they could announce at any time.

I personally feel that the decision has been made.....and we're waiting on a team to fall out of the playoffs. Cool

Some of these other interviews, may be coordinator positions that have already been discussed with the soon to be HC.  A guy can hope anyway.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Todd Monken is in Jacksonville interviewing for the OC position today.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Browns let Greg Williams go, I'd go get him for DC.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: I personally feel that the decision has been made.....and we're waiting on a team to fall out of the playoffs. Cool

Some of these other interviews, may be coordinator positions that have already been discussed with the soon to be HC.  A guy can hope anyway.....

That's my hope as well brother.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
It's going to be either Vance or Hue isn't it?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
My hope is that it will be Eric Bieniemy.

My fear is that it will be Hue Jackson, Bill Lazor or Darrin Simmons.

My expectation is it will be Vance Joseph.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: I personally feel that the decision has been made.....and we're waiting on a team to fall out of the playoffs. Cool

Wanting to interview Gary Kubiak for OC tells me the front office is willing to move on from Bill Lazor.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote