Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The search appears over for HC
(01-09-2019, 02:44 PM)Synric Wrote: Todd Monken is in Jacksonville interviewing for the OC position today.

Well, that would seem to eliminate Monken, assuming that they have already decided who they want.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:32 PM)Earendil Wrote: If I recall, they can offer the position to a coach in the playoffs but they cannot announce it until after that coach's team is done.  Am I remembering that correctly?

right more for the disruption it would cause to the team the coach is still working for.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Wanting to interview Gary Kubiak for OC tells me the front office is willing to move on from Bill Lazor.

Or that they were promoting Lazor.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Well, that would seem to eliminate Monken, assuming that they have already decided who they want.

Who knows if this means they know who they want or just know who they want for 2nd interviews lol

only external other than monken we could announce is joseph...  So if its not monken lets hope we have to wait till Monday.
Reply/Quote
If they are in fact done interviewing people ... then if it is an internal guy or Monken you would think an announcement would be made next few days since none of them are in the playoffs.

But if we don't hear anything for the next few days then I would think it's Bieniemy, Taylor or Waldron.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Wanting to interview Gary Kubiak for OC tells me the front office is willing to move on from Bill Lazor.

The offense really took a decline as the year went on. Yes, AJ and Eifert went down, but we didn't really see the team utilize Mixon and Bernard more due to the health of the receivers. Instead, he kept trying to push the short passing game with lesser talent and it failed. I'd be fine seeing someone else as OC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And the nerves start to set in...
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:39 PM)McC Wrote: Recipe for utter disaster. Does anyone think Hue's ego would allow him to fall in line under a first time HC who got the job he wanted?  One word comes to minf--undermine.

Just like how Gregg Williams is not staying in Cleveland with the new head coach.

More nervous about this than for a game against Pittsburgh. I don't think any candidate will have me jumping for joy, but there are plenty that will piss me off. 
Reply/Quote
I’m scared to death.

Reply/Quote

Me too, or that it was discussed with the potential head man.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:20 PM)thillan Wrote: Eh... would’ve liked the Colts DC to get an interview. And Kris Richard.

Honestly, this just worries me a bit more. I’d like Bieniemy at HC and Taylor at OC though.

Just what i was thinking Thillan, but hey, sure would be fine with that.

This would reignite the fan base and the team IMO.

Beinemy as the HC, Taylor as the OC, let Beinemy pick his DC and assistants than if Beinemy doesn't work out in a couple years than give Taylor a shot at HC. But in the end Taylor was interviewed for the HC job i am pretty sure. Anyone of Beinemy, Taylor, Monken would be great in my eyes.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bieniemy HC, Hue OC, Vance DC.

I seriously want that bald headed coward gone!!! If he becomes head coach I’m gone. I’d he even sticks around whatsoever I’m gonna consider another team
Reply/Quote

Or promote him. Or hire Vance Joseph considering they are familiar with one another.

Them wanting Kubiak was disconcerting to me.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just what i was thinking Thillan, but hey, sure would be fine with that.

This would reignite the fan base and the team IMO.

Beinemy as the HC, Taylor as the OC, let Beinemy pick his DC and assistants than if Beinemy doesn't work out in a couple years than give Taylor a shot at HC. But in the end Taylor was interviewed for the HC job i am pretty sure. Anyone of Beinemy, Taylor, Monken would be great in my eyes.

Beinemy as HC and Monken as OC would match both are coming from the new Air Raid/Coryell system. 

Zac Taylor on the other hand comes from a WCO scheme.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Beinemy as HC and Monken as OC would match both are coming from the new Air Raid/Coryell system. 

Zac Taylor on the other hand comes from a WCO scheme.

But is Monken still the TB OC? If so, what would be the advantage of a lateral move like that? Not arguing, just don’t see why he would make a move like that.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:21 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: But is Monken still the TB OC? If so, would be the advantage of a lateral move like that? Not arguing, just don’t see why he would make a move like that.

He's interviewing for the Jaguars OC job today. Maybe he's on the outs in Tampa Bay.

Arians does bring a staff with him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Looks like Miami will end up with Richard.

Please Bengals, give us someone we can atleast be excited about.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:13 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Or promote him. Or hire Vance Joseph considering they are familiar with one another.

Them wanting Kubiak was disconcerting to me.

kubiak doesn't want to be a HC anymore....

But a Coordinator with HC experience would be valuable to a 1st time HC
Reply/Quote
If this is accurate, it is NOT a good sign.
Shit.
FML.
It would rule out Taylor, Waldron, and Eric. The fact Monken is interviewing for OC elsewhere means Monken is out.

IT MEANS INTERNAL CANDIDATE. (And that includes Joseph in my mind because of the Lewis connection, which I think is the strongest interval candidate and likely choice).
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote