It seems it is NOT Joseph...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I doubt Bengals fans have been this excited since Burfict got that INT in the waning moments of that playoff game vs the Steelers in 2015. Here is hoping we aren't filled with that hard to describe feeling of shock and yet not surprised feeling yet again.

Ok, I'll stop with the trolling...this is seriously some rare earth upon which we are treading now, though.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Right now I'm just imagining Hue being announced as the HC but the Bengals waiting until after the Chiefs are done to do so.  That would probably be the most epic slap in the face, ever.

Probably the cynical in us, but I agree. They can then claim they did their due diligence on a thorough search. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I about had a freaking heart attack     Shocked

Calm down and have a brewski or somethin Psych, damn.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:44 PM)samhain Wrote: I think it's Vance.  Blah.

I think it can be Vance.....and that will absolutely SUCK!!!!!!  He has really shown zero even as a coordinator.  It's just more of the same if they go Vance.  We desperately need a fresh start.  This organization MUST see that........Right?

They can't be that stupid??

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:49 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Something else worth noting...

That seems like a very good sign.  I feel like Vance was the "we really want to hire Hue, but we know that will cause a riot" HC hire.  Even with all the heart-stomping the Bengals have done, I really truly and sincerely doubt they'd hire Hue.  This makes me think they may have gone in on the risky but trendy pick of the inexperienced offensive-minded guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:50 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: I think it can be Vance.....and that will absolutely SUCK!!!!!!  He has really shown zero even as a coordinator.  It's just more of the same if they go Vance.  We desperately need a fresh start.  This organization MUST see that........Right?

They can't be that stupid??

If we were owned by anybody other than Mike Brown I would agree.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:49 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Something else worth noting...

This is what I'm seeing too.  Another good sign, if they have their man, and he's still in the playoffs, they haven't been turned down. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:37 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Didn’t you quit being a fan a few times already during the season? Ever hear of the boy who cried wolf?

No I never quit being a fan for in thing but something like this would push me and many others over the edge
Reply/Quote
How I’m looking at it, if it’s anybody other than an internal hire(I consider Joseph in this group) I’ll be happy,
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Calm down and have a brewski or somethin Psych, damn.

This is what happens to thirty something years of being a Bengal fan, most under Mike "Freaking" Brown. Logic and all decorum goes out the window man.
Say What Smack
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:51 PM)tBengal Wrote: If we were owned by anybody other than Mike Brown I would agree.

Me too, but you should check out my thread on us "dumb message board fans".  Reports say that all candidates interviewed were sat down with Troy, Katie, Paul, and Tobin.  Mike Brown was nowhere to be seen, and not involved whatsoever in the interview process.  Maybe, the times are changing.

Reply/Quote
I will also admit it's a little amusing to admit that we are mostly begging and hoping that our FO doesn't do anything crazy like hire a guy with actual experience when there is a slam-dunk of an inexperienced coordinator who was a troubled off the field player during our darkest decade is available.

Lordly loo, I can see the headlines now....BENGALS REACH BACK INTO DARK DECADE FOR POSSIBLE SALVATION
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That seems like a very good sign.  I feel like Vance was the "we really want to hire Hue, but we know that will cause a riot" HC hire.  Even with all the heart-stomping the Bengals have done, I really truly and sincerely doubt they'd hire Hue.  This makes me think they may have gone in on the risky but trendy pick of the inexperienced offensive-minded guy.

I am thinking it was their first choice in Zac "the rack" Taylor...I just made this up by-the-way because I am still having a melt down that it was an internal hire...   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:45 PM)ZWP Wrote: Browns let Greg Williams go, I'd go get him for DC.

We should hire him. That way when we fire hue, he can win us some games.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is what I'm seeing too.  Another good sign, if they have their man, and he's still in the playoffs, they haven't been turned down. :andy:

If all the information is correct and they are NOT announcing today, it has to be Zac Taylor.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I will also admit it's a little amusing to admit that we are mostly begging and hoping that our FO doesn't do anything crazy like hire a guy with actual experience when there is a slam-dunk of an inexperienced coordinator who was a troubled off the field player during our darkest decade is available.

Lordly loo, I can see the headlines now....BENGALS REACH BACK INTO DARK DECADE FOR POSSIBLE SALVATION

Yep
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Personally I don't see the huge turnover everyone seems to want, but I have actually been wrong a time or two. I know! Hard to believe its't it? Me wrong? Write it down in your diaries folks.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Me too, but you should check out my thread on us "dumb message board fans".  Reports say that all candidates interviewed were sat down with Troy, Katie, Paul, and Tobin.  Mike Brown was nowhere to be seen, and not involved whatsoever in the interview process.  Maybe, the times are changing.

That is the super freaky part.  If we don't like the HC hire we won't be able to blame it on a guy who might be um...no longer making decisions, any year now.  Personally, I think the new decision makers go overboard on NOT being Mike Brown and make a risky hire in order to appease us in the short-term.

Time will tell if that was the right decision.  Just my take.  I feel like we are about to spend a weekend with our non-custodial parent that we know is going to go way overboard to try to seem like the hip and fun one.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If all the information is correct and they are NOT announcing today, it has to be Zac Taylor.  

I'd be fine with that......could it be that he brings Waldron with him?

Reply/Quote