Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The search appears over for HC
(01-09-2019, 03:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Todd Bowles is also reuniting with Arians in Tampa.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/todd-bowles-byron-leftwich-to-join-buccaneers%E2%80%99-staff/ar-BBRZjjq

They said that might not happen now that the bears DC job is open
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:15 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: There is something to be said for getting respect for the Family Name. I think Katie has seen how her father has not put the Brown family name in good standing with the city and the NFL as a whole. I hope she goes on a mission to bring respect and honor back to her father and grandfather. Nothing can do that like a Lombardi Trophy can. Fingers crossed.

It'd be funny if a Blackburn was able to return the Brown name to glory. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: They said that might not happen now that the bears DC job is open

Interesting.....I'm sure any DC would be drooling at the chance for that gig.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It'd be funny if a Blackburn was able to return the Brown name to glory. Smirk

hey there is still a Paul Brown in that Front office...  so theres hope. lol
Reply/Quote
Kubiak to OC in Denver.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-broncos-to-hire-gary-kubiak-as-oc/ar-BBS1Jqi

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think he would bring in Waldron as OC but have no real basis for this statement other than they were both involved in the success of the Rams offense and have worked closely together and were interviewed via a flight to L.A.

This would make a lot of sense and everyone would love it.

Do it, do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This would make a lot of sense and everyone would love it.

Do it, do it.

Good chance Joseph is new DC
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Good chance Joseph is new DC

Would be fine with it, much better than Austin but i guess anyone would be.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:09 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Looks like it's either Bieniemy, Taylor or Monken.

Yes. I’ll take Taylor
Reply/Quote
Taylor HC, Waldron OC, Joseph DC

Do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Crossing fingers and toes for an external hire.

I think it will be between Monken, Joseph and Bieniemy , I might give Joseph the edge since he was in two meetings with them.. plus lack of minority coaches in the league even more
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think it will be between Monken, Joseph and Bieniemy , I might give Joseph the edge since he was in two meetings with them.. plus lack of minority coaches in the league even more

Race should have nothing to do with it. Joseph has not earned a Head Coaching gig, he should be the DC if anything. Monken is in Jacksonville, Beinemy i could see but i think the most likely is what Psych and i are saying with Zac Taylor HC, Waldron OC and Vance Joseph as the DC.
Reply/Quote
I think Monken is out of the running because he is still interviewing for offensive coordinator positions.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 05:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Monken is out of the running because he is still interviewing for offensive coordinator positions.

or he's putting pressure on the Bengals to make a decision....or simply covering all his bases.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don't think Waldron will be OC. Taylor has a past with Lazor and the Bengals I believe want to keep him so the fit is there. LA won't lose both of them. They'll offer Waldron OC to keep him.

If Lazor is out and Zac is the pick, they will likely go with his brother Press Taylor (who has worked wonders with Wentz and Foles) Who I have no problem with him bringing with him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Race should have nothing to do with it. Joseph has not earned a Head Coaching gig, he should be the DC if anything. Monken is in Jacksonville, Beinemy i could see but i think the most likely is what Psych and i are saying with Zac Taylor HC, Waldron OC and Vance Joseph as the DC.

In a perfect world you are right about race but in a perfect world we would not have the Rooney Rule.  As for Joseph sure he should be considered.. many Head Coaches get hired after a losing record somewhere else, I also blame more on their GM than Vance for Denvers downturn over last couple years.. If we are going to say qualified what has Taylor done that qualifies him as a Head Coach... 
Reply/Quote
Can someone explain to me why everyone is so high on Taylor. I'm not trying to be a downer but the year he was at UC the offense wasn't that good and seemed to make a lot of mistakes. Did he call plays for the Rams? I really would like to know what everyone sees in him.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: They said that might not happen now that the bears DC job is open

Apparently, the Bucs worked out the offset with the Jets so Bowles as DC is done.

Ken Zampese is back on the street.  Browns let him go as QB coach.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Please hire someone outside the organization. Zac Taylor or Bienemy
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 05:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Monken is out of the running because he is still interviewing for offensive coordinator positions.

He does not have a job.. of course he is going to interview with others.. he just interviewed for Jets job yesterday.. 

I would keep interviewing for a job regardless until I hear from a team
Reply/Quote