Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The search appears over for HC
(01-09-2019, 03:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That is the super freaky part.  If we don't like the HC hire we won't be able to blame it on a guy who might be um...no longer making decisions, any year now.  Personally, I think the new decision makers go overboard on NOT being Mike Brown and make a risky hire in order to appease us in the short-term.

Time will tell if that was the right decision.  Just my take.  I feel like we are about to spend a weekend with our non-custodial parent that we know is going to go way overboard to try to seem like the hip and fun one.

I'm with you.  Hey, if the guy fails, at least you shot the moon, so to speak.  They key will be in knowing when to say when and pull the plug in a timely fashion if that winds up happening.  Again, that would be un-Mikey-like.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
where are you guys getting your information at? 

I'm totally convinced its Hue.  he's just getting his staff put together.  Some high profile assistants to really get the fan base fired up and hopeful for the upcoming season. 

Its Hue for a couple reasons,

1. Marv gave his blessing
and 2.  The Browns have already said, they don't give a damn about the fans reaction.  they are doing what is best for business, and right now, business is best with Marvin 2.0, I mean Hue Jackson. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:53 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is what happens to thirty something years of being a Bengal fan, most under Mike "Freaking" Brown. Logic and all decorum goes out the window man.
Say What Smack

I getcha brother.

(01-09-2019, 03:54 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Me too, but you should check out my thread on us "dumb message board fans".  Reports say that all candidates interviewed were sat down with Troy, Katie, Paul, and Tobin.  Mike Brown was nowhere to be seen, and not involved whatsoever in the interview process.  Maybe, the times are changing.

Yep.

(01-09-2019, 03:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If all the information is correct and they are NOT announcing today, it has to be Zac Taylor.  

This is the way i am leaning. Taylor or Beinemy, but i think Taylor is now in the lead and i would be ecstatic with the hire.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The offense really took a decline as the year went on. Yes, AJ and Eifert went down, but we didn't really see the team utilize Mixon and Bernard more due to the health of the receivers. Instead, he kept trying to push the short passing game with lesser talent and it failed. I'd be fine seeing someone else as OC.

Me too. Lazor was fine when all the pieces were in place. Kind of like Dalton. But when he needed to be creative, he couldn't or wouldn't. Either way is bad. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'd be fine with that......could it be that he brings Waldron with him?

I think he would bring in Waldron as OC but have no real basis for this statement other than they were both involved in the success of the Rams offense and have worked closely together and were interviewed via a flight to L.A.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm with you.  Hey, if the guy fails, at least you shot the moon, so to speak.  They key will be in knowing when to say when and pull the plug in a timely fashion if that winds up happening.  Again, that would be un-Mikey-like.

At the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if Katie and company don't just pull a 180.  I was pretty on-board with my ol' man's beliefs and techniques and that was without him making me like...a billion bucks.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think he would bring in Waldron as OC but have no real basis for this statement other than they were both involved in the success of the Rams offense and have worked closely together and were interviewed via a flight to L.A.

Yep.....which is why I posed the question....kinda seems like a package deal, doesn't it?

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I getcha brother.

Yep.

This is the way i am leaning. Taylor or Beinemy, but i think Taylor is now in the lead and i would be ecstatic with the hire.

He is my first choice.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.....which is why I posed the question....kinda seems like a package deal, doesn't it?

It sure would be exciting.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: At the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if Katie and company don't just pull a 180.  I was pretty on-board with my ol' man's beliefs and techniques and that was without him making me like...a billion bucks.

I was too, but I tweaked them a little bit, advanced and adapted them to the times, and put a bit of my own stamp on them.  Even the old man would tell you that. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Me too. Lazor was fine when all the pieces were in place. Kind of like Dalton. But when he needed to be creative, he couldn't or wouldn't. Either way is bad. 

C'mon man!  That's like faulting a Sergeant for not being able to win the battle with a bunch of one legged foot soldiers, his sniper missing his good eye, and a developmentally disables recon team..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Looks like it's either Bieniemy, Taylor or Monken.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man!  That's like faulting a Sergeant for not being able to win the battle with a bunch of one legged foot soldiers, his sniper missing his good eye, and a developmentally disables recon team..

Any time someone says Sergeant I picture Sgt. Slaughter.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Me too. Lazor was fine when all the pieces were in place. Kind of like Dalton. But when he needed to be creative, he couldn't or wouldn't. Either way is bad. 

The second Baltimore game was an eye opener. Even though it wasn't working Lazor consistantly tried to run behind center and asked Andy to throw into very tight windows inside to Boyd who was being doubled the whole game. He ran a single screen and didn't use any rubs or crossers even though Ravens ran mostly man coverage.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was too, but I tweaked them a little bit, advanced and adapted them to the times, and put a bit of my own stamp on them.  Even the old man would tell you that. :andy:

There is something to be said for getting respect for the Family Name. I think Katie has seen how her father has not put the Brown family name in good standing with the city and the NFL as a whole. I hope she goes on a mission to bring respect and honor back to her father and grandfather. Nothing can do that like a Lombardi Trophy can. Fingers crossed.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: where are you guys getting your information at? 

I'm totally convinced its Hue.  he's just getting his staff put together.  Some high profile assistants to really get the fan base fired up and hopeful for the upcoming season. 

Its Hue for a couple reasons,

1. Marv gave his blessing
and 2.  The Browns have already said, they don't give a damn about the fans reaction.  they are doing what is best for business, and right now, business is best with Marvin 2.0, I mean Hue Jackson. 
From everything I have read, Brown is actually worried about the back lash that will come from the media and fans if he hires Hue..
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man!  That's like faulting a Sergeant for not being able to win the battle with a bunch of one legged foot soldiers, his sniper missing his good eye, and a developmentally disables recon team..

LMAO, btw spot on!
Reply/Quote
If they don't announce today I'm betting on Eric Beiniemy or Zac Taylor.

Edit: If they hire Beiniemy do we get to call him Mr. Bean?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.....which is why I posed the question....kinda seems like a package deal, doesn't it?

would like it... both are really young... Which works for us cause we don't hire HCs often lol 

I'm happy with any of the outside candidate's that never coached for us before.
Reply/Quote
just so we are all on the same page we are hoping the chiefs and rams lose this weekend so we can have our next HC right?
Reply/Quote