Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report-Bengals releasing assistants (/Thread-Report-Bengals-releasing-assistants)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - THE PISTONS - 01-10-2019

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - wolfkaosaun - 01-10-2019

Sounds like they're cleaning house right now; which is good.

Could mean that whoever they hire in the next few weeks is going to basically pick his staff; which I'm completely fine with.

I hope they keep Van Pelt and Pollack though. Kyle Casey has also done well as of recent.

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Synric - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:37 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: No he doesn't, that is what you want to see.  Plus the defenders helmet gives a false since of Mixon's end.

Mixon tucks his body and leans backward to absorb the hit.

He does this a lot. 

Sure he does get hit, but he doesn't deliver the hit as much as he is absorbing them and leaning back.  That is why his 3rd and shorts were stopped most of the time.

So your saying proper technique of securing the ball dropping his shoulder to absorb hits is being timid?

Stop.

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Sled21 - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:37 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: No he doesn't, that is what you want to see.  Plus the defenders helmet gives a false since of Mixon's end.

Mixon tucks his body and leans backward to absorb the hit.

He does this a lot. 

Sure he does get hit, but he doesn't deliver the hit as much as he is absorbing them and leaning back.  That is why his 3rd and shorts were stopped most of the time.

I think you're holdout this year was a mistake, the stooges replaced you.... now you have to find another team..... Hilarious

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks to you and The Real Deal for these posts bringing us back to the thread at hand.

Sounds like an Offensive mind for sure, Hayes was a Marv guy, never been too impressed with him. Was it Caskey that was the RB's coach? Either way i like seeing this, just want to see Hue and Lazor gone next.

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly, you didn't like the pick originally, your guy was Dalvin Cook, but he had his problems off the field too but another great talent. So far Mixon has been the better of the two but i think Dalvin will become a great player in his own right. So true about Mixon and contact, he embraces it, i don't know what the hell this guy is talking about. A decent O-line and this guy's future is as bright as any Back in the League.

Yep Cook got off to a hot start, but injuries have hampered him.  The issue was the video for me, it was very hard to watch.  However, as I said, he's been quiet off of the field.....exactly what the doctor ordered.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Vas Deferens - 01-10-2019

mods aren't as respectful when they 'let someone go' around here.  

intentionally riling up some of the nicest guys on the board.  hell of a long play to warm up a handle for a year just to blow it up over a coach selection, but wouldn't put it past some 3 river scuzz.  

hoping to hear about BIENIEMY real soon!

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - XenoMorph - 01-10-2019

Thought Casey was a good RB Coach for us... but new HC might already have a guy

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - YsCascadia - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think you're holdout this year was a mistake, the stooges replaced you.... now you have to find another team..... Hilarious

Maybe with the Bengals... since they like their RBs timid.  At least with Bell people with respect the run.

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - wolfkaosaun - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

(01-10-2019, 03:40 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Sounds like they're cleaning house right now; which is good.

Could mean that whoever they hire in the next few weeks is going to basically pick his staff; which I'm completely fine with.

I hope they keep Van Pelt and Pollack though. Kyle Casey has also done well as of recent.

Well crap, awful timing lol

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - BengalChris - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:30 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Really... then John Ross is a great WR because of a highlight reel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rZFftoTfqY

Here is a highlight reel of Mixon....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQJAmGrI7bo

Look how many times he meets defenders HEAD on.  He doesn't, sure it is a highlight reel, so it LOOKS good, but you see him shying away from contact.

Mixon's job is to get yards, not make contact with defenders, unless, of course, he's being a blocker.

I didn't know Ross had a highlight reel longer than 10 seconds.

Now, back to thread, I'm happy to see the team actually move forward for a change.

(01-10-2019, 03:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Thought Casey was a good RB Coach for us...   but new HC might already have a guy

Yes...that was a bit surprising, but they must be firing them all.

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - fozzie11 - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Thought Casey was a good RB Coach for us...   but new HC might already have a guy

wasn't bienemy the RB coach in KC? he might know a thing or two, and have his own guy in mind

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Pat5775 - 01-10-2019

Caskey being let go is a bit of a surprise... but I’m not against it. Fresh faces all around please Cool

Now why hasn’t it been announced that lazor and hue are gone yet? Nervous

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - McC - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:34 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Great comeback... just stick your fingers in your ears and scream LALALALALA.

Just like everyone else.  Not refuting what I said, but going with pure emotion. 

Keep crying.

Video disputes what you said.  Numbers dispute what you said.  Reality disputes what you said.  Timid people do not average 4.8 yards a carry and lead the conference in rushing while missing two games.  

You sir, have been disputed beyond all dispute.

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:34 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Great comeback... just stick your fingers in your ears and scream LALALALALA.

Just like everyone else.  Not refuting what I said, but going with pure emotion. 

Keep crying.

(01-10-2019, 03:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And I repeat; Stop it.

In regards to the bold, you are SO damn lucky I can't access Youtube at work, otherwise I would insert your foot in your mouth a bunch of times.

Stop it.

Uses hyperbole and makes, "childish noises," but *I'm* the one showing emotions.

(01-10-2019, 03:37 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Mixon tucks his body and leans backward to absorb the hit.

Wha...?

That isn't even physically possible, when moving/diving forward.

What is he, an alien?

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - fozzie11 - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:44 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Caskey being let go is a bit of a surprise... but I’m not against it. Fresh faces all around please Cool

Now why hasn’t it been announced that lazor and hue are gone yet? Nervous

well Hue isn't under contract, and they are both "candidates" so the bengals probably don't want to tip their hands too much just yet

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - jason - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:20 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Gotta agree.....for as much as I was against the pick originally, I like what he has done out there on the field.....and has been quiet off of it.  He has also shown some leadership in the locker room, which is an added bonus.  You know, Nate, that no one can say I'm saying good things about Joe Mixon because he is my favorite player.  I'm saying them because they're true.  I'm warming up to the kid, fast.  I've never seen him afraid to make contact, and certainly no lack of effort.  What he did behind this line with stacked boxes at the end of the season is quite remarkable.

I do remember you being dead set against drafting him. I have a daughter, and what he did was straight bullshit, but Joe Mixon was THE best RB prospect in that draft... Better than Kamara. Yep I said it. Put Joe Mixon on that Saints offense, and see what happens. I like Kamara coming out, but that was only if someone took Mixon before we did.

This guy's list of better backs in another thread included Phillip Lindsay. I like Lindsay, but c'mon.

As to the topic at hand... Good. I'm glad they're releasing guys. About time that act like an NFL franchise.

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Stewy - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:44 PM)McC Wrote: Video disputes what you said.  Numbers dispute what you said.  Reality disputes what you said.  Timid people do not average 4.8 yards a carry and lead the conference in rushing while missing two games.  

You sir, have been disputed beyond all dispute.

He is the newly minted second person on my ignore list.  Being 1 of 2 puts him in elite (or pathetic) company.