Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Dalton - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Dalton (/Thread-If-Kyler-Murray-is-sitting-there-at-pick-11-then-I-would-take-him-Trade-Dalton)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - sandwedge - 03-27-2019

(03-27-2019, 09:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: This, I'd rather draft one over the next two years...and fix holes this season.

Spot on! 

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-27-2019

(03-27-2019, 11:56 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Murray and Akili Smith are not similar prospects. Murray is a better athlete by several magnitudes.

One year wonder and flop for the Bengals was kinda the gist.....both have/had supposed good arms, but when it comes to running, yeah, Murray beats him in spades.

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - jason - 03-27-2019

(03-27-2019, 01:50 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: One year wonder and flop for the Bengals was kinda the gist.....both have/had supposed good arms, but when it comes to running, yeah, Murray beats him in spades.

If he comes here, his ass will need to be running...

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - psychdoctor - 03-27-2019

The QB to keep an eye on is not Haskins or Murray but Daniel Jones from Duke. If Jones is there in round two the bengals will likely take him. Also, even if they skip Jones, then Stidham in round 3-4 will happen or Grier or Finely. I don't think they only go with Dalton and Driskel this upcoming season.

The Bengals need an impact player and Murray may be that player but would he play or just sit a year behind Dalton?

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Dalton - Nately120 - 03-27-2019

In all fairness, unless something drastic happens to Dalton in the next 2-8 years we might not technically "need" a QB until the ZT era is over. Dalton is a decent QB who seems to like playing in Cincy, so I don't see QB being our "biggest need" any time soon.

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - depthchart - 03-27-2019

(03-27-2019, 02:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, unless something drastic happens to Dalton in the next 2-8 years we might not technically "need" a QB until the ZT era is over.  Dalton is a decent QB who seems to like playing in Cincy, so I don't see QB being our "biggest need" any time soon.

Dalton is good and he will likely be our future for those 2-8 years.

What side of the fence people are on about replacing Dalton likely really depends on how potentially Great the replacement option is in their eyes.

If someone doesn't like the option then they can "want to fill holes now" instead.

If these same folks thought the next Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson was really to be had if the Bengals simply just Drafted him, then they may change their tune about filling those holes.

Those that scream that drafting a QB in round one of the 2019 Draft is just the venom of a "Dalton hater" may find themselves to be labeled as Dalton haters should a QB they think is the next Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson be just sitting there in a Draft to take and they themselves decide that they would take him. Not so sure they would ride or die with Dalton no matter what and pass on what they deep down think is really a Great upgrade option.

The Bengals are in a similar situation to the Raiders. Both have good starters (Dalton/Carr) that won't be easy to upgrade from. The Raiders seem to be kicking the tires of this year's QB class and would likely only pull the trigger on one of them in the first round if they felt that player had a solid chance to be a better option than Derek Carr. The Bengals may kick some QB tires too.

How loyal someone is to Dalton may simply be a factor of how Great they think the replacement option might be.

Love or hate of Dalton may then become a non factor even to those that yell "Dalton hater" at the drop of a hat.

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - Nately120 - 03-27-2019

(03-27-2019, 02:46 PM)depthchart Wrote: Dalton is good and he will likely be our future for those 2-8 years.

What side of the fence people are on about replacing Dalton likely really depends on how potentially Great the replacement option is in their eyes.

If someone doesn't like the option then they can "want to fill holes now" instead.

If these same folks thought the next Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson was really to be had if the Bengals simply just Drafted him, then they may change their tune about filling those holes.

Those that scream that drafting a QB in round one of the 2019 Draft is just the venom of a "Dalton hater" may find themselves to be labeled as Dalton haters should a QB they think is the next Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson be just sitting there in a Draft to take and they themselves decide that they would take him. Not so sure they would ride or die with Dalton no matter what and pass on what they deep down think is really a Great upgrade option.

The Bengals are in a similar situation to the Raiders. Both have good starters (Dalton/Carr) that won't be easy to upgrade from. The Raiders seem to be kicking the tires of this year's QB class and would likely only pull the trigger on one of them in the first round if they felt that player had a solid chance to be a better option than Derek Carr. The Bengals may kick some QB tires too.

How loyal someone is to Dalton may simply be a factor of how Great they think the replacement option might be.

Love or hate of Dalton may then become a non factor even to those that yell "Dalton hater" at the drop of a hat.

I hear ya.  Eventually ZT is going to see a QB in round 1 that he wants to take, for good or ill.  

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - depthchart - 03-27-2019

(03-27-2019, 02:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya.  Eventually ZT is going to see a QB in round 1 that he wants to take, for good or ill.  

The moment Zac takes a QB in round 1 he will immediately be labeled a "Dalton hater" by some around here.  Tongue

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - fredtoast - 03-27-2019

(03-27-2019, 02:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya.  Eventually ZT is going to see a QB in round 1 that he wants to take, for good or ill.  

You sure?  We have not taken a QB in the first round in 15 years.  Think ZT will be around that long?

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Dalton - Socal Bengals fan - 03-27-2019

Daniel Jones had a great pro day and is the most nfl ready QB this year. Not flashy at all but all around good qb prospect

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - Nately120 - 03-27-2019

(03-27-2019, 03:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You sure?  We have not taken a QB in the first round in 15 years.  Think ZT will be around that long?

Hard to say.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's in way over his head and he's gone in 2 or 3 years.  I do think that a young offensive minded HC is going to want a 1st round QB eventually, yes, but whether he gets it or Mike insists on taking a corner with the 1st round pick is the question.  A main component of rebooting with a young offensive-minded HC is going all in on a cheap and effective rookie QB and hitting free agency with some gusto.  Are we in, or not?

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - Atomic Orange - 03-27-2019

(03-27-2019, 03:19 PM)depthchart Wrote: The moment Zac takes a QB in round 1 he will immediately be labeled a "Dalton hater" by some around here.  Tongue

Nah, as a Dalton supporter even I am ready to test the waters. Just not this year. Murray will be gone by #11 anyway.

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - Shake n Blake - 03-27-2019

(03-27-2019, 03:19 PM)depthchart Wrote: The moment Zac takes a QB in round 1 he will immediately be labeled a "Dalton hater" by some around here.  Tongue

Not by me. I almost expect a new coach to look at new QB's. Tbh, I like the idea of a new QB, although it wouldn't exactly bother me to stick with Dalton for 1 more year, either. I'm not very impressed with Kyler Murray or Drew Lock, and it'll be somewhat interesting to see Dalton and co under a new coach. 

If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Dalton - BenZoo2 - 03-27-2019

I would rather spend our early to mid draft capital on improving the rest of the roster this year and looking qb next year or thereafter. Dalton isn’t elite but good enough to win with I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-27-2019

I really like Murray, dude has a nice arm, throwing motion and is extremely fast.

I am for what Taylor wants. There really isn't much wrong with Murray but his size.

He might be able to make up for that with his athleticism and quick release.

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - Junglejuice - 03-27-2019

Everyone keeps saying they are on board with what ZT wants......... What if he does want to ride Dalton for another 4-6 years?

I think Dalton is a fine QB above average for what he has had to work with OL and running game wise. If he has a high flying 2019 season I could see a long term extension following quickly.

Dont get me wrong if an Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning cant miss prospect was in the draft I would be ok with it. Murray and Haskins are not even in the universe of that discussion as prospects. This teams core is built to win now(age) So unless they fall on their face next year I see no scenario where they do not use all draft capitol on upgrading holes on this team for a quick turnaround.
QB while hater or non hater will disagree is not realistically a hole on this roster...up-gradable?? sure we don't have Tom Brady, but who else does except NE. IMO QB if he can win is the last spot you tinker with. KC only moved on Mahomes because the entire team was stacked and built and Smith couldn't get them over the hump with the same team after a couple tries. This team has too much talent for a rebuild but not enough to go Russian roulette on a 1 year college starter. And I think the new coaching staff will be the biggest impact over any players they could get.

If they suck this year then blow it up and trade all the stars.

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-27-2019

(03-27-2019, 08:10 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Everyone keeps saying they are on board with what ZT wants......... What if he does want to ride Dalton for another 4-6 years?

I think Dalton is a fine QB above average for what he has had to work with OL and running game wise. If he has a high flying 2019 season I could see a long term extension following quickly.

Dont get me wrong if an Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning cant miss prospect was in the draft I would be ok with it. Murray and Haskins are not even in the universe of that discussion as prospects. This teams core is built to win now(age) So unless they fall on their face next year I see no scenario where they do not use all draft capitol on upgrading holes on this team for a quick turnaround.
QB while hater or non hater will disagree is not realistically a hole on this roster...up-gradable?? sure we don't have Tom Brady, but who else does except NE. IMO QB if he can win is the last spot you tinker with. KC only moved on Mahomes because the entire team was stacked and built and Smith couldn't get them over the hump with the same team after a couple tries. This team has too much talent for a rebuild but not enough to go Russian roulette on a 1 year college starter. And I think the new coaching staff will be the biggest impact over any players they could get.

If they suck this year then blow it up and trade all the stars.

I completely agree Jungle Juice and i doubt we draft a QB early anyways, just saying if that is Taylor's move i am for him getting HIS guy. Not going to happen though from what we saw in Free Agency. We would of added LB and a RT in FA if we were even looking at QB in the first. It will most likely be RT, White or Bush in the 1st round IMO.

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - Shake n Blake - 03-27-2019

(03-27-2019, 05:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I really like Murray, dude has a nice arm, throwing motion and is extremely fast.

I am for what Taylor wants. There really isn't much wrong with Murray but his size.

He might be able to make up for that with his athleticism and quick release.

With QB's, what's upstairs matters a LOT, and I don't like this kid's interviews.

(03-27-2019, 08:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: With QB's, what's upstairs matters a LOT, and I don't like this kid's interviews.

Ah, thanks Shake, didn't see his interviews. Whats up with these Oklahoma QB's anyway?

RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - Socal Bengals fan - 03-27-2019

(03-27-2019, 08:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: With QB's, what's upstairs matters a LOT, and I don't like this kid's interviews.

Totally agree. Kid sounds horrible in interviews. But all works talent