Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Dalton
I heard a respected NFL Analyst on the Radio this morning. I believe it was on the Clay Travis Radio Show.

He thinks that Arizona would have already traded Josh Rosen were they interested in taking Kyler Murray and that Washington would have traded for Josh Rosen instead of Case Keenum had Arizona been willing to trade Josh Rosen.

He thinks Arizona will take Nick Bosa #1 overall and that Kyler Murray could fall in the Draft.

He then said that he doubts Jon Gruden would go away from QB Derek Carr, so Murray could slip past the Raiders at pick #4.

Dwayne Haskins likely the first QB off the board possibly to the Giants.

He also said that he did not think Denver would take Murray at #10 overall since John Elway does not like short quarterbacks.

I have heard this NFL Insider guy speak on numerous occasions on this Radio program and he seems pretty legit to me; though it is still his opinion.

Kyler Murray reminds me of Russell Wilson.

Murray has excellent pocket awareness, escape ability, quick release, balance, strong arm, accuracy, instincts etc.

If he is sitting there at #11, then I would take him.

Then work with Washington to get their first round pick in this year's Draft (pick #15 overall) for Andy Dalton. Maybe add a later round pick in with Andy if needed.

The Bengals would have a 21 year old quarterback on a rookie contract for the next 5 years that appears to me to be slightly quicker and faster than 6 time Pro Bowler Russell Wilson.

I like and respect Andy Dalton & have been glad to have him here as our QB; but if the opportunity presents itself then I pull the trigger on Kyler Murray (if he slips down to pick #11). Then work with Washington & Jay Gruden on a trade for Andy.

I would make this Zac Taylor's Stamp on the team but we will soon see the actual Plan taken by the Bengals. 

Zac obviously has to decide on how he Stamps this team himself. (unless Mike decides for him)  Mellow

If the chance for Kyler Murray presents itself at pick #11 then I would go for it...
Reply/Quote
You do realize that the Redskins traded for Case Keenum?

They're not going to trade for Dalton too.
Reply/Quote
No way he’s there at 11, but if he is I’d be down to take him. I’m ready to be excited about our QB again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If Kyler Murray is there at 11 it probably means it's a Bo Callahan situation...something is wrong.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I guess it is conceivable that a team could like Lock or Haskins better. Murray is fairly small for a QB.

If he falls too far, couldn't he just go play baseball?
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 01:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You do realize that the Redskins traded for Case Keenum?

They're not going to trade for Dalton too.

I am and was fully aware that the Redskins traded for Keenum.

They traded a their 6th round pick for Keenum and the Broncos 7th round pick.

Keenum has one year left on his deal.

I tend to think Jay Gruden would prefer Andy Dalton over Keenum given their history together.

The Redskins appear to be in the QB market (may Draft a rookie) which is strong sign that they are not high on Keenum.

They may like a chance at a Veteran like Dalton especially if Haskins & Murray come off the board.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 01:28 PM)depthchart Wrote: I am and was fully aware that the Redskins traded for Keenum.

I tend to think Jay Gruden would prefer Andy Dalton over Keenum given their history together.

The Redskins appear to be in the QB market (may Draft a rookie) which is strong sign that they are not high on Keenum.

They may like a chance at a Veteran like Dalton especially if Haskins & Murray come off the board.

I think they'd have like a $30 million cap hit on just QB's for this year IF they did this. Plus, they're still paying Alex Smith.
Reply/Quote
He's going to AZ. If not them, he still isn't getting anywhere near 11. Hell there might be three QB's taken before 11.

If this thing is contingent on two things that won't happen, it kinda takes the fun out of even talking about it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He won't be there.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, I’d also take Bosa I’d we are doing hypotheticals that won’t happen.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 01:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think they'd have like a $30 million cap hit on just QB's for this year IF they did this. Plus, they're still paying Alex Smith.

Fair point.

I still think they would seriously consider it given Jay Gruden's history with Dalton and assuming they expected Dalton could be a 5 year option at 31 years of age.

Teams have been eating some Sam Bradford contracts near the $20 million range for a few years now with little to show for it. The Redskins could make it work if motivated.

That said, you could be right that Washington doesn't bite. Dalton should still have some takers in a trade.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 01:49 PM)depthchart Wrote: Fair point.

I still think they would seriously consider it given Jay Gruden's history with Dalton and assuming they expected Dalton could be a 5 year option at 31 years of age.

Teams have been eating some Sam Bradford contracts near the $20 million range for a few years now with little to show for it. The Redskins could make it work if motivated.

That said, you could be right that Washington doesn't bite. Dalton should still have some takers in a trade.

I'd take Murray in your scenario. Start Dalton this year and get Murray ready. Maybe put him in 5-7 plays a game early in the year.

Then, depending on how the season goes...play him later in the year unless we had a good record and were challenging for playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 01:22 PM)Synric Wrote: If Kyler Murray is there at 11 it probably means it's a Bo Callahan situation...something is wrong.

Or a Brady Quinn situation...he's not as good as the media thinks.
Reply/Quote
thats the beauty of having Dalton under contract this year.you dont have to rush and prematurely start your rookie QB
whether they draft Murray Locke Jackson etc...
people quickly forget Dalton had this team 4 1 last year and maybe 5 1 if not for the defensive meltdown vs the Steelers..
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 01:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yes, I’d also take Bosa I’d we are doing hypotheticals that won’t happen.

Recent history shows that some very talented QB's have fallen to right around the pick #11 general area.

Deshaun Watson went at #12 overall.

Patrick Mahomes at pick #10 that same year.

Josh Rosen went at #10 overall last Draft.

All right in that pick #11 general range and they had more prototypical height than Kyler Murray has.

** Virtually every Draft has players falling down further than the Pre Draft Mock consensus and this year will be no different. It is yet to be determined which players rise and fall.
Reply/Quote
Drafting a QB is a crap shoot. Dalton has been better than an overwhelming majority (18 of 25) of QBs taken in the first round since we picked him in 2011.

I don't see QB as being a big enough problem to justify taking a chance on finding one better in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 01:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd take Murray in your scenario. Start Dalton this year and get Murray ready. Maybe put him in 5-7 plays a game early in the year.

Then, depending on how the season goes...play him later in the year unless we had a good record and were challenging for playoffs.

I would be on board with that.

Wouldn't have to rush things.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 01:28 PM)depthchart Wrote: I am and was fully aware that the Redskins traded for Keenum.

If the Skins trade for Andy, they'd be taking on yet an other QB with one year left on his deal.  If he plays well, now what are you gonna pay him on his next deal.  And if he doesn't, Jay is out of a job.

I'd say it's much more likely that the Skins would try to trade up to draft one of the QB's.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 02:01 PM)depthchart Wrote: Recent history shows that some very talented QB's have fallen to right around the pick #11 general area.

Deshaun Watson went at #12 overall.

Patrick Mahomes at pick #10 that same year.

Josh Rosen went at #10 overall last Draft.

All right in that pick #11 general range and they had more prototypical height than Kyler Murray has.

** Virtually every Draft has players falling down further than the Pre Draft Mock consensus and this year will be no different. It is yet to be determined which players rise and fall.

Watson and Mahomes were never top 10 picks coming in to the draft. Rosen slipped because of a run on QB's in general, a run that left him as the bottom man in the hunt for a QB. In this scenario Murray would be QB 2, so I stand by and dream of him at 11 is pretty farfetched. 

The dolphins have expressed interest in trading up for a QB along with the Redskins. The Lions have actually been working out all the QB's as well. Right now the general belief is the Jets at 3 are the target people are looking to, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that the Jags at 7 may be the place to jump to. 
Reply/Quote
Let someone else draft the headache please.

Haskins will be a better long term QB. So will Finley. You heard it hear first.

Reply/Quote