Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Dalton
(03-25-2019, 03:11 PM)depthchart Wrote: I get where you are coming from, Fred.

It is a high risk move to take Kyler Murray.

Maybe you have convinced me to hold onto Dalton longer (as the Pistons suggested) while I would still take Murray.

The Bengals are already betting on Zac Taylor as the next Sean McVay.

I would Double Down and bet on Kyler Murray being the next Russell Wilson (so to speak)

I swing for TWO Grand Slams (the next Sean McVay & the next Russell Wilson) (Zac Taylor/Kyler Murray) and take on the High Risk that you are pointing out.

Could backfire (as you suggest) but what if it doesn't ?

I would make some noise, go for it and hang my tush out on a limb... Tongue

Why bother with a high risk move for a bad attitude? If things don't go his way with whoever drafts him, he's off baseball, and still gets to keep whatever guaranteed money is in his NFL contract.

Let someone else gamble with the head case. Russell Wilson was never a head case though, neither was Dak Prescott or Mahomes.

Let someone else gamble.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
No interest in Murray and his red flags, plus this is a weak QB class and we have FAR higher priorities like LB and OL.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 04:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hmmmmm, let me see... on one hand we have an offer to keep Dalton and have a seasoned veteran QB with the 2nd fastest release in the league, who will be getting all his targets back healthy this year, and who the new coach says fits perfectly with the system he is going to implement... or, and we call this a counter offer... We could go with an unproven, under height rookie QB, who will most likely be running for his life behind this oline all season.... hmmmmm….. I dunno….. I could use a QB getting a butt kicking all season..... but I think I'm going with option 1.

Charlie Casserly (won a Super Bowl as a GM) was on NFL Network about a week ago and brought up the Bengals. He considers Dwayne Haskins & Kyler Murray to be Top Tier talents while considering Dalton to be "mid tier" & someone he would try to upgrade from with either Haskins or Murray.

Baker Mayfield acclimated pretty quickly to the NFL last year and while Dalton's experience level would serve him well initially; I would expect Murray's incredible instincts to adjust and move away from pressure in the pocket to surpass Dalton's in due time. Murray has spider like quickness and looks downfield to throw while avoiding pressure similar to how Baker Mayfield does. Only Murray is quicker on his feet than Mayfield.

Murray may be able to play behind a poor offensive line in a way similar to Russell Wilson.

That said it is a risk and we could use Dalton in 2019 while Murray develops.

Eye of the beholder though and the knife could cut in either direction. Good move or bad move.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 04:48 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dalton is the best ever why trade him away?   8 more years please.

You're crazy.  Dalton is the suxor, and every QB ever drafted in the first round is way better than him.  If we can't get Murray we should trade for Christian Ponder.
Reply/Quote
I want no part of Murray. I don’t like his demeanor. At all.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 04:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We have seen teams double down on QB's either through FA and draft or draft multiple QB's so not likely, but possible. AD was not an available option right now for Skins, if we draft Murray, then Bengals may make AD available or may wait  year to trade him.

I do think very slim chance Murray is available at #11 though.

Or if they Draft Murray, and give him some starts before the Trade Deadline, we could Trade AD then, to a time that has a season ending QB injury but is doing well enough to make the play offs. AD has a cap friendly salary and good record so teams would be willing to pay for him.

I'm not a Dalton fan, but he has earned the right to be the man here for a while longer. He needs an OL that can protect better, that and LB needs to be the focus of this draft. 
Reply/Quote
A big question I have about Murray is do you have to blow up your whole offense and design a whole new one around Murray? They say Kitchens ran the OU offense for Mayfield last year, which was the key to his success. Will a team have to do that for Murray?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If Haskins is there at 11 I don't think I could pass ? Murray I would pass on at 11 and not even blink.

I highly doubt either one of them is there though.
Reply/Quote
I think they go QB next draft. One never knows. If Murray is there, however, Bengals may take him. But QB controversy would be there and if Dalton looks off early, fans will be screaming for change.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Kyler Murray would pack the house every home game.This would be very exciting if it happened,and I would be all for it.Best quarterback in the draft.But,it won’t happen.He’ll be long gone before the eleventh pick.
Reply/Quote
Murray is not a personal fav, but it would make sense to take him. A few years ago it was a risk to take a QB early because of the huge contracts they demanded, but those days are gone. Drafting a QB early carries no more risk than drafting any other position early; however, the reward could be great.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 02:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Just no.  Cincinnati needs to draft the best linebacker available at #11.

We don't have to take a QB at 11 but we for sure do not need to force a pick at LB. 

The only guy worth pick 11 in Devin White, if he is gone then we should not reach for a LB.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 08:22 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: We don't have to take a QB at 11 but we for sure do not need to force a pick at LB. 

The only guy worth pick 11 in Devin White, if he is gone then we should not reach for a LB.

This where I'm at... I like Devin Bush, but I'm not sure I like him at 11. In fact I know I don't.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 06:06 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Kyler Murray would pack the house every home game.This would be very exciting if it happened,and I would be all for it.Best quarterback in the draft.But,it won’t happen.He’ll be long gone before the eleventh pick.

I don't think anybody's packing that house. The Cincinnati Bengals fan base is in full on "show me" mode.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 04:59 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Why bother with a high risk move for a bad attitude? If things don't go his way with whoever drafts him, he's off baseball, and still gets to keep whatever guaranteed money is in his NFL contract.

Let someone else gamble with the head case. Russell Wilson was never a head case though, neither was Dak Prescott or Mahomes.

Let someone else gamble.

Russell Wilson once claimed that whatever water (Vitamin Water maybe) that he pimps cures or prevents concussions. I'ma say he's a head case.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Get the best player, then trade him for the players you need. If he is available, do it.
Reply/Quote
If I were the GM OF any other team I'd definitely trade for Dalton over Bradford any day of any year. That doesn't mean that the Bengals would be willing to trade him for anything less than a first and other picks.. 
Like him or not Dalton would have a lot of value on the open market especially for QB needy teams .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We need 2 OT's, 2 LB's, a DT before we need a QB.

Build the foundation and then find your QB of the future.

Murray may fall if not taken by Zona. If he does I hope it's to 11 so we can get a kings ransom for him (the smarter play is for Snyder to trade for Murray) and plug some of the holes.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 10:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: We need 2 OT's, 2 LB's, a DT before we need a QB.

Build the foundation and then find your QB of the future.

Murray may fall if not taken by Zona. If he does I hope it's to 11 so we can get a kings ransom for him (the smarter play is for Snyder to trade for Murray) and plug some of the holes.

That's the hard thing about taking a QB...it uses that pick on a position that isn't an actual high need.

But, IF...small percentage chance you draft a star QB...you turn your franchise's future around.

The whole baseball thing worries me about Murray. IF we draft him and he doesn't make an impact during his 1st couple years, he could always just play baseball.
Reply/Quote
The label of “head case” is thrown around WAY too much wrt these kids.

Reply/Quote