Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Dalton
QB is not what is holding this team back.
its going through 45 def coordinators and 23 OC in.the past 4 years
Reply/Quote
I think Haskins is going to go #1 and Murray is going to go #2. The Cardinals and 49ers will make big time trades.
To the OP if Murray was there then I think it is worth considering but I wouldn't trade Dalton right away. I think he has more value next off-season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 01:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You do realize that the Redskins traded for Case Keenum?

They're not going to trade for Dalton too.

Case Keenum is a high level backup who is getting paid 3 million dollars. I don't think the Redskins are really tgat committed in him. However I think we would have to take Smith back in any deal for it to finacialy work.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 08:24 PM)jason Wrote: This where I'm at... I like Devin Bush, but I'm not sure I like him at 11. In fact I know I don't.

Devin Bush is more instinctive n has better tackling technique than White. Be very happy with Bush.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 01:22 PM)Synric Wrote: If Kyler Murray is there at 11 it probably means it's a Bo Callahan situation...something is wrong.

Props for the Draft Day quote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 01:13 PM)depthchart Wrote: I heard a respected NFL Analyst on the Radio this morning. I believe it was on the Clay Travis Radio Show.

He thinks that Arizona would have already traded Josh Rosen were they interested in taking Kyler Murray and that Washington would have traded for Josh Rosen instead of Case Keenum had Arizona been willing to trade Josh Rosen.

He thinks Arizona will take Nick Bosa #1 overall and that Kyler Murray could fall in the Draft.

He then said that he doubts Jon Gruden would go away from QB Derek Carr, so Murray could slip past the Raiders at pick #4.

Dwayne Haskins likely the first QB off the board possibly to the Giants.

He also said that he did not think Denver would take Murray at #10 overall since John Elway does not like short quarterbacks.

I have heard this NFL Insider guy speak on numerous occasions on this Radio program and he seems pretty legit to me; though it is still his opinion.

Kyler Murray reminds me of Russell Wilson.

Murray has excellent pocket awareness, escape ability, quick release, balance, strong arm, accuracy, instincts etc.

If he is sitting there at #11, then I would take him.

Then work with Washington to get their first round pick in this year's Draft (pick #15 overall) for Andy Dalton. Maybe add a later round pick in with Andy if needed.

The Bengals would have a 21 year old quarterback on a rookie contract for the next 5 years that appears to me to be slightly quicker and faster than 6 time Pro Bowler Russell Wilson.

I like and respect Andy Dalton & have been glad to have him here as our QB; but if the opportunity presents itself then I pull the trigger on Kyler Murray (if he slips down to pick #11). Then work with Washington & Jay Gruden on a trade for Andy.

I would make this Zac Taylor's Stamp on the team but we will soon see the actual Plan taken by the Bengals. 

Zac obviously has to decide on how he Stamps this team himself. (unless Mike decides for him)  Mellow

If the chance for Kyler Murray presents itself at pick #11 then I would go for it...

I would jump on this scenario without thinking twice, but there is absolutely no way anyone is giving up a first rounder for Average Andy. Not gonna happen. 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 05:16 PM)depthchart Wrote: Charlie Casserly (won a Super Bowl as a GM) was on NFL Network about a week ago and brought up the Bengals. He considers Dwayne Haskins & Kyler Murray to be Top Tier talents while considering Dalton to be "mid tier" & someone he would try to upgrade from with either Haskins or Murray.

Baker Mayfield acclimated pretty quickly to the NFL last year and while Dalton's experience level would serve him well initially; I would expect Murray's incredible instincts to adjust and move away from pressure in the pocket to surpass Dalton's in due time. Murray has spider like quickness and looks downfield to throw while avoiding pressure similar to how Baker Mayfield does. Only Murray is quicker on his feet than Mayfield.

Murray may be able to play behind a poor offensive line in a way similar to Russell Wilson.

That said it is a risk and we could use Dalton in 2019 while Murray develops.

Eye of the beholder though and the knife could cut in either direction. Good move or bad move.

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Murray or Haskins, although I think we have far greater needs to meet than a QB, but I would be dead set against drafting one and trading Dalton all at the same time, as was proposed in the op....
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't take him. That's a hard pass for me. You know there's another team picking after us that's probably clamoring for Murray and QB isn't a huge need for us at the moment, not to mention next years class is supposed to be better and deeper. If Murray is there at 11 I'd trade the pick, load up on prospects and see how next season plays out with Dalton.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 08:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Murray or Haskins, although I think we have far greater needs to meet than a QB, but I would be dead set against drafting one and trading Dalton all at the same time, as was proposed in the op....

Yea, I don't trade AD even if I want to draft Murray or Haskins. Again, if I am the Bengals I try whatever possible to give ZT the resources to succeed this year and judge the roster after. Not saying we have a world beater roster, but I want to see if previous years were a coaching problem or talent problem. You do that by going in with the same core and new voice. If it doesn't work next year, I expect a rebuild especially since ADs dead cap hit is 0 and AJ is a FA.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 08:41 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I wouldn't take him. That's a hard pass for me. You know there's another team picking after us that's probably clamoring for Murray and QB isn't a huge need for us at the moment, not to mention next years class is supposed to be better and deeper. If Murray is there at 11 I'd trade the pick, load up on prospects and see how next season plays out with Dalton.

We already have 11 picks, absolutely no reason to trade for anymore.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 08:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We already have 11 picks, absolutely no reason to trade for anymore.

ok.

So trading up in the other rounds isn't a thing? Or getting picks for next years draft isn't a thing either?
Reply/Quote
As said earlier I'd have no issue drafting a QB at 11, but I wouldn't trade Andy this year. If whomever we select shows promise next year we trade him next off season. If he struggles keep him around for further development.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We won't take a QB in the first couple of rounds.
Taylor has said over and over again that Dalton is his man and i think he will be for the next 2 years unless he gets a bad injury.
We will probably take a QB in the later rounds as back up or take a FA after the draft
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 09:03 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: ok.

So trading up in the other rounds isn't a thing? Or getting picks for next years draft isn't a thing either?

Packaging some picks and trading up I’d be down for, but trading back for more picks when we already have so many? Hell no. I want a player taken with that 11th pick. Hopefully a day 1 contributor.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 10:30 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: We won't take a QB in the first couple of rounds.
Taylor has said over and over again that Dalton is his man and he will be for the next 2 years unless he gets a bad injury.
We will probably take a QB in the later rounds as back up or take a FA after the draft

I have not seen him say anything of the sort. Just that he likes Dalton, and has supposedly followed him since TCU.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 10:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Packaging some picks and trading up I’d be down for, but trading back for more picks when we already have so many? Hell no. I want a player taken with that 11th pick. Hopefully a day 1 contributor.

Murray or Haskins would be the only guys id take in this years draft, but i dont think were moving on from Andy for at least another season or two. I think next year is the year to draft his replacement. This year i want to set Andy or the next guy up for success.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 10:53 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Murray or Haskins would be the only guys id take in this years draft, but i dont think were moving on from Andy for at least another season or two. I think next year is the year to draft his replacement. This year i want to set Andy or the next guy up for success.

Well I didn’t mean just a QB, if Murray and Haskins are both gone, by all means grab a LB. probably a good chance White or Bush are there if 2 QB’s already went.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 05:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: No interest in Murray and his red flags, plus this is a weak QB class and we have FAR higher priorities like LB and OL.

This. We should not be using the #11 pick on a QB
Reply/Quote
Only QB I'd be interested in - at 11, mind you, not overall - would be Haskins.

I'd love Grier or Lock later in the first or in the 2nd. Jones is 2nd-3rd round talent to me.

Murray is just too much of a gamble. Alabama was the first and only real defense he faced all season and he looked lost. And he is just way too small.

He's got arm talent, and stranger things have happened, but no way IMO is Murray going to be Mahomes 2.0 or even Wilson 2.0. And Russell Wilson is not a high enough comp to justify a #1 overall pick when you just spent your #10 pick on a QB the year before. So I'm predicting shenanigans and epic fail.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 05:23 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I want no part of Murray. I don’t like his demeanor. At all.

He gets comparisons to Russell Wilson based on height and choosing between baseball/football, but I don't see Wilson's intelligence or charisma out of this guy. Not to mention he pretty much said he wouldn't play for the Raiders in this interview:

Does anyone think the Bengals are perceived as any better than the Raiders? What if we draft him and he chooses baseball because he doesn't want to be a Bengal? Certainly seems possible with how flaky he seems. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote