Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
AD Benched. Finley to Start - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: AD Benched. Finley to Start (/Thread-AD-Benched-Finley-to-Start)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - Bengalfan4life27c - 10-29-2019

Why not trade Dalton to the bears frees up cap space they would probably be willing to give us a 2

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - Nately120 - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 04:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can we bench you for a more accurate poster?  Hilarious

I can get my cat here to walk across the keyboard...I can't promise he will be better than me but hey, it's change for the sake of change, right?

fvggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggz58zxnbhbbbbbbbbbbn               C VVVV

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - THE PISTONS - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 04:19 PM)OandB Wrote: Ow that they pulled the trigger on Dalton.. With Finley and Doleaga.. Will they attempt to trade Dalton.. Maybe Eifert within the  next 42 minutes?

Magic 8 ball says 'No trades'.

How can they not trade Glenn? Or Eifert?

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - Tomkat - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 02:38 PM)J24 Wrote: And Zach just lost all his credibility in the lockeroom.

How so?  and if so... HOW DO YOU KNOW?

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - Atomic Orange - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 04:28 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Why not trade Dalton to the bears frees up cap space they would probably be willing to give us a 2

They are stupid

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - bfine32 - 10-29-2019

Has anyone checked on Fred?

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - PhilHos - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 04:28 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Why not trade Dalton to the bears frees up cap space they would probably be willing to give us a 2

Because we don't want to make other teams better even if we also get better.  Whatever

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - LebanonFan - 10-29-2019

Fake Adam Shefter account says we traded Andy to the Bears for a 2nd and 4th.

(10-29-2019, 02:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol I really hope hes seen a weight bench since this gif was made.

Why?  Joe Montana was slim and lanky.

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - WhodeyRay - 10-29-2019

This is MBs way of diverting attention to the fact they are going to do nothing at the deadline. Look guys we are trying!

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - Bengalpool - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 04:41 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Fake Adam Shefter account says we traded Andy to the Bears for a 2nd and 4th.

Then why even say anything if its fake lol

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - Bengalholic - 10-29-2019

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - reuben.ahmed - 10-29-2019

Give us a spark. Show us you can move. You have 8 games to prove you are better. All you have to do is move in the damn pocket. Buy yourself 1.5 more seconds.

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - reuben.ahmed - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 03:50 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Finley isn't going to fix the bad play calling, the bad OL, bad coaching or the piss poor running game.

Therefore, I'm not expecting much, which could be good because I won't be disappointed when they go 0-9. Dalton has regressed with this coaching staff, which doesn't give me much in the way of confidence that they have the ability to bring along a new guy.

On the flip side, if Finley can be more on-target than Dalton has been, it could lead to some closer scores and a better chance to win.

But it's so too little, too late for a success season. That ship sailed weeks ago.

This does give Taylor one more excuse for this dismal season though, "we started a rookie QB". I, for one, still want Taylor gone, along with all his friends, and the sooner the better.

Finley gets more than 1 game. In fact, he gets 8 games IMO. This is exactly what they should have done. 0-8. It's not working, is Finley going to show something, enough to build on? Or was the QB not the major problem?

If he moves in the pocket, takes less sacks, has less balls batted down, and keeps possessions alive longer - we will be in better shape. Yes we have a shit ton of problems, we don't put up enough points. All he has to do is get some damn points on the board. If half of the drive is him running out of the pocket, oh well. We have something like 1 TD *all year* in the 3rd quarter.

We will see how much of our team's problems are coaching, are they going to change the game plan now? Or try to run Andy Daltonesque plays out for him?

Finley holds the all-time record for best completion percentage at NC State... that has to count for something, right?
Even a marginal improvement in accuracy over Dalton can make a HUGE difference in drives, converting 3rd downs, etc.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000001042040/Why-Finley-has-had-the-best-rookie-QB-performance-so-far-Baldy-s-Breakdown

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - Luvnit2 - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 04:45 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Give us a spark. Show us you can move. You have 8 games to prove you are better. All you have to do is move in the damn pocket. Buy yourself 1.5 more seconds.

LOL

You make playing QB sound simple, no brain needed, just move better. I hope he does well, but he is a rookie and will see defenses and talent he has never played against in his life.

I hope this decision is not ZT 2.0 outcome.

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - Destro - 10-29-2019

Wins us 3 games. Get the #4 overall pick. Draft someone who gets injured in camp. Team continues to suck in 2020. AD and AJ move on. One actually gets to the playoffs.

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - The Caped Crusader - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 04:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Finley holds the all-time record for best completion percentage at NC State... that has to count for something, right?
Even a marginal improvement in accuracy over Dalton can make a HUGE difference in drives, converting 3rd downs, etc.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000001042040/Why-Finley-has-had-the-best-rookie-QB-performance-so-far-Baldy-s-Breakdown

He also has significant knocks on him, some that hold much similarity to Dalton.

- Lack of arm strength.
- Game manager.
- Not a dual threat
- Poor decisions under pressure.

His frame is also extremely questionable. 

I'm excited to see something different but have a feeling Finley won't be the future. 

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - scorp1974 - 10-29-2019

Because you hold on to AD through the year to help Finley.  At the end of the season if Finley played well then you trade AD to the Bears prior to the draft.

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - psychdoctor - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 04:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

This says a lot in that Finley brings a "different element to the table."
Does he imply WR do not need to be 10' tall to catch some passes?