Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AD Benched. Finley to Start
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1189225627859259393?s=20

Quote:Sources: The #Bengals are making a QB change after the bye. Andy Dalton goes to the bench. Rookie Ryan Finley expected to start. More right now on

@nflnetwork

Wow!

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I had mentioned a while back this was the obvious point to change. The bye week gives them time to install a game plan Finley is comfortable with.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: I had mentioned a while back this was the obvious point to change. The bye week gives them time to install a game plan Finley is comfortable with.

Absolutely.

It also makes the lack of trades even more puzzling. If you're sitting Dalton, then you're looking for the future. Why they aren't trading some is confusing. Then again, seeing Green/Finley work together might be worth it. Who knows?

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:07 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Absolutely.

It also makes the lack of trades even more puzzling. If you're sitting Dalton, then you're looking for the future. Why they aren't trading some is confusing. Then again, seeing Green/Finley work together might be worth it. Who knows?

Yea, one could argue you want to set your young QB up for success so keeping the pieces around him better let you know what he is. 
Reply/Quote
Hmm....I wonder if this means they're open to trading some players after all (if this change implies they actually understand they're in full rebuild mode).
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, one could argue you want to set your young QB up for success so keeping the pieces around him better let you know what he is. 

That's why I'm having a hard time moving on from AJ. He makes any QB look good. I still think you'd trade some pieces and try to fix or work to fixing our issues.

Reply/Quote
I really like Dalton. He has brought some fun seasons and he's by all accounts a great guy. It's time for this, though. I don't expect Finley to do well, but the season is lost and you have to see what you got under live fire. I'm excited for this move.
Reply/Quote
Thank god
Reply/Quote
This move was key to the rebuild in my eyes and the fact we made the switch bodes well moving forward. He may or may not be the guy but we at least can head into the off season knowing.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:08 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Hmm....I wonder if this means they're open to trading some players after all (if this change implies they actually understand they're in full rebuild mode).

I could make a case either way.
Reply/Quote
SWEET AND STICKY PANCAKE BATTER, I FEEL ALIVE TODAY.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's a sad day to be Fred.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: I had mentioned a while back this was the obvious point to change. The bye week gives them time to install a game plan Finley is comfortable with.

Ahem:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Finley-after-the-bye-week?page=15

Ninja

I'm actually looking forward to next game!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Probably some coaches should be fired and Taylor should be stripped of playcalling duties.

I kind of feel like Dalton is the fall guy...although a change makes sense. It's just...they need other changes too.
Reply/Quote
Nice ! Something to watch this season.

Go Ryan.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Ahem:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Finley-after-the-bye-week?page=15

Ninja

I'm actually looking forward to next game!

The odds of us going 0-16 definitely do increase...IF Finley flops.

It's really hard to say how he'll do. If he plays like he did in preseason, it could go well...but guys like Mason Rudolph barely throw the ball past the LOS in their 1st games.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Probably some coaches should be fired and Taylor should be stripped of playcalling duties.

I kind of feel like Dalton is the fall guy...although a change makes sense. It's just...they need other changes too.

He absolutely is.

He's had moments where he has done well and moments where he has sucked. Then again, the entire team has. Billy scored a 1.7 out of 100 for PFF. We are 32nd running the football and dead last on defense. We are also near the top on dropped balls. We would be stupid to blame it all on Dalton. However, a change is needed. Dalton's body language isn't good and his pocket awareness has absolutely fallen apart. His QB clock is shot and he either needs to reset, go to a new team or whatever we will do with him (we won't trade him). 

Hoping Finley is something new. I want to win but I think the issues are too compounded to hope one man can change everything (one man that isn't Aaron Rodgers)

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The odds of us going 0-16 definitely do increase...IF Finley flops.

It's really hard to say how he'll do. If he plays like he did in preseason, it could go well...but guys like Mason Rudolph barely throw the ball past the LOS in their 1st games.

If Finley flops, we're just one step closer to my dream of Dolegala starting and ending up being the next greatest QB in NFL History!!!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Finally

I mean Finley Dancing
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the last straw was when Erickson was wide open in the 4th q. And Andy underthrew him just enough to make
Erickson adjust and allowing the CB to make a touh down saving tackle
If Dalton beats the Rams he's still the QB.
But he's 0 and 8.
Just like DeShone Kizer was 2 years ago.
Reply/Quote