Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AD Benched. Finley to Start
(10-29-2019, 02:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Buy your season tickets Bengals fans!

Just when the fanbase is about to bail, Mike Brown pull us back in!

Sadly, history shows this to be true--reel em back in...followed by inevitable dissapointment--but then comes the dreaded "hope". It won't be too hard to see if this is a one-off or if more changes are to come. That will be the determining factor if things are truly changing with whole "new dey" concept. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If Finley flops, we're just one step closer to my dream of Dolegala starting and ending up being the next greatest QB in NFL History!!!

That’s what I’m waiting on, Dolegala all the way! Dolegala 2020!!!
Reply/Quote
Well I'll be G** damned. Hell has frozen over!
Reply/Quote
Wow like the man in the orthopedic shoes, I stand corrected (and somewhat erected.)
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I have no problem keeping AJ, but they have some guys on the defensive side that i wouldn't mind them moving to try and get chips to move up in the draft.

I'd be more willing to keep the top defensive players.

At least Geno and Carlos have been able to stay on the field.  AJ is about the same age as them, but he can't stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But not as bad as Troy Aikman's 0-11 in '89.

His '90 and '91 weren't much better. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I have a little hope that Finley will at least stand in the pocket better than Dalton. My biggest complaint on Dalton, is he always seemed really easy to rattle after a hit or two.
Reply/Quote
Today is Andy’s birthday.

Ouch.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:23 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Guess we'll ultimately get an answer to the question of if it's Dalton or the O-Line. I just hope Finley doesn't get killed in the process.

No. The Oline is still bad and needs to be addressed but we will see if Finley is able to maneuver the pocket better and make passes that keep drives alive and if he's able to get the ball in the endzone more often. 

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:35 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Today is Andy’s birthday.

Ouch.

For all we know, his family is celebrating. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Finally

I mean Finley  Dancing

[Image: source.gif]
Reply/Quote
what a crummy birthday present for Andy. But, it is time to give Ryan a shot. All the hits over the last couple of years have made Andy sack-shocked.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
And Zach just lost all his credibility in the lockeroom.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd be more willing to keep the top defensive players.

At least Geno and Carlos have been able to stay on the field.  AJ is about the same age as them, but he can't stay healthy.

If the team can play better, ok. I'm just looking more for some capital to move up in the draft and get another 1st rd pick. 

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:38 PM)J24 Wrote: And Zach just lost all his credibility in the lockeroom.

Why is that ?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: source.gif]

Lol I really hope hes seen a weight bench since this gif was made.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:38 PM)J24 Wrote: And Zach just lost all his credibility in the lockeroom.

Interested to hear the rational behind that. He is 1-13 in his last 14 starts, has not elevated anyone. It's not like we have any shot at anything this year. It's full rebuild mode. See what others have. 
Reply/Quote
When the Bengals stated that they wanted to "evaluate the roster" means they are assessing Finley. I do not think Finley is the answer at QB, but I could see the team winning a game with him at the position. Could move the Bengals out of the top 3 in the draft with just one win.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Oof to Dalton, though. He's not great but he takes a team friendly deal and is surrounded by bad coaching and sub par talent and he might end his starting career as a scapegoat for the MB method. Can't say he wasn't warned, though.
Reply/Quote

Why? The team is 0-8 and going nowhere. What do you have to lose at this point by finding out what you have in Finley, or maybe even Dolegala at some point? What is the benefit of having Andy start the last 8 games? 
Reply/Quote