AD Benched. Finley to Start
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:38 PM)J24 Wrote: And Zach just lost all his credibility in the lockeroom.

Right. Because he's stated from the beginning that Dalton will be the starter, no matter what...  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But not as bad as Troy Aikman's 0-11 in '89.

Aikman also has 4 rings, a Gold Jacket, and actually Playoff wins where he didn’t shit the bed in epic fashion. Jerry and Jimmy also rebuilt the team quickly by trading off assets to stockpile draft picks and used FA to supplement the team. In other words, things that go against the model model...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: When the Bengals stated that they wanted to "evaluate the roster" means they are assessing Finley.  I do not think Finley is the answer at QB, but I could see the team winning a game with him at the position.  Could move the Bengals out of the top 3 in the draft with just one win.
 I highly doubt there will be 4 teams with a 1-15 record or worse. Maybe if they win 2-3 games. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: Disagree, this is to see what they have. The rumor coming out of the draft was that Taylor REALLY like Finley and that comes from a scout I know that doesn't work for the Bengals.

I think Chase Young also likely has something to do with it.  Kid looks like a monster and with the recent success of OSU DE's in the NFL, the kid is about as close as you're going to get to a slam dunk difference maker.  However, it's tough to go in that direction if you need a QB.  They have to see if Finley or Dolegala can be the guy before you pass on a guy like that.
Reply/Quote
As an aside, "Ben Baby" has to be the funniest name ever.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:41 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Interested to hear the rational behind that. He is 1-13 in his last 14 starts, has not elevated anyone. It's not like we have any shot at anything this year. It's full rebuild mode. See what others have. 

I saw a tweet that Dalton hasn't led the Bengals to a win in a year.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: source.gif]

I hope he survives...hes listed at 185 and i know numbers aren't everything but he's got to be one if the lightest starting QBs. He actually looks like the lead actor in some comedy where a nerd leads the football team to victory.

Ooh let's call it The Pocket Protector
Reply/Quote
8-8 baby!!! Woot Woot!!!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I dont mind the move, in fact good, at least it's something.

But if they are going to start holding someone accountable like Andy, they better hold others as well from other players to coaches to the front office. Andy is by far not the biggest reason they are 0-8.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Why is that ?

Probably because J24 hates Zac.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: When the Bengals stated that they wanted to "evaluate the roster" means they are assessing Finley.  I do not think Finley is the answer at QB, but I could see the team winning a game with him at the position.  Could move the Bengals out of the top 3 in the draft with just one win.

Especially if that win is against the Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals can't win:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
If a QB better than Andy existed on this roster I’d hope he would’ve been playing already. So that leads me to believe a better QB isn’t on this roster and we’re throwing the season. The draft will be where we find our guy
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals can't win:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wasn't almost half of that in the final two drives when the rams were up by 14?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals can't win:

On his birthday to boot? Savagery!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:51 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I dont mind the move, in fact good, at least it's something.

But if they are going to start holding someone accountable like Andy, they better hold others as well from other players to coaches to the front office. Andy is by far not the biggest reason they are 0-8.

Maybe consider starting Gio if for no other reason he's a better pass blocker and receiver than Mixon.
Reply/Quote
Well, at least the games will be exciting again as we cheer for Finley success.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hope he survives...hes listed at 185 and i know numbers aren't everything but he's got to be one if the lightest starting QBs.  He actually looks like the lead actor in some comedy where a nerd leads the football team to victory.

Ooh let's call it The Pocket Protector

I said before the draft it looks like Finley has never seen a weight room lol.

I'm glad the Bengals are going to see what they have leading into the next draft cuz we all know they werent going to resign Dalton to a big deal but...

Someone get Finley a Sammich.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote