Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AD Benched. Finley to Start
(10-29-2019, 03:19 PM)Synric Wrote: I'd like to see a few younger guys get some snaps like Pratt over Brown and Brandon Wilson over Shawn Williams.

Shame guys like Darius Phillips are hurt hes another kid like to see get some snaps.

Pratt's been playing a lot????
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 03:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Pratt's been playing a lot????

Not a lot. Maybe 30% of the snaps. Vigil plays the most. Then Brown and Pratt seem to share snaps.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
A little something for Finley to chew on as he gets ready for the Ravens...

Offensive line rankins through week 8:

30. CINCINNATI BENGALS

Losing first-round rookie Jonah Williams to a season-ending injury before the season even began turned what was going to be a below-average offensive line into a bad one in Cincinnati. While center Trey Hopkins has been a bit of a bright spot at times, a combination of Andre SmithBobby Hart and rookie Michael Jordan have really cost this team a chance at throwing or running the ball effectively. Smith, Hart and Jordan all own sub-60.0 overall grades entering Week 9.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 03:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Pratt's been playing a lot????

His grades for the last 4 weeks are; 

79.1  9 snaps
32.0  30 snaps
68.4  22 snaps
27.2  15 snaps

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If Finley flops, we're just one step closer to my dream of Dolegala starting and ending up being the next greatest QB in NFL History!!!

Yeah maybe he can win 6 SB's without being drafted at all.

Anyway if this is it, many thanks to Andy and Jordan for everything they have done for the community.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 03:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not a lot. Maybe 30% of the snaps. Vigil plays the most. Then Brown and Pratt seem to share snaps.

Bates has played the most, overall, 544 snaps this year. Pratt has played 18.5% of that. 101 total. 

Vigil has the most of the LBs with 508 and Pratt has played 19.8% of that. 

Reply/Quote
Ryan Finley is now the oldest starting QB in the AFC North. lol
Reply/Quote
Finley isn't going to fix the bad play calling, the bad OL, bad coaching or the piss poor running game.

Therefore, I'm not expecting much, which could be good because I won't be disappointed when they go 0-9. Dalton has regressed with this coaching staff, which doesn't give me much in the way of confidence that they have the ability to bring along a new guy.

On the flip side, if Finley can be more on-target than Dalton has been, it could lead to some closer scores and a better chance to win.

But it's so too little, too late for a success season. That ship sailed weeks ago.

This does give Taylor one more excuse for this dismal season though, "we started a rookie QB". I, for one, still want Taylor gone, along with all his friends, and the sooner the better.

Reply/Quote
I have no issue with benching AD, he has been very inconsistent. My problem will be if no other defensive players are benched or no trades are not done by 4 p.m.

Sadly, ZT looks clueless.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 03:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have no issue with benching AD, he has been very inconsistent. My problem will be if no other defensive players are benched or no trades are not done by 4 p.m.

Sadly, ZT looks clueless.

Trades are on Duke Katie Mike and Paul. As for defensive players Benched they could possible do what 1 or 2? Pratt over Brown and Wilson over William's. Rest of the defense I'd pretty beat up.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 03:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: His grades for the last 4 weeks are; 

79.1  9 snaps
32.0  30 snaps
68.4  22 snaps
27.2  15 snaps

Yeah, this draft class is the worst in awhile. Reminds me of the 90s.

Reply/Quote
Andy being benched on his Birthday. Happy Birthday Andy.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 03:11 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He isn't 185. He weighed in at 213 at the NFL combine. 

Yep, if you google "Ryan Finley weight" 185 pops up...lazy research on my part. I'd like to see Dalton get whisked away to the Bears or something, but I also realize there is a very good chance Finley flops or gets hurt and we need to go back to Dalton. For all we know throwing Finley into this situation could be Mike Brown's way of showing us that we "need" Dalton. I recall in 2014 when the Bears were sick of Jay Cutler and they benched him for Jimmy Claussen which lasted for a game or so and Cutler was there for another 2 seasons.

Again, any sort of change is interesting but I'm still not drawing any long term conclusions.
Reply/Quote
Ow that they pulled the trigger on Dalton.. With Finley and Doleaga.. Will they attempt to trade Dalton.. Maybe Eifert within the next 42 minutes?
Reply/Quote
Good start.

Unfortunately I think these past two years have permanently broken Dalton. He's shell shocked now. Even with a good oline it will take a long time for him to return to form, if he ever does.

Our offensive line is still one of the worst in the league. The positives of starting Finley still outweigh the negatives. If Finley looks even halfway decent behind this line we know we can at least try and build around him.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 04:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yep, if you google "Ryan Finley weight" 185 pops up...lazy research on my part.  I'd like to see Dalton get whisked away to the Bears or something, but I also realize there is a very good chance Finley flops or gets hurt and we need to go back to Dalton.  For all we know throwing Finley into this situation could be Mike Brown's way of showing us that we "need" Dalton.  I recall in 2014 when the Bears were sick of Jay Cutler and they benched him for Jimmy Claussen which lasted for a game or so and Cutler was there for another 2 seasons.

Again, any sort of change is interesting but I'm still not drawing any long term conclusions.

Can we bench you for a more accurate poster?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote