Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AD Benched. Finley to Start
(10-29-2019, 02:04 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1189225627859259393?s=20

Wow!

Good way for AD to celebrate his 32nd birthday. You been benched! 

I'm sorry but bad play calling, bad OL, and missing your best weapon are reasons why AD failed this year. AD isn't a QB that raise the level of talent around him; he is a good QB when the talent around him are just as good or better than he is. 

I hope AD gets let go and wins a SB next year on a new team. I like the guy and hopefully he finds success elsewhere.  
Reply/Quote
It's funny that they benched him BEFORE Green got back.
Reply/Quote
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 03:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Williams pretty much nailed it...what do they have to lose at this point?

Right

There's not going to be a player revolt. Hell they're probably happy that there's new hope, however small of a chance it is.
Reply/Quote
we are going to be worse. Finley doesn't have Dalton's quick release. I see more strip sacks in our future. hope i'm wrong. Dalton's quick release was only thing keeping pass rush somewhat honest
Reply/Quote
Esiason and Palmer get fed up and get traded, Dalton plays good soldier and takes a team-friendly deal and we give him a slew of garbage coaches and then bench his arse. Lesson learned, kids.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 05:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: we are going to be worse. Finley doesn't have Dalton's quick release. I see more strip sacks in our future. hope i'm wrong. Dalton's quick release was only thing keeping pass rush somewhat honest

If it happens, guess what, we draft a QB and know Finley is not the guy. There is literally no downside in this move. We either get a guy who is decent enough to win games and we maybe build around him, or he fails miserably, we get a top pick and we draft a QB. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 04:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can we bench you for a more accurate poster?  Hilarious

His PFF score is 11.4

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 04:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can get my cat here to walk across the keyboard...I can't promise he will be better than me but hey, it's change for the sake of change, right?

fvggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggz58zxnbhbbbbbbbbbbn               C VVVV

My cat always somehow manages to turn the spotify on, very loudly and open the page stats on the right...and more annoyingly, flips the page upside down. I never even knew that was possible before...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Much as I like Andy I make this move also - they need to know if they can roll with Finley or if they need to go QB in Round 1. If Ryan looks like a keeper I either let Andy try his options after the season or try to work a trade. If Ryan does not look like a keeper then they keep Andy to be the bridge to a new QB. Either way whether they like it or not they HAVE to trade some vets for picks as right now they do not have enough blue chip picks to address the needs.
Reply/Quote
Thought this day would never come.

No idea if Finley will be any better, but it feels nice to finally be moving on from both Marvin and Dalton.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But not as bad as Troy Aikman's 0-11 in '89.

Fred going back to the Regan era to try to make Dalton look better lol

#relevant

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 05:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Esiason and Palmer get fed up and get traded, Dalton plays good soldier and takes a team-friendly deal and we give him a slew of garbage coaches and then bench his arse.  Lesson learned, kids.

"Nice guys finish last"

True story

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 05:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thought this day would never come.

No idea if Finley will be any better, but it feels nice to finally be moving on from both Marvin and Dalton.

True, this is the most refreshing 0-8 start I've ever experienced...and I'm not even sure if I'm being a smartass anymore.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd be more willing to keep the top defensive players.

At least Geno and Carlos have been able to stay on the field.  AJ is about the same age as them, but he can't stay healthy.

Yet AJ actually produces when he does play. Unlike those 2 who disappear for huge chunks of the season at a time.

Reply/Quote
You're putting a rookie QB behind the worst offensive line, the worst running game in the league, and a terrible Defense. We're going 0-16 and that's going to be hard to overcome for Zach in the off season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I didn't see any pre-season games (work). Can somebody tell me how mobile Finley is? or is he another statue QB??
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:38 PM)J24 Wrote: And Zach just lost all his credibility in the lockeroom.

Much better QB’s than Andy Dalton have been benched in this league.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 06:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yet AJ actually produces when he does play. Unlike those 2 who disappear for huge chunks of the season at a time.

AJ's been disappearing to the sidelines lately, though.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 06:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Much better QB’s than Andy Dalton have been benched in this league.

True but there aren't many situations worse than the Bengals. 
Dalton isn't the issue and neither is Finley. The Offensive line is and putting the guy with the least amount of experience behind it will get him killed and will destroy any chance that the offense has at scoring.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote