Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AD Benched. Finley to Start
(10-29-2019, 02:04 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1189225627859259393?s=20

Wow!

I wish Finley well, but just like I said careful what you wish for with hiring new HC, I say Finley is not a franchise QB upfront, but get him some experience as he can be capable back up. If he struggles first 2 or 3 games, then see if Jake is that guy.

I hope we also give others a shot to play more as well, why not no benefit in trying to destroy a top 3 pick at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The future is not Finley, AJ isnt going to make Ryan into a Pro Bowler, we need to move Green too.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Buy your season tickets Bengals fans!

Just when the fanbase is about to bail, Mike Brown pull us back in!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I wish Finley well, but just like I said careful what you wish for with hiring new HC, I say Finley is not a franchise QB upfront, but get him some experience as he can be capable back up. If he struggles first 2 or 3 games, then see if Jake is that guy.

I hope we also give others a shot to play more as well, why not no benefit in trying to destroy a top 3 pick at this point.

Haha...watch Finley come in and lead them to 5-6 wins and we'll pick 1 spot after a star OT goes!
Reply/Quote
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Chances are we have a very basic Ryanfinley. But it'll at least give us something to watch.

And if we have a good Ryanfinley, maybe we pick a little further down the draft, but we might not need a QB anymore.

If our Ryanfinley malfunctions, we've lost nothing.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:07 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Absolutely.

It also makes the lack of trades even more puzzling. If you're sitting Dalton, then you're looking for the future. Why they aren't trading some is confusing. Then again, seeing Green/Finley work together might be worth it. Who knows?

If we aren't gonna play Dalton might as well trade him for whatever we can get....  He was a class act his entire time here no reason to waste the rest of his season.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: This move was key to the rebuild in my eyes and the fact we made the switch bodes well moving forward. He may or may not be the guy but we at least can head into the off season knowing.

That's the main thing. He's going to decide what direction the team goes with the first pick. 

I have no problem keeping AJ, but they have some guys on the defensive side that i wouldn't mind them moving to try and get chips to move up in the draft. I'd probably rather keep Eifert as well, for QB reasons and because i don't know that they could get anything of real value for him. That said, if he get's another season ending injury, i wouldn't waste any more time, i'd just do an injury settlement and bye bye.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:19 PM)impactplaya Wrote: But he's 0 and 8.
Just like DeShone Kizer was 2 years ago.

But not as bad as Troy Aikman's 0-11 in '89.
Reply/Quote
Guess we'll ultimately get an answer to the question of if it's Dalton or the O-Line. I just hope Finley doesn't get killed in the process.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Hoping to not hear another peep about Andy Dalton around here now... Doubt it happens though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Chances are we have a very basic Ryanfinley. But it'll at least give us something to watch.

And if we have a good Ryanfinley, maybe we pick a little further down the draft, but we might not need a QB anymore.

If our Ryanfinley malfunctions, we've lost nothing.

this is to find our Backup of the future not starter....
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I wish Finley well, but just like I said careful what you wish for with hiring new HC, I say Finley is not a franchise QB upfront, but get him some experience as he can be capable back up. If he struggles first 2 or 3 games, then see if Jake is that guy.

Here's the deal, record wise he can't be worse than 0-8. I'd rather be 0-8 with him than 0-8 with a 9 year veteran who has reached his ceiling. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: this is to find our Backup of the future not starter....

Disagree, this is to see what they have. The rumor coming out of the draft was that Taylor REALLY like Finley and that comes from a scout I know that doesn't work for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Probably some coaches should be fired and Taylor should be stripped of playcalling duties.

I kind of feel like Dalton is the fall guy...although a change makes sense. It's just...they need other changes too.

I dont' see him as a fall guy but i do agree, they need to be looking at the organization from top to bottom and be open-minded enough to make the changes that are necessary, no matter what they are; trades, coaching responsibility/release, restructure FO, FA, etc. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:20 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The future is not Finley, AJ isnt going to make Ryan into a Pro Bowler, we need to move Green too.
How much you want to bet that starting Finley is mainly due to them not wanting to trade Green? "We gotta keep Green to help out Finley!"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This means Burrow will likely be the Bengals pick next draft.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's a sad day to be Fred.

I posted this over a month ago (9-23)

(09-23-2019, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys know how I defend Dalton, but if we are eliminated we should see what we have in Finley. 

Unless this defense and O-line makes huge improvements Dalton will have to play like a Pro Bowler to get another contract from the Bengals.  Even if he is playing well enough to start for another team that is just a QB away, we won't begin a complete re-build around a 34-year-old QB.  Plus paying a QB 20+ million makes it harder to fill other holes on the roster.  So we will be going with a Finley or a 2019 draft pick.  

It would be amazing for us if we were to have found a starter with a fourth round pick.  Again that allows us to use a high first round pick on another hole in the roster.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:24 PM)jason Wrote: Hoping to not hear another peep about Andy Dalton around here now... Doubt it happens though.

If Finley or the next QB is better, the Dalton haters will not shut up about it.
If Finley or the next QB is worse, the Dalton defenders will not shut up about it.
If Finley or the next QB is the same, the Dalton haters AND Dalton defenders will not shut up about it.

No matter what, Dalton will still get mentioned for at least a season after he's gone. Look at how Marvin is still discussed around here.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: Disagree, this is to see what they have. The rumor coming out of the draft was that Taylor REALLY like Finley and that comes from a scout I know that doesn't work for the Bengals.

Doesn't matter Talyor really liked Dalton too and look what hes done to the guy....

We can all really like finley too...  The chances he turns into our next franchise QB though are slim
Reply/Quote