Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. (/Thread-Per-Jason-La-Canfora-Dalton-offseason)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - fredtoast - 11-07-2019

(11-06-2019, 01:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I still maintain we’ve had FO issues and QB issues the last few years. And it’s not solely one or the other.

Mike Brown without Andy Dalton.... 115-204-1  .361%  2 winning seasons in 20 years

Mike Brown with Andy Dalton...……   68- 58-2   .539%  5 winning seasons in 9 years  

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - jj22 - 11-07-2019

(11-05-2019, 07:29 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I hope we finally win a playoff game after 28 years. I could give a rats behind about five straight losses in the playoffs. In fact to tell the truth I do try to forget the playoff appearences by your boy Andy. 

Yea, I was there with you. Turning my nose up to winning seasons, competitive Octobers, high pressured Decembers, exciting Sundays and a shot at a championship in January all the while sneak reading the Browns board to bask in their misery.

Then I woke up in Kansas and we were 0-8 headed to our 4th losing season.

I'll season up some crow and say I'd take those playoff runs (hell even with the primetime blunders), over what we may be in for this next decade.

At least fans had something to really be outraged about. Folks cared.

Now it's like wake me when we win.

Best case is Finley shows well and we win some games, but don't lose the 1st overall pick. Free up the pick (or trade). So I stand with you boy, as I have with any Bengal QB that didn't quit on the team. And even then the current state of the Franchise has Palmer all forgiven in my book.

I think the Dalton/Green era was a good run in hindsight. The two who will be most remembered.

There's no reason for me to take shots at Dalton. Especially now that the era is over.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Catmandude123 - 11-07-2019

(11-07-2019, 10:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yea, I was there with you. Turning my nose up to winning seasons, competitive Octobers, high pressured Decembers, exciting Sundays and a shot at a championship in January all the while sneak reading the Browns board to bask in their misery.

Then I woke up in Kansas and we were 0-8 headed to our 4th losing season.

I'll season up some crow and say I'd take those playoff runs (hell even with the primetime blunders), over what we may be in for this next decade.

At least fans had something to really be outraged about. Folks cared.

Now it's like wake me when we win.

Best case is Finley shows well and we win some games, but don't lose the 1st overall pick. Free up the pick (or trade). So I stand with you boy, as I have with any Bengal QB that didn't quit on the team. And even then the current state of the Franchise has Palmer all forgiven in my book.

I think the Dalton/Green era was a good run in hindsight. The two who will be most remembered.

There's no reason for me to take shots at Dalton. Especially now that the era is over.
Yeah those were the glory days I guess for Bengals fans. Five straight disappointments in five straight playoff games and 3-13 against the Steelers. If only we could have that again. Those were the good old days.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - bfine32 - 11-07-2019

(11-06-2019, 09:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Jason la Confora said GMs have a 2nd round value on Dalton.  I don't think any team is giving up a 2nd round pick for a back up.

But what would NFL GMs know about Dalton.  They have not invested years trying to spin everything to shit on him like some Bengals fans.

Of course this off season the following could be available without costing one draft pick:

Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota/ Ryan Tannehill
Teddy Bridgewater
Case Keenum

and Cam will cost a pick or Allen will be available for free.

But you, LaCanfora, and NFL GMs will give a second for Andy coming off a season where he was benched after going 0-8 and being the 29th ranked QB in the NFL.

What next? You going to tell me it would be stupid to trade Andy for Derek Carr...

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Nicomo Cosca - 11-07-2019

(11-07-2019, 01:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown without Andy Dalton.... 115-204-1  .361%  2 winning seasons in 20 years

Mike Brown with Andy Dalton...……   68- 58-2   .539%  5 winning seasons in 9 years  

Mike Brown with Carson Palmer made the playoffs multiple times. And that was with bad defenses.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Catmandude123 - 11-07-2019

(11-07-2019, 10:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course this off season the following could be available without costing one draft pick:

Jameis Winston
Teddy Bridgewater
Case Keenum

But you, LaCanfora, and NFL GMs will give a second for Andy coming off a season where he was benched after going 0-8 and being the 29th ranked QB in the NFL.

What next? You going to tell me it would be stupid to trade Andy for Derek Carr...Having HHaving tj
Having the first over all pick may be a boon for the Bengals if Mikey would consider trading back. 

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Nicomo Cosca - 11-07-2019

(11-07-2019, 10:54 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Having the first over all pick may be a boon for the Bengals if Mikey would consider trading back. 

I really don’t understand why so many of you who think the Bengals are terrible at drafting recently want a trade back for more picks.

Much better odds getting a really good player picking early.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Nately120 - 11-08-2019

(11-07-2019, 10:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course this off season the following could be available without costing one draft pick:

Jameis Winston
Teddy Bridgewater
Case Keenum

What next? You going to tell me it would be stupid to trade Andy for Derek Carr...

I could see us having Tannehill under center to start the 2020 season in order to better complete ZT's perfect plan to make us into the 2015 Dolphins (though winning 6-8 games right now sounds pretty sweet).

Boy, what a difference half a year makes.  We went into this season expecting ZT to turn Andy back into 2015 Andy if not better, and here we are.  Dust in the wind, man.  Dust in the wind.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - grampahol - 11-08-2019

(11-04-2019, 05:15 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: “Longtime Bengals starter Andy Dalton was forthright in his displeasure with the team for not attempting to trade him before benching him this week, and eagerly anticipates an offseason trade, league sources said. Dalton, the second-highest passer in franchise history who is tied for the Bengals’ record for touchdown passes (197), will have a viable trade market, several GMs said, and should land a second-round pick in return.”

The fact that the Bengals and Dalton are at odds doesn’t come as a shock.

However, the fact that Dalton believes a trade is forthcoming, makes it seem like the Bengals were listening to offers and if they were doing for Dalton, it probably means others are on the blocks as well.

Also the fact that multiple GM's told Jason they would trade a 2nd rounder for Dalton makes it hard to believe they wouldn't take the deal.

It also means that if Finley doesn't play well, our 1st pick is probably an injued QB.

La Canfora also reported that the Bucs may be the best option to land Dalton.

It's at least promising news that the Bengals did at least do the due diligence on a potential Dalton trade.

I know..a mere oversight..

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - I_C_DeadPeople - 11-08-2019

(11-08-2019, 12:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I could see us having Tannehill under center to start the 2020 season in order to better complete ZT's perfect plan to make us into the 2015 Dolphins (though winning 6-8 games right now sounds pretty sweet).

Boy, what a difference half a year makes.  We went into this season expecting ZT to turn Andy back into 2015 Andy if not better, and here we are.  Dust in the wind, man.  Dust in the wind.

I had no such illusions about ZT and Dalton. The OL was going to be a disastrous from the get go so there was no way the offense could get any traction.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - J24 - 11-08-2019

(11-07-2019, 10:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mike Brown with Carson Palmer made the playoffs multiple times. And that was with bad defenses.

2009 was a top 5 Defense that carried the offense to the playoffs.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Nicomo Cosca - 11-08-2019

(11-08-2019, 02:21 AM)J24 Wrote: 2009 was a top 5 Defense that carried the offense to the playoffs.

My point still stands though. Andy Dalton was not some savior that rescued this franchise from irrelevance. The 2 winning seasons before Dalton that Freddy mentioned were by Andy’s predecessor. Obviously the team was doing some things right before the Great Andy Dalton got here.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Catmandude123 - 11-08-2019

(11-07-2019, 11:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I really don’t understand why so many of you who think the Bengals are terrible at drafting recently want a trade back for more picks.

It would be hard for them to find multiple pre draft injured players. So maybe they would end up with a player who doesn't begin his season on IR.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - jj22 - 11-08-2019

(11-07-2019, 10:37 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah those were the glory days I guess for Bengals fans. Five straight disappointments in five straight playoff games and 3-13 against the Steelers. If only we could have that again. Those were the good old days.

You aren't going to find many people preferring these 0-8 seasons to 10-6/12-4 seasons.

But I'm glad you like these days. At least someone does.

Jameis Winston
Teddy Bridgewater
Case Keenum

So you'd sign these qb's who rarely if ever sniffed the playoffs for a guy who's led his team to the playoffs 5/9 years?

If MB signed one of these qb's in Free Agency over the playoff experienced QB available, we'd be attacking him as inept.

(11-07-2019, 10:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mike Brown with Carson Palmer made the playoffs multiple times. And that was with bad defenses.

If we are giving Palmer credit for leading his team to the playoffs 2 out of 8 years, why are we taking shots at the qb who led the team to the playoffs 5 out of 9?

Which QB would you guys choose.
A. The one who led a far better veteran team to the playoffs 2/8 years.
B. The one that led their team to the playoffs 5/9 years.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - fredtoast - 11-08-2019

(11-07-2019, 11:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I really don’t understand why so many of you who think the Bengals are terrible at drafting recently want a trade back for more picks.

The best way to increase your odds of pickinga great player is to have more picks.

I am not suggesting we trade out of the first round.  It just seems that top 5 picks are over valued.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - fredtoast - 11-08-2019

(11-08-2019, 05:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: My point still stands though. Andy Dalton was not some savior that rescued this franchise from irrelevance. The 2 winning seasons before Dalton that Freddy mentioned were by Andy’s predecessor. Obviously the team was doing some things right before the Great Andy Dalton got here.

Mike Brown with Carson Palmer at QB....... 46-51-0,  2 winning seasons in 7 years
Mike Brown with Andy dalton at QB........... 68-58-2,  5 winning seasons in 9 years 

(11-08-2019, 10:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: You aren't going to find many people preferring these 0-8 seasons to 10-6/12-4 seasons.

But I'm glad you like these days. At least someone does.

I do really loathe those seasons. Filled with so much promise five years straight only to come to a train wreck at the end of season. Then having to suffer four years in a row because some people can't seem to let go of those "GLORY DAYS".

(11-08-2019, 10:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown with Carson Palmer at QB....... 46-51-0,  2 winning seasons in 7 years
Mike Brown with Andy dalton at QB........... 68-58-2,  5 winning seasons in 9 years 

Carson and Andy didn't win or lose by themselves. Isn't that what the consensus is on this board when speaking poorly of AD?