Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff (/Thread-SI-Report-Bengals-planning-major-shake-up-to-Taylor-s-staff)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - SunsetBengal - 01-01-2021

(01-01-2021, 07:34 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I can see the why. It's just the how that never works well. Unless you mean bullying the other teams 300 lbs. men.
Then I'm all for that also...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Like it or not, football is a game that is typically won and lost by the big men in the trenches.  Those dudes ain't Waltzing out there, they're pretty much brawling.  You want the group with the toughest bodies and the strongest minds to inflict their will upon another group of equally matched men.  The games are rarely "clean", the fighting gets dirty.  When times get tough, you need that Alpha dog to set an example for the rest of the unit to follow.

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - J24 - 01-01-2021

(01-01-2021, 01:54 PM)corpjet Wrote: No way in Holy Hell does he deserve that job.....like every other assistant coach on our stuff none have accomplished much on their previous stops. What we need is a house cleaning of all coordinators and position coaches.

You are right but that's not how things work with the Bengals. There is a difference between what should and what will happen here.

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Murdock2420 - 01-01-2021

(01-01-2021, 07:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You're comparing Elsie Jesse to a Steelers 'fan-writer?  Mellow

Was an writer from the same Fan section of SI that said it. 

I honestly know nothing about Elise Jesse. Just saw her articles in the same section as the guy who posted the Steelers thing about JuJu and figured I'd share. 

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Murdock2420 - 01-01-2021

(01-01-2021, 07:20 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Other sources, i.e. Von Bell, stated BEFORE the game that he would get blown up given the opportunity if he were to dance on our logo.

Ju-Ju did, so Bell did.

THEN Tomlin had a chat with Ju-Ju about no longer dancing midfield.

So apparently their writers, much like their players and coaches, can't read.

Right.

I wasn't agreeing with the opinion, I was simply stating the guy who said that writes for the same section of SI as the articles Jesse post. 

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Nicomo Cosca - 01-01-2021

(01-01-2021, 02:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Brother, you are way off base here...and I won't make a silly kitchen cliche.  The Bengals had raised the pay of Gruden, Zimmer, and Simmons under Marv to the point that the Bengals had three coaches making over $1 million dollars a year (if memory serves).  ZT wasn't given any special ingredients.  A lot of "what's left" guys like Anarumo.  They also gave Marv WR coaches like James Urban, and QB coaches like Van Pelt.  ZT got NOTHING in comparison.  

Zac not being able to bring in better coaches was on him. The team would have hired Del Rio had he been interested in working for Taylor. I don’t believe for s second it was a matter of lowballing him. Del Rio (and several others) wisely saw that ZT wasn’t ready to be a HC.

Marvin was able to bring those coaches because he was actually respected around the league.

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Nicomo Cosca - 01-01-2021

(01-01-2021, 07:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I kinda wish that the Bengals had some Alpha OL personalities, capable of bullying other 300+lb. men..

There’s a certain Samoan we still have a shot at that will help in that regard...

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - GodFather - 01-02-2021

Zac Taylor makes one major change this offseason to Bengals staff only firing long time water boy Bobby Boucher claiming the lack of fresh water is the cause for 2020's failures. This didn't upset Bobby though, as he was seen leaving the Bengals building he looked back and said "“Mama say that happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you feelin’ blue.”

[Image: waterboy2jpg]

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Bengalitis - 01-02-2021

well, the Browns won't be in Swissland on vacation this time (thank you COVID) so maybe they take the time to look for a legit coach to run this team.

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - BengalsRocker - 01-02-2021

(01-01-2021, 10:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Was an writer from the same Fan section of SI that said it. 

I honestly know nothing about Elise Jesse. Just saw her articles in the same section as the guy who posted the Steelers thing about JuJu and figured I'd share. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/elise-jesse-announces-departure-from-wlwt-tv-news-5/ar-BB16y022

She's not just some fan writer.

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Daddy-O - 01-02-2021

(01-01-2021, 02:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: why not take head of snake off first

he owns the team

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Nicomo Cosca - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 10:51 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: he owns the team

Not sure why this is so hard to understand lol

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - SHRacerX - 01-02-2021

(01-01-2021, 11:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Zac not being able to bring in better coaches was on him. The team would have hired Del Rio had he been interested in working for Taylor. I don’t believe for s second it was a matter of lowballing him. Del Rio (and several others) wisely saw that ZT wasn’t ready to be a HC.

Marvin was able to bring those coaches because he was actually respected around the league.

Marvin was able to "bring in" a guy with no real NFL coaching experience in Jay Gruden?  He was an offensive assistant under his brother at Tampa Bay and he was so sought after when his brother left Tampa that he became an Arena league OC, and the next year, their HC.   

Zimmer was hired away from a volatile Cowboys DC job to be the DC (lateral move) for Petrino at the Falcons, who promptly quit after 13 games to go coach Arkansas.  The Bengals offered him the DC position the following season.  It wasn't like he was some hot NFL commodity, either.  

The Bengals struck gold with both those coordinators, even though Gruden had very little NFL experience and Zimmer was coming off a job where the ownership didn't ask him back.  That had nothing to do with Marvin's respect level.  

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - fredtoast - 01-02-2021

(01-01-2021, 06:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Has nothing to do whatsoever about Taylor. It only has to do with people who believe anything they hear or read. I don't know what is going to happen with coaching changes, but I guarantee her "sources" if they even exist, are BS because decisions made by the Browns, Blackburns and Tobin do not get leaked until they are ready to announce something. If you've followed this club for any length of time you would know that.

From January 10 2019 (almost a month before Taylor was hired)

Cincinnati Bengals hope to hire Rams' Zac Taylor as head coach - ABC News (go.com)

Los Angeles Rams quarterbacks coach Zac Taylor is the Cincinnati Bengals' top choice to be their next head coach, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.

So I guess you have been following the Bengals for less than 2 years Hilarious

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - fredtoast - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 12:42 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Marvin was able to "bring in" a guy with no real NFL coaching experience in Jay Gruden?  He was an offensive assistant under his brother at Tampa Bay and he was so sought after when his brother left Tampa that he became an Arena league OC, and the next year, their HC.   

Zimmer was hired away from a volatile Cowboys DC job to be the DC (lateral move) for Petrino at the Falcons, who promptly quit after 13 games to go coach Arkansas.  The Bengals offered him the DC position the following season.  It wasn't like he was some hot NFL commodity, either.  

The Bengals struck gold with both those coordinators, even though Gruden had very little NFL experience and Zimmer was coming off a job where the ownership didn't ask him back.  That had nothing to do with Marvin's respect level.  

WTF.  First you say the Bengals did not treat Zac fairly because they did not give him desirable assistants like they did with Marvin.  Now you are saying Marvin did not get any desirable assistants.

So which is it?

All I know is that the Bengals could not even get any decent candidates to interview for the positions.  They were getting turned down by college coaches.

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - SHRacerX - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 01:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF.  First you say the Bengals did not treat Zac fairly because they did not give him desirable assistants like they did with Marvin.  Now you are saying Marvin did not get any desirable assistants.

So which is it?

All I know is that the Bengals could not even get any decent candidates to interview for the positions.  They were getting turned down by college coaches.

WTF?  The Bengals hit with Gruden and Zimmer.  They did not with the likes of Anarumo or Callahan/Turner.  Please tell me how that isn't true?  Please illustrate how Marvin had ANYTHING to do with the likes of a Jay Gruden and Mike Zimmer, who were not really hot commodities around the league.  

Glad you joined in to throw your usual assbaggery around.  But you must not have even understood the original point.  Marvin's "respect around the league" had nothing to do with these also-rans (at the time) being hired.  

(01-02-2021, 01:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: WTF?  The Bengals hit with Gruden and Zimmer.  They did not with the likes of Anarumo or Callahan/Turner.  Please tell me how that isn't true?  Please illustrate how Marvin had ANYTHING to do with the likes of a Jay Gruden and Mike Zimmer, who were not really hot commodities around the league.  

Glad you joined in to throw your usual assbaggery around.  But you must not have even understood the original point.  Marvin's "respect around the league" had nothing to do with these also-rans (at the time) being hired.  

You can throw around all the childish person insults you want, but the fact is that you first claimed that the front office helped Marvin by giving him desirable assistants like Urban and VanPelt

(01-01-2021, 02:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: They also gave Marv WR coaches like James Urban, and QB coaches like Van Pelt.  ZT got NOTHING in comparison.  

Then when someone pointed out that these coaches were more willing to work with a reputable HC like Marvin Lewis you started squealing about how none of the assistants were desirable and the Bengals just got lucky when they hired some "also rans".

So which is it?  

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - JSR18 - 01-02-2021

(01-01-2021, 09:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Like it or not, football is a game that is typically won and lost by the big men in the trenches.  Those dudes ain't Waltzing out there, they're pretty much brawling.  You want the group with the toughest bodies and the strongest minds to inflict their will upon another group of equally matched men.  The games are rarely "clean", the fighting gets dirty.  When times get tough, you need that Alpha dog to set an example for the rest of the unit to follow.

I'm not disagreeing with you...

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Benton - 01-02-2021

(01-01-2021, 11:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Zac not being able to bring in better coaches was on him. The team would have hired Del Rio had he been interested in working for Taylor. I don’t believe for s second it was a matter of lowballing him. Del Rio (and several others) wisely saw that ZT wasn’t ready to be a HC.

Eh, marvin was here longer. He had a lot of bad coordinators. I mean,honestly, his best were zim and jay and those weren't a matter of respect. People were laughing when we hired jay and zim had bounced around some.

There isn't any evidence why we didn't get better coordinators. Your belief is nobody likes zac. And that's ok to think that. My belief is they looked at the roster, saw there wasn't anything to put their reputation on and walked away.

Good players make good coaches.

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - PDub80 - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 01:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: WTF?  The Bengals hit with Gruden and Zimmer.  They did not with the likes of Anarumo or Callahan/Turner.  Please tell me how that isn't true?  Please illustrate how Marvin had ANYTHING to do with the likes of a Jay Gruden and Mike Zimmer, who were not really hot commodities around the league.  

Marvin Lewis, at the time he was hired through (I would guestimate) 80% of his time in Cincy, was tremendously respected around the league and by his peers. He had put in the time and had skins on the wall. His peers have mainly retired or the league has moved on.

I don't doubt that Marvin was able to sway certain coaches off the fence to come to Cincy or stay. Gruden, Zimmer, & Vance Joseph are three that come to mind. Hue Jackson is a really good offensive coach and he came back repeatedly.... perhaps through necessity. 

The Bengals had a stable of excellent coaches and some horrifically bad ones as well, under Marvin. Leslie Frazier also went on to be a head coach along with the 4 mentioned above, while Chuck Bresnahan is on a milk carton somewhere.

I think where Zac struggled with getting coaches is 1: He has a poor NFL and college resume. 2: He is young. Like, who does he really know in the NFL? 3: He was hired ultra late.... and 4: He works for the Bengals.

1 good year and I think the Bengals could have a lot of young coaches lining up. For what it's worth, I love Brian Callahan.... Just bummed ZT couldn't get his dad & father in law, bIll, to come to Cincy as well.

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - PDub80 - 01-02-2021

I'm sorry, but I don't hate the coaching staff the same way others do. Do changes need made? YES. Hear me out....

I think the offense showed huge improvement this year. I think the players are 75% of the problem and the DC, OLine coach, etc maybe 25%.

I'm sorry, but if the players had made the routine plays that were there to be made, the Bengals probably only lose 4 or 5 games AT MOST. They should have been 6-2 AT WORST heading into the bye-week if guys just did basic football stuff right.

You can't scheme missing blocks or assignments. You cannot scheme WR & TE drops. You cannot scheme around losing $75million in STARTERS worth of your salary cap to injury.

And you cannot make chicken salad out of chicken shit. I'm sorry, but you can't. The players each took turns blowing games. The coaches maybe had a gaff or two, but the plays were there to won... a lot.