Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) (/Thread-Statement-from-Mike-Brown-Zac-is-back)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - kalibengal - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 11:22 AM)Big Boss Wrote: "We remain bullish on a head coach with 6 wins in 2 years.  Could not possibly do better."

Just have to laugh at this point....who other than MB would say something so stupid and to offend his fan base.  You might think at his age there may be more urgency to win NOW but no he sticks to his usual MO, plodding away like a dumb turtle stuck in 1968 while other teams  make the hard decisions and effort to try and right the ship NOW.  "Bullish"? really? 5 or 6 winds in 2 seasons?? That term Bullish also tells you where his dumb old mind is always at....$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!! 
If he would have at least announced a GM, It would have shown some kind of effort to get with the 2020 NFL way of doing business.
All 3 AFC N teams made the playoffs with good records and he remains Bullish.....more LIKE MORE BULLSHIT! 

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - ochocincos - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown sucks as an owner.  I have criticized him heavily over the years.  But all of you getting upset about the comment "The fans wanted it" are just being hyper sensitive snowflakes.

All he is doing is acknowledging that he listened to the fans.  Isn't that what you all wanted?

The fans wanted a change to go from Marvin to someone who could get them over the playoff hump.
They didn't want just anyone.
I personally was not very excited about Taylor, as his resume was pretty bad other than being the QB coach for the Rams. I had some hope for him if he had been able to get a proven OC and DC, of which he didn't do.
Taylor reminds me of the car salesperson who sells you a lemon.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - leonardfan40 - 01-04-2021

I’ve said it before and will say it again even with the meltdown. I’m fine giving Zac another year as long as Turner and Lou are gone and replaced with good coaches. I’ll let it play out

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - muskiesfan - 01-04-2021

I'm honestly not surprised we kept Zac. I'm even less surprised that Mike threw this on the fans. I feel like Mike is essentially saying that he did this for us and look at where we are. Just another way for him to justify his way in his head. The only reason I can think that the League and other owners are okay with this piece of shit is because its an easy win for them more often than not.

I'm not really upset or disappointed by this. I knew what was going to happen. We all did. I'm upset and disappointed with myself that I support this garbage owner and his mostly garbage product. I'm too loyal though. I'll be reading every article heading up to free agency and the draft. I'll be following along with training camp and Burrow's recovery. I'll watch every game next season. All the bitching and complaining is all it is. This is my team. I think that's the worst part and it's my own fault. I know how shitty The Family is, I know how dumb they are, I know they're the worst in professional sports. It's my fault that I continue to follow them and they'll be my team until the end.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Nicomo Cosca - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 01:03 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’ve said it before and will say it again even with the meltdown. I’m fine giving Zac another year as long as Turner and Lou are gone and replaced with good coaches. I’ll let it play out

Lou is not going anywhere. You upset now?

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - MileHighGrowler - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 12:37 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: True, but if we all had a say in it, we'd turn into the Cleveland Browns.  New HC every year, maybe not new QB every year now that we have Burrow, but prior to that I'd bet on that too.  

Why can't we just be happy that it turns out MB does give a crap what the fans want.  He has not only proven it with making the change and spending in FA, he's now also come out and said it.  Oh right, it's popular and cool to hate on MB.  

The Browns were a laughing stock because they were a constant carousel of coaches and QBs.  They wouldn't let anyone stay long enough to see what they had.  They kept making changes.  But eventually those changes seem to have gotten them where they'd like to go.  They made big FA moves, swapped coaches until they got the right one, and now they're in the playoffs while we're looking at 6 wins over 2 seasons.  

I don't think MB needs to listen to the fans and do what they request.  But I think he's also stupid to not see how rabid the fanbase is when there's a winner on the field and to do everything he can to make the team exactly that every year.  

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - wildcatnku24 - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 01:03 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’ve said it before and will say it again even with the meltdown. I’m fine giving Zac another year as long as Turner and Lou are gone and replaced with good coaches. I’ll let it play out

We at least have Turner gone at this point.  Should hear something about Lou one way or the other shortly I'd assume.

My boys in blue got our RB coach.  Not entirely sure how I feel about that, given that Perrine and Williams looked really good and were #3 and #4 RB.  He made something outta nothing, in terms of depth playing like starters.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - BleedNOrange - 01-04-2021

Wait, MB got rid of Marvin because that is what the fan's wanted but also will keep Zac because screw the fans? Look at Wes Mantooth's poll. 84% of the people on this board want him gone (admittedly, I have no idea if the people here represent the overall fan base). So MB cares what the fans want or not?

This reeks of MB thinking that he does not wanting to pay a coach to sit at home. Maybe MB deep down knows that we couldn't attract anyone better anyways so what's the point.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Wes Mantooth - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was telling the fans that he listened to their concerns.

If he didn't you would be here bitching about how he never listens to the fans.

Why would he feel the need to tell them that?

You don't think fans knew he "listened to their concerns" when they finally parted ways with Marvin Lewis?  I don't think fans needed to be told the front office took the fans opinion into account when they made a coaching a change.

Seem incredibly odd to use this time, of all times, to remind them of this fact (the fans wanted change). At the very least it was a terrible way to start a statement.  At the very worst it was a dig at the fans. 

And let's all be honest here, if he really was so in tune and cared for fans concerns so much then Zac Taylor would be gone. 95% of this fanbase wants him outta here. Pretty stupid to start championing the fact you listened to fans 2 years ago when you're ignoring them now.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Rubekahn29 - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 01:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lou is not going anywhere. You upset now?

Do we know this for sure? 

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - wildcatnku24 - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 01:07 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: The Browns were a laughing stock because they were a constant carousel of coaches and QBs.  They wouldn't let anyone stay long enough to see what they had.  They kept making changes.  But eventually those changes seem to have gotten them where they'd like to go.  They made big FA moves, swapped coaches until they got the right one, and now they're in the playoffs while we're looking at 6 wins over 2 seasons.  

I don't think MB needs to listen to the fans and do what they request.  But I think he's also stupid to not see how rabid the fanbase is when there's a winner on the field and to do everything he can to make the team exactly that every year.  

That's my point, though.  We should seek some continuity.  Now, I think Taylor has an extremely short leash at this point, but someone was even posting twitter reactions from players and it seems to me that if the players believe in ZT, that should tell us what we really need to know.  Getting players to continue to believe in you while having a sh1tty record has to mean something.  Do I choose to believe it? yes.  But most folks here choose to believe all kinds of stuff about MB that certainly can't be true.  

I think one of the most positive attributes of ZT is that he has his folks believing in what he's doing.  Belief alone obviously won't do it, but you add talent to that and it can get interesting.  Bottom line, I'm excited as heck for this offseason to see what we do.  if we can fix our OL and add Chase from LSU, watch out.  

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Rubekahn29 - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 01:14 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Why would he feel the need to tell them that?

You don't think fans knew he "listened to their concerns" when they finally parted ways with Marvin Lewis?  I don't think fans needed to be told the front office took the fans opinion into account when they made a coaching a change.

Seem incredibly odd to use this time, of all times, to remind them of this fact (the fans wanted change).

At the very least it was a terrible way to start a statement.  At the very worst it was a dig at the fans. 

Fred's just being a contrarian. MB knew exaclty what he was saying, and his intent was to blame fans. He never wanted ML gone, so this is his way of saying, "told you so," without actually saying it. It lacks any accountability and just speaks to his incompetence of an owner seeking to put out the best team possible. 

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - fredtoast - 01-04-2021

In the end I don't think it matter how Mike worded the statement. No matter how he said it the results would have been the same. PBS will be empty next year unless we come out winning from day 1.

2020 was our 5th straight losing season and over that stretch the Jets are the only team in the league with fewer wins than the Bengals. Even if we somehow stumble to an 8-8 record next year fans won't be satisfied.

(01-04-2021, 01:17 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Fred's just being a contrarian. MB knew exaclty what he was saying, and his intent was to blame fans. He never wanted ML gone, so this is his way of saying, "told you so," without actually saying it. It lacks any accountability and just speaks to his incompetence of an owner seeking to put out the best team possible. 

You are just making all of this up in your head.

(01-04-2021, 01:14 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Why would he feel the need to tell them that?

I already explained that to you.

If he had not said that then you would be squealing about how he never listens to the fans.

(01-04-2021, 01:10 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Wait, MB got rid of Marvin because that is what the fan's wanted but also will keep Zac because screw the fans?  Look at Wes Mantooth's poll.  84% of the people on this board want him gone (admittedly, I have no idea if the people here represent the overall fan base).  So MB cares what the fans want or not?

This reeks of MB thinking that he does not wanting to pay a coach to sit at home.  Maybe MB deep down knows that we couldn't attract anyone better anyways so what's the point.

My thoughts too.

Kinda an odd move to reference the fact that you listened to fans in the past when you're ignoring them in the present.

"Hey, remember you guys wanted this!  I listened!  We care about our fans opinions!"

also...

"I don't care what you guys want right now!  We don't care about our fans opinions!"

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - MileHighGrowler - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 01:16 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: That's my point, though.  We should seek some continuity.  Now, I think Taylor has an extremely short leash at this point, but someone was even posting twitter reactions from players and it seems to me that if the players believe in ZT, that should tell us what we really need to know.  Getting players to continue to believe in you while having a sh1tty record has to mean something.  Do I choose to believe it? yes.  But most folks here choose to believe all kinds of stuff about MB that certainly can't be true.  

I think one of the most positive attributes of ZT is that he has his folks believing in what he's doing.  Belief alone obviously won't do it, but you add talent to that and it can get interesting.  Bottom line, I'm excited as heck for this offseason to see what we do.  if we can fix our OL and add Chase from LSU, watch out.  

You can hold the optimism for you and me both then.  In my mind, the Bengals are stupid after these two years and what Zac has shown to keep him.  I don't care if the players "support" him, I don't care that he's confident in his own abilities (which have pretty much sucked every stop along the way).  I don't see Zac as a leader, I don't see Zac as having vision or a real plan, I don't see Zac as someone who holds himself accountable at all, I don't see Zac as someone who holds his assistant coaches and coordinators accountable, I don't see Zac ever turning this around.  

I do see the Bengals making some moves in FA again, drafting a couple of guys we're all excited about, and everyone talking during TC next year about how "this year is going to be different."  We're good at that.  And as consistent at the Bengals are in disappointing this fan base, the fan base is equally consistent every year at being excited that little to no change is going to result in dramatically better results.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Nicomo Cosca - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 01:14 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Do we know this for sure? 

No, but I haven’t seen his name mentioned at all with the other coaches who are being let go. Seems like a safe assumption to me.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - jj22 - 01-04-2021

Fans wanted a GM too but he never listened to that.

(01-04-2021, 01:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I already explained that to you.

If he had not said that then you would be squealing about how he never listens to the fans.

You really think I needed Mike Brown to remind that he parted ways with Marvin Lewis?  I really needed to hear him say it out loud, that fans frustrations we're taken into consideration?

That was pretty much implied.  In fact, the team itself made numerous remarks at that time that referenced the fans.

Why would I need reminding of this?