Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
WR trio - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: WR trio (/Thread-WR-trio)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: WR trio - ochocincos - 05-07-2021

(05-07-2021, 04:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: People have to keep going back to T.O. That's ancient history. There is nothing in Ja'Marr Chase's history that suggests even a hint of diva. His own dad said he gets on him for setting trophies and pictures out. Let's give the kid a break and let him catch a pass before we label him the re-incarnation of Owens.

I never said Chase was a diva.
You inferred it because of what I said.
I'm simply stating that some people/teams are willing to play with divas if they are good enough.

RE: WR trio - jason - 05-07-2021

(05-07-2021, 04:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: People have to keep going back to T.O. That's ancient history. There is nothing in Ja'Marr Chase's history that suggests even a hint of diva. His own dad said he gets on him for setting trophies and pictures out. Let's give the kid a break and let him catch a pass before we label him the re-incarnation of Owens.

I hope he's the second coming of Owens... On the field anyway.

RE: WR trio - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-07-2021

(05-07-2021, 03:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I was talking about the Twitter ones. On here it leaned Sewell but I never saw any on Twitter in the last few weeks that leaned Sewell.

And as much as I like the board, I think the Bengals themselves are more likely to see the Twitter polls from Lance and Mo that tagged them then they are too find the polls here lol.

Oh, twitter folk. Don't care about those people. Yawn

RE: WR trio - rfaulk34 - 05-08-2021

(04-29-2021, 10:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Boyd was the top slot guy in the league last year, Higgins had almost 1000 yds. I expect Chase to be better than Higgins was. If Burrow stays healthy, I think they will be way up there.

(04-30-2021, 12:17 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I love Tyler Boyd, but this simply isn't true.

(05-01-2021, 08:05 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well on draft night on espn referenced stats wise over last two years he was leader in that position so it is your word against ESPN I guess

Last year alone, Boyd was 3rd in catches, 3rd in yards and 8th in tds. 

Over the last 2 years, Boyd is 2nd in receptions, 1 catch behind the leader, he leads in yards by less than 50 and he's tied for 2nd in touchdowns.

JJSS- 106 rec, 1051 yds, 11 tds
Beasley- 126 rec, 1473 yds, 6 tds
Boyd- 126 rec, 1515 yds, 6 tds
Kupp- 127 rec, 1444 yds, 6 tds
Fitz- 107 rec, 1009 yds, 4 tds

RE: WR trio - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 05-08-2021

(05-07-2021, 03:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You responded with something that is just your biased opinion on people who view the game differently then you and didn't bother to read anything that was actually written. Instead you did what several other Pro-Chase people have been doing which is try to talk down to people and act like you know more then anyone else. Well, if you actually knew more then anyone else you'd be getting paid for your opinion not debating on a message board. And no matter how much the game changes, one thing remains the same. The teams with the best DL's and OLs go the furthest. If drafting talented WR's was all that matter the Raiders and Lions would have multiple titles by now.

LOL and which team pays you for your opinion whilst you sit there and disparage those on message boards with alternative opinions?

RE: WR trio - BengalsRocker - 05-08-2021

(05-07-2021, 03:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Every poll showed more fans voting Chase then Sewell....so that is false.

Casual fans? Really dude, sure the league is more pass happy then ever before but the rules have made it that way. Now, again no where did I saw don't draft Chase. I simply stated if you are going to draft Chase and that is your target then you have to commit somewhere else to fixing what was the worst line in the league. 

Difference between tackle and guard.... okay try this one on... read where I literally explained that the team had issues at all 5 spots. LT can't stay healthy. LG is Spain who can be upgraded or XSF who can't stay healthy, C is coming off an ACL, RG is Carman who should be good but we have to wait and see since he is a draft pick, and then RT is a one year rental not a long term solution.

You responded with something that is just your biased opinion on people who view the game differently then you and didn't bother to read anything that was actually written. Instead you did what several other Pro-Chase people have been doing which is try to talk down to people and act like you know more then anyone else. Well, if you actually knew more then anyone else you'd be getting paid for your opinion not debating on a message board. And no matter how much the game changes, one thing remains the same. The teams with the best DL's and OLs go the furthest. If drafting talented WR's was all that matter the Raiders and Lions would have multiple titles by now.

I'm not 100% sure but I thought he meant general public's position.

Not so much a slight on you and your knowledge.  Not that you are a casual fan yourself because of your position.

There are "fans"(funny because it comes from someone being fanatical about something)that only know that our starting QB went down to injury and O-line was giving up sacks.

The above statement is true but not the whole picture of every nuance of the team's situation.

I don't know.  I could be wrong, but I do know many "fans" of the team who can barely talk about anyone but the few faces like Burrow, Mixon, or the major players let alone deeper depth positions, line players, etc.

Also for someone who is stating they don't like condescending remarks then why do you continually say stuff like "I needz da jersey" about Chase.

There is a very logical reason for taking Chase.  Yet you paint it as a "derp!!"

Maybe I'm just reading you wrong.

RE: WR trio - Sled21 - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 12:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Last year alone, Boyd was 3rd in catches, 3rd in yards and 8th in tds. 

Over the last 2 years, Boyd is 2nd in receptions, 1 catch behind the leader, he leads in yards by less than 50 and he's tied for 2nd in touchdowns.

In the slot, because I'm quite confident I heard them say he was the #1 slot receiver in the league. I did not, however, look it up.

RE: WR trio - SadFaceBengal15 - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 12:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Last year alone, Boyd was 3rd in catches, 3rd in yards and 8th in tds. 

Hey so let’s go wr round 1 and not get the best body guard for burrow lol

RE: WR trio - yang - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 10:22 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm not 100% sure but I thought he meant general public's position.

Not so much a slight on you and your knowledge.  Not that you are a casual fan yourself because of your position.

There are "fans"(funny because it comes from someone being fanatical about something)that only know that our starting QB went down to injury and O-line was giving up sacks.

The above statement is true but not the whole picture of every nuance of the team's situation.

I don't know.  I could be wrong, but I do know many "fans" of the team who can barely talk about anyone but the few faces like Burrow, Mixon, or the major players let alone deeper depth positions, line players, etc.

Also for someone who is stating they don't like condescending remarks then why do you continually say stuff like "I needz da jersey" about Chase.

There is a very logical reason for taking Chase.  Yet you paint it as a "derp!!"

Maybe I'm just reading you wrong.

Instead you did what several other Pro-Chase people have been doing which is try to talk down to people and act like you know more then anyone else. Well, if you actually knew more then anyone else you'd be getting paid for your opinion not debating on a message board. 

This stuff cracks me up every time.  The irony burns.

RE: WR trio - Bengalholic - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 10:22 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: There is a very logical reason for taking Chase.  

One of the people that weighed in on the 'logic' of taking Chase was Bill Polian. He said that when you're picking top 10, you take the guy that 'touches the ball and scores touchdowns' or a defender who can 'end games'. He said if you have the chance to take a game breaking WR, you should probably do so. 

RE: WR trio - bfine32 - 05-08-2021

[Image: TCB.png]

RE: WR trio - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 11:04 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: One of the people that weighed in on the 'logic' of taking Chase was Bill Polian. He said that when you're picking top 10, you take the guy that 'touches the ball and scores touchdowns' or a defender who can 'end games'. He said if you have the chance to take a game breaking WR, you should probably do so. 

Yep and you also have to take into account the depth at certain positions of need which the anti-Chase guys can never conceive...

RE: WR trio - SadFaceBengal15 - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep and you also have to take into account the depth at certain positions of need which the anti-Chase guys can never conceive...

Or get a guy like Tristan Wirfs or penei Sewell and then go to the ship. U can spin it anyway u want with any nfl rep u want but it will always be true that championships are won in the trenches and u always build inside out. No if ands or buts about it. And although chase is gonna be a beast chase a if, and or but. The bengals killed this draft I believe that but this draft goes from a A- to a A plug if we would’ve went Sewell then Marshall. The other guy from LSU.

RE: WR trio - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 04:29 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Or get a guy like Tristan Wirfs or penei Sewell and then go to the ship.  U can spin it anyway u want with any nfl rep u want but it will always be true that championships are won in the trenches and u always build inside out.  No if ands or buts about it.  And although chase is gonna be a beast chase a if, and or but.  The bengals killed this draft I believe that but this draft goes from a A- to a A plug if we would’ve went Sewell then Marshall.  The other guy from LSU.

Would of loved that too, but Chase is still better than Marshall and we don't know if Sewell will be better than Carman/D'Ante/Hill.

RE: WR trio - Bengalholic - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 04:29 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Or get a guy like Tristan Wirfs or penei Sewell and then go to the ship.  U can spin it anyway u want with any nfl rep u want but it will always be true that championships are won in the trenches and u always build inside out.  No if ands or buts about it.  And although chase is gonna be a beast chase a if, and or but.  The bengals killed this draft I believe that but this draft goes from a A- to a A plug if we would’ve went Sewell then Marshall.  The other guy from LSU.

Both Sewell and Chase would help the run game and the pass game. Both Sewell and Chase would help to make Burrow's life easier. Both Sewell and Chase would make this a better team overall. 

For as much as fans want to argue back and forth about which guy was the right choice, I think the reality is that there really wasn't a wrong choice. 

RE: WR trio - rfaulk34 - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 10:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: In the slot, because I'm quite confident I heard them say he was the #1 slot receiver in the league. I did not, however, look it up.

That is all slot production.

RE: WR trio - Go Cards - 05-08-2021

Wanted Sewell, yet after hearing Burrow wanted Chase I knew it was a done deal.

Am a Chase fan though. Yet like many others tired of seeing horrid OL annually and worried about Burrows future as well.

Believe the draft went really well for Bengals though and am optimistic now about upcoming seasons.

Was not optimistic before draft though.

Lots of question marks still, but addressed many in the draft too and starting to see the light at the end of tunnel. .

Who Dey

RE: WR trio - Essex Johnson - 05-09-2021

I knew they referenced and he was in yards. His stats over 2 years with a weak team is really impressive,  no doubt one of the top slots in the game.
Thanks

RE: WR trio - Essex Johnson - 05-09-2021

(05-08-2021, 05:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would of loved that too, but Chase is still better than Marshall and we don't know if Sewell will be better than Carman/D'Ante/Hill.

How dont we know ? Sewell was more impressive in his 2 years , Chase was just ok first 2 yrs.. impressive in his junior year also.. both were consensus top at their position, and they both went 1st.

RE: WR trio - Nicomo Cosca - 05-09-2021

(05-09-2021, 10:49 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: How dont we know ? Sewell was more impressive in his 2 years , Chase was just ok first 2 yrs.. impressive in his junior year also.. both were consensus top at their position, and they both went 1st.

Chase only played his true freshman season before breaking out (I’ve told you this already), so no, he was not “just ok for 2 years.” His sophomore year was the record breaking season.