Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR trio
Bengals just obtained one of, if not the best, receiving trios in the league. Good luck trying to cover Chase, Higgins and Boyd with Burrow throwing the ball.
Reply/Quote
Hard to handle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengals just obtained one of, if not the best, receiving trios in the league. Good luck trying to cover Chase, Higgins and Boyd with Burrow throwing the ball.

Rush 4 get pressure.

Drop 7 and double Chase.

leaves 5 to take on Boyd, Higgins and Sample who according according to team Chase pre-draft couldn't get separation.

I love how everyone was shitting on Boyd and Higgins and now that we have Chase, magically this is a top WR group??? Makes no ***** sense.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Rush 4 get pressure.

Drop 7 and double Chase.

leaves 5 to take on Boyd, Higgins and Sample who according according to team Chase pre-draft couldn't get separation.

I love how everyone was shitting on Boyd and Higgins and now that we have Chase, magically this is a top WR group??? Makes no ***** sense.

Higgins feasts in that scenario
Reply/Quote

Drop 7 and double Chase.

Who was crapping on Boyd and Higgins. Higgins had an awesome 1st year and Boyd was #1 slot receiver in the league. Sell crazy somewhere else....
Reply/Quote

Drop 7 and double Chase.

They’re a good trio, but gotta fix the interior o-line. The league’s worst interior o-line is no way to protect Burrow. Gotta grab some legit guard and/or center talent in 2-3. The guards are garbage and Hopkins is merely average when healthy. The backups should be bouncing at a local bar.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
If they can get 2-3 interior O-line guys, I'll be happy. Right now, this offense is going to struggle against good defenses.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who was crapping on Boyd and Higgins. Higgins had an awesome 1st year and Boyd was #1 slot receiver in the league. Sell crazy somewhere else....

Where you been the past few weeks when all the talk was how our WRs couldn't get separation and defenses weren't scared and we need Chase so defenses respect us... literally been said thousands of times.

But again... now that we haz da chase... Boyd and Higgins are magically All-Pro in the eyes of people who shit on them.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:35 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Where you been the past few weeks when all the talk was how our WRs couldn't get separation and defenses weren't scared and we need Chase so defenses respect us... literally been said thousands of times.

But again... now that we haz da chase... Boyd and Higgins are magically All-Pro in the eyes of people who shit on them.

Clearly pointing out their weaknesses is not “shitting on them.” Literally every Chase supporter loves Higgins and Boyd. Chase just something we haven’t had since 2015/2016 AJ.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:38 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Clearly pointing out their weaknesses is not “shitting on them.” Literally every Chase supporter loves Higgins and Boyd. Chase just something we haven’t had since 2015/2016 AJ.

Exactly, this is just like drafting AJ Green 2.0
Reply/Quote

Drop 7 and double Chase.

I didn't see much shitting on them. Mostly just saying we don't have speed. 
Reply/Quote

Drop 7 and double Chase.

3WR sets 82% of the time what dont you understand about this????? Nobody said Boyd or Higgins sucked we just needed a really good number 3.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say this gives them a top 10 WR group, but it definitely gives them the potential with 2 very good 2nd rounders and a top 5 pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I wouldn't say this gives them a top 10 WR group, but it definitely gives them the potential with 2 very good 2nd rounders and a top 5 pick.

Boyd was the top slot guy in the league last year, Higgins had almost 1000 yds. I expect Chase to be better than Higgins was. If Burrow stays healthy, I think they will be way up there.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Boyd was the top slot guy in the league last year, Higgins had almost 1000 yds. I expect Chase to be better than Higgins was. If Burrow stays healthy, I think they will be way up there.

Definitely the potential to be if Chase is as advertised.  It will take some time to get back in the flow, but they should be pretty damn good late in the year.  

It helps that Chase and Higgins can win contested balls, because right now there won't be much time to throw.
Reply/Quote
I'm hyped. Let's fix the OL next 2 picks. This offense is fixin to eat
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote

Drop 7 and double Chase.

Who was shitting on Higgens?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Reminds me of the Ross pick. Not the same receiver but a receiver non the less. Every freakin season we all lose our minds over this horrible line. Yet we ignore the problem in FA/Draft once again. I don’t feel as livid about this selection as I did with Ross ( Still pissed about that pick) but this pick is as much on Burrow as management. We did nothing to protect a promising QB and it really put me off to the point I didn’t even want to watch the rest of their games for the first time in my life. They better address the line with the rest of this draft. If not shame on Zach, Brown and Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:33 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: They’re a good trio, but gotta fix the interior o-line. The league’s worst interior o-line is no way to protect Burrow. Gotta grab some legit guard and/or center talent in 2-3. The guards are garbage and Hopkins is merely average when healthy. The backups should be bouncing at a local bar.

I don't disagree, but Joe can work on not holding the ball (should be easier now) too. I think they hit the hell outta both lines from here on out in this draft.

And to those that keep posting that people are hating on Boyd and Tee... Please stop. Nobody's shitting on those guys. The interwebs weren't quite what they are now, but I'm not sure too many people were saying the Vikings were shitting on Chris Carter when they took Moss. Having a lot of playmakers is a good thing. We haven't had it in years, so maybe some of y'all forgot.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:18 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Reminds me of the Ross pick. Not the same receiver but a receiver non the less. Every freakin season we all lose our minds over this horrible line. Yet we ignore the problem in FA/Draft once again. I don’t feel as livid about this selection as I did with Ross ( Still pissed about that pick) but this pick is as much on Burrow as management. We did nothing to protect a promising QB and it really put me off to the point I didn’t even want to watch the rest of their games for the first time in my life. They better address the line with the rest of this draft. If not shame on Zach, Brown and Burrow.

I agree.  We did address the line, with nominal upgrades.  Not enough to move the needle much though.  Poor Mixon and Burrow.
Reply/Quote