Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons (/Thread-Preseason-Game-2-WFT-pros-and-cons)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-22-2021

(08-22-2021, 07:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I want my name to be Spaghetti

Betty Spaghetti, alright...

She was cool. Mellow

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - sandwedge - 08-22-2021

(08-22-2021, 06:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Now this how you run block

Not gonna lie, got a little chubby when I saw that during the game! Way to finish big guy!!

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - wanga - 08-22-2021

Nice

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - impactplaya - 08-22-2021

(08-22-2021, 08:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not gonna lie, got a little chubby when I saw that during the game! Way to finish big guy!!

Its all about being violent with your hands 
Leg drive and keep.those feet moving and 
Not stopping till.the whistle is blown.
I did not see that with Turner as the oline coach
Last year. Guys were not finishing their blocks

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - rfaulk34 - 08-22-2021

(08-22-2021, 07:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I want my name to be Spaghetti

#1 rule of nicknames. You can not pick your own nickname. 

(08-22-2021, 08:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not gonna lie, got a little chubby when I saw that during the game! Way to finish big guy!!

Wait. Are you referring to the video, or...

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - Nicomo Cosca - 08-22-2021

(08-22-2021, 10:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: #1 rule of nicknames. You can not pick your own nickname. 

Yeah, that’s how you end up with Koko the monkey instead of T-bone lol.

(08-22-2021, 10:25 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Its all about being violent with your hands 
Leg drive and keep.those feet moving and 
Not stopping till.the whistle is blown.
I did not see that with Turner as the oline coach
Last year. Guys were not finishing their blocks

What...the...**** is going on tonight??!!

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - BengalHawk62 - 08-23-2021

I didn't get a chance to watch any of the games so far this pre season but where has Samaje Perine been?  I have not heard nothing from him and I thought he was going to be backing up Mixon this year?  I have....had high hopes for the dude.

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - GreenCornBengal - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 10:27 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I didn't get a chance to watch any of the games so far this pre season but where has Samaje Perine been?  I have not heard nothing from him and I thought he was going to be backing up Mixon this year?  I have....had high hopes for the dude.

He’s been underwhelming, but to be fair Mixon hasn’t shown much either. First team run game has been suspect.

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - Nicomo Cosca - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 10:32 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He’s been underwhelming, but to be fair Mixon hasn’t shown much either. First team run game has been suspect.

Mixon has only had 3 total carries in 2 games. Hard to really tell anything off that. Perine has only had 5. Clearly they want to see more of Evans and Patrick. Which makes sense because they know what they have in the other 2.

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - GreenCornBengal - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 10:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mixon has only had 3 total carries in 2 games. Hard to really tell anything off that. Perine has only had 5. Clearly they want to see more of Evans and Patrick. Which makes sense because they know what they have in the other 2.

Ya, it’s a low Sample size for sure, and we won’t know until game one. Just saying I can’t recall anything longer than 3 yards from those 8 combined carries.

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - MileHighGrowler - 08-23-2021

I finally had a chance to watch the game yesterday. I'm sure in 7 pages it's all been covered but I have to say...

First and foremost, listening to Theismann call the game was the absolute worst thing. NFL Network games in general can be rough with the homers announcing but I almost had to put it on mute it was so bad.

The backup QB is not good. At all. We all knew/know this, but if Burrow isn't playing this year, this team is going to be relying almost entirely on defense (and kicking). The defense is good, but I don't think they're so good they can carry the team solely on their shoulders.

Playcalling is weird. Are they trying to practice the plays Burrow runs better? Is ZT trying to get fancy for some specific reason? Some of his misdirection stuff looks really smart and other times it just slows everything down in the backfield. It just looked like more of the Madden ball playcalling we've seen the past two years and not leaning on what situationally makes the most sense. It's preseason, but it looks to me like ZT hasn't changed his way of approaching the game.

Run offense struggled. Perine looks terrible, and Mixon sure doesn't look like what he's being paid to be. Then again, aside from that video link above, the O-line wasn't driving the run game, either.

Chase needs to get his head on his shoulders. Timing issues, time away from the game, being afraid of getting hit; there's no excuse to drop every ball thrown his way. A really bad look at this point.

All of that said, the defense looked solid. Really solid. Special teams looked good. And the pass pro seemed pretty solid as well (though I don't recall Allen holding onto the ball long). I would really love to see some positive steps taken this coming week and get Burrow some playing time as well. Burrow needs to connect with Chase to quell some fears.

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - Nately120 - 08-23-2021

(08-22-2021, 07:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Chiefs are next. I guess they'll be the Kansas City Football team.....KCFT

Chief is a title, not a slur so I can't see that one getting changed.  I suppose the fact that every "native American" team is red is a bit on the nose, though.  

On the plus side, we're all going to be able to tell our grandkids that we lived in a time where major brands were named "Indians" and "Redskins" and they're probably going to think we are totally badass for that. 

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - Sled21 - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 12:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Chief is a title, not a slur so I can't see that one getting changed.  I suppose the fact that every "native American" team is red is a bit on the nose, though.  

On the plus side, we're all going to be able to tell our grandkids that we lived in a time where major brands were named "Indians" and "Redskins" and they're probably going to think we are totally badass for that. 

"Chief" is a title, you are correct. But, it is, and has been, also used as a slur. Redskin originally referred to Native Americans that covered their skin in red clay, but became a slur. 

As for the "white man" comment, most of the Native Americans I know are not happy about the name changes.

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - ochocincos - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 12:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Chief is a title, not a slur so I can't see that one getting changed.  I suppose the fact that every "native American" team is red is a bit on the nose, though.  

Or think we're incredibly offensive.

I've heard the new generation say that shows like Friends and Seinfeld are not really tolerable because of how offensive they are.
I disagreed with that thought at first, but after rewatching many episodes, I could see that from a first-time viewer in an era where it's less accepted.

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - Nicomo Cosca - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 02:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Or think we're incredibly offensive.

I've heard the new generation say that shows like Friends and Seinfeld are not really tolerable because of how offensive they are.
I disagreed with that thought at first, but after rewatching many episodes, I could see that from a first-time viewer in an era where it's less accepted.

Seinfeld is offensive? I’ve heard it all now.

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - fredtoast - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 02:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've heard the new generation say that shows like Friends and Seinfeld are not really tolerable because of how offensive they are.

I think that there is a big difference between what the new generation is saying and what some media outlets claim the new generation is saying.  I have a daughter in college.  She is very progressive and liberal, but neither she nor any of her friends are that extreme.

There is a lot of language from a lot of movies and TV shows that would not be acceptable at this time.  But only a small minority of people cut themselves off from all of that over cultural norms that have shifted over time.

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - ochocincos - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 03:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seinfeld is offensive? I’ve heard it all now.

https://www.insideedition.com/seinfeld-offensive-classic-series-coming-under-fire-millennials-49830

RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - fredtoast - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 03:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seinfeld is offensive? I’ve heard it all now.

And Harry Potter books should be banned from schools because they promote satanic witchcraft.

There are all sorts of extremists out there.