Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow vs. Herbert - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow vs. Herbert (/Thread-Burrow-vs-Herbert--29510)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - Frank Booth - 12-05-2021

(12-05-2021, 09:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty much this. The situation a young QB goes to accounts for so much. Just look at Lawrence with the Jags right now. If you just glance at his numbers without context you might think he’s trending towards bust, but he went to a truly awful situation, with a coach that has no business being in the NFL.

I’ve had people pull up burrow’s numbers from last year and tell me to my face he was awful

They weren’t watching the games. They were just looking at stats

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - Tony - 12-05-2021

(12-05-2021, 08:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Maybe that's where he injured his finger, because he wasn't holding it until after the TD run (well after that lost fumble). anyway, do we even know if it's broken?

He said he injured it on the first drive..

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - Synric - 12-05-2021

(12-05-2021, 09:02 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m not including the first interception in my numbers here. The sack is tough, like most sacks, because it can be difficult to separate QB and OL. QBs do have control over their sack and pressure rates. Even if we eliminate the fumble and account for the rushing TD, we get a rating of 89. That’s kind of janked together, converting the rushing TD into a passing TD. There are other things such as the Chase drops I’m accounting for that I am just now thinking of.

I’m willing to change my stance to Joe played well today. He didn’t play great, but he played well. Perhaps the issue is that even playing ‘well’ is a regression from what he was doing earlier in the season because for the first seven weeks he was lighting defenses up.

I put it on the LT. The play design featured the deep crosser which is a delayed route on a 3rd and long. Could have Joey B played it absolutely perfect? Yes but Williams let the weak side edge beat him around the arch on a long route and make a play on the QBs arm. 

PS Deep crossers are prevalent vs 2 deep sets. This was something the Bengals knew would be apart of the game plan.

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - Nicomo Cosca - 12-05-2021

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - Joelist - 12-05-2021

(12-05-2021, 09:13 PM)Synric Wrote: I put it on the LT. The play design featured the deep crosser which is a delayed route on a 3rd and long. Could have Joey B played it absolutely perfect? Yes but Williams let the weak side edge beat him around the arch on a long route and make a play on the QBs arm. 

PS Deep crossers are prevalent vs 2 deep sets. This was something the Bengals knew would be apart of the game plan.

All Burrow had to do was step up - the space was there and then he would have had a clean throw. 

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - Synric - 12-05-2021

(12-05-2021, 09:19 PM)Joelist Wrote: All Burrow had to do was step up - the space was there and then he would have had a clean throw. 

Like I said he could have played it perfectly but a step up could have made the crosser a late throw in vs 2 deep coverage and could have been a INT. What happened was Williams got beat late and the Defender made a great play in Burrows arm.

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - michaelsean - 12-05-2021

Think of when Joe has three to four seconds without pressure and then throws the ball. What are you thinking the chances of a nice completion are? 95%. That was Herbert today. Herbert looks like he’s going to be really good, and great for the Chargers. Personally I don’t give a shit. He’s not our QB, and this comparison obsession is insane.

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - TecmoBengals - 12-05-2021

(12-05-2021, 09:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Interesting, I want to know the details behind his take.

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - Nately120 - 12-05-2021

(12-05-2021, 09:43 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Interesting, I want to know the details behind his take.

Adding the "by a lot" seems like a stretch, but I'm open to hear the details.  But that could also be a knock against the Bengals as an organization.  Burrow outplays Herbert by a lot and still ends up losing by 19 points at home and having a crappy stat line?  Weird.

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - reuben.ahmed - 12-05-2021

Dan O is just behind Nicoma for Burrow homering though. I like Burrow too so I like his takes haha, but Dan O is relentless about it. They have had several discussions on ESPN about Burrow vs. Herbert for starting on a new team and Dan ends up being the only one choosing Burrow.

(12-05-2021, 09:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Dan O is just behind Nicoma for Burrow homering though. I like Burrow too so I like his takes haha, but Dan O is relentless about it. They have had several discussions on ESPN about Burrow vs. Herbert for starting on a new team and Dan ends up being the only one choosing Burrow.

Taking Burrow overall...makes sense.  Saying Burrow outplayed Herbert by a lot?  That seems like a pot-stirring take, to me.

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - reuben.ahmed - 12-05-2021

(12-05-2021, 09:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Taking Burrow overall...makes sense.  Saying Burrow outplayed Herbert by a lot?  That seems like a pot-stirring take, to me.

Yeah, that's true, it's just coming off he's trying to defend "his guy" from all the arguments they have on TV lol.

"No no no don't look at who won or lost!!" Dan O is a gusher, at least there's one person up there who likes Cincy in some way lol

(12-05-2021, 10:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah, that's true, it's just coming off he's trying to defend "his guy" from all the arguments they have on TV lol.

"No no no don't look at who won or lost!!"

I've seen QBs get outplayed but still get the W...I'm just pretty sure I didn't watch that today.  Burrow played circles around Herbert and Herbert's team dragged him to a dominant win?  I ain't seeing it.

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - J24 - 12-05-2021

Herbert receivers bailed him out along with his defense. Burrow needs.to play better first INT aside you can't turnover the ball two time particularity in the redzone.

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - TheLeonardLeap - 12-05-2021

(12-05-2021, 09:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Right below that in the replies...

[Image: FF4Xg5qXsAIjKfV?format=jpg&name=medium]

Hilarious

That might be an all-time brutal take lookback.

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - MasonDT70 - 12-05-2021

A good rushing game doesn't mean you have a bad passing game. Cowboys and Colts are successfully doing both. There's nothing wrong with saying burrow has been playing worse as of late.

(12-05-2021, 09:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Do I think 148 yards on 29 attempts is good? Hmm there’s that word again, Context.

Seems to me that was the game plan. 20-29 is a damn good day completion wise. And when the raiders have a d-line(max crosby) who can get to the qb with the best of them, you tend to get rid of the ball quickly for shorter gains.

Also, like we all saw that game, Joe Mixon was DOMINANT. And so was the defense.

All you have to do is game manage at that point. Just don’t lose the game. That’s all burrow needed to do, and he did it

You keep focusing on numbers and continue to ignore the workings of that game

Thats not good regardless of the running game being the focus. Great qbs play better than that when they have good run support. It's nice to be able to lean on the running game when your qb isn't playing his best but that doesn't mean he had a great game. 

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - rfaulk34 - 12-05-2021

(12-05-2021, 08:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You say chargers bad even with the finger injury and Jamarr int?

Because at worst I’d say it was a mediocre game from burrow. At best it was decent

Here's how stupid the "good game/bad game by the QB" is...

Chase hangs on to that one pass (ONE PASS), Burrows QB rating is 99.1 instead of 70.8 and he throws for 370 yds, 9.3ypa, 2 tds and 1 pick. 

And Burrow didn't have one damn thing to do with it being that different.

(12-05-2021, 09:43 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Interesting, I want to know the details behind his take.

I'd imagine that herbert just had easier throws, especially on his deep balls since his wrs were just more open. 

RE: Burrow vs. Herbert - Nicomo Cosca - 12-05-2021

(12-05-2021, 10:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Right below that in the replies...

[Image: FF4Xg5qXsAIjKfV?format=jpg&name=medium]

Hilarious

That might be an all-time brutal take lookback.

Doesn’t make everything he says for the rest of his life invalid. I don’t particularly agree with the “by a lot” part, but I do think Burrow made the higher amount of nice throws today. Other than the TD to Tee he wasn’t just throwing jump balls a lot of the game like Herbert was. Herbert also missed a couple wide open guys. Some of the throws Joe dropped in (like the one to Boyd running to the sideline) were just ridiculous. Especially with a bum finger.