Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow vs. Herbert
This game isn't Burrow vs. Herbert. It is Bengals vs. Chargers. It doesn't matter if they run the ball more than they throw it, it is about getting the win.

HOWEVER, knowing Burrow as I think I do.....

I think it matters to HIM that the league see him as the better of the two QBs. He knows that he had a lesser first season, and the injury only further heightened that opinion.

I think Burrow will have a little extra motivation today. I just think that perception matters to him. He would never say it, but here is to Joe having a huge game and bringing home the win.

Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Haha, see Joe v Justin: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Joe-vs-Justin-Don%E2%80%99t-Be-Distracted

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 11:56 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Haha, see Joe v Justin: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Joe-vs-Justin-Don%E2%80%99t-Be-Distracted

Who Dey

Yep!  Saw it and commented on it.  And while I completely agree with your post, I can't help but think this game means extra to Burrow.  A bit like how he felt with respect to Lawrence.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 12:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep!  Saw it and commented on it.  And while I completely agree with your post, I can't help but think this game means extra to Burrow.  A bit like how he felt with respect to Lawrence.  

Say what you want about how today went but overall Herbert wins and showed why he IS the better QB . 
I give Burrow credit for playing nicely with that pinky issue  but Herbert just jumps off the page with talent  every time I watch him.
As for the Bengals in general? I wonder how many fans will continue to show up for these  BIG games at home after they continue to sh* t the bed in games like this 
Reply/Quote
He threw the ball to wide open WRs and jump balls to 6'8 players. He also had 10 seconds in the pocket.

You couldn't find a defender on TV coverage camera sometimes. Wide open. Herbert missed some of those easy passes too
Reply/Quote
Our receivers played like a bunch of drunks today while Herbert threw jump balls to WIDE open receivers. Big difference.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:48 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Say what you want about how today went but overall Herbert wins and showed why he IS the better QB . 
I give Burrow credit for playing nicely with that pinky issue  but Herbert just jumps off the page with talent  every time I watch him.
As for the Bengals in general? I wonder how many fans will continue to show up for these  BIG games at home after they continue to sh* t the bed in games like this 

Didn't they have a BIG home game just last week?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:48 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Say what you want about how today went but overall Herbert wins and showed why he IS the better QB . 

Lol that's not a tape breakdown. Early Herbert wasnt throwing players open or hitting in stride he was tossing jump balls to his bigger receiver who made plays. Later when the Bengals mixed up coverages he struggled to complete passes. It was Bengals turnovers that killed the game plain and simple.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: Our receivers played like a bunch of drunks today while Herbert threw jump balls to WIDE open receivers. Big difference.

Tee Higgins had 9 catches (some amazing) for 138 yards and a TD, I'll take that kind of drunk.

On the other hand: Chase...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tee Higgins had 9 catches (some amazing) for 138 yards and a TD, I'll take that kind of drunk.

True, Tee may have skipped the bar. The rest though....
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tee Higgins had 9 catches (some amazing) for 138 yards and a TD, I'll take that kind of drunk.

Chase has been dreadful recently, to be honest. The drops have been killer.
Reply/Quote
The Chase TD drop turned into an INT was one of the worst and most costly drops I can remember.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:48 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Say what you want about how today went but overall Herbert wins and showed why he IS the better QB

He had lost 4 of his last 6 coming into this game. They've been just as inconsistent as the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Did we flip Chase for John Ross again when we all weren’t looking?

Wtf man.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:58 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: The Chase TD drop turned into an INT was one of the worst and most costly drops I can remember.

Yep...that and the Mixon fumble were brutal turnovers.
Reply/Quote
Also - yeah idk I’m happy for both QBs, Herbert seems to show higher upside. But burrow played his guts out with a bad finger and I think they take the lead if Mixon doesn’t just drop that ball.
Reply/Quote
As I've said before, Burrow over Herbert at #1 overall was a no-brainer pick. The issue is that Miami made it clear they had a buttload of picks they were willing to give us for the #1 pick so Burrow is going to have to be much better than Herbert in order to dispel the fantasy notion that we could have taken Herbert at #5 and gotten multiple 1st round picks from the Dolphins in the process.

Fair or not, it's going to be Burrow vs Herbert plus picks that coulda been anyone and you can rarely beat what ifs and imagination.
Reply/Quote
Chase turned a possible TD and absolute Burrow dime into an interception. People are going to slobber all over Herbert for a while and that’s fine. Joe was not in a position to be successful today.
Reply/Quote
Essex coming in 3..2..1....
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:00 PM)thillan Wrote: Did we flip Chase for John Ross again when we all weren’t looking?

Wtf man.

He's really fell off, that's for sure.. He and Mixon turnovers really flipped this game... That's 2 tds for the Chargers right there..
Reply/Quote